The Dark Knight Rises What if Batman is hardly in this?

Rocketman

Superhero
Reaction score
This is kind of a wild idea, and I apologize if it's been mentioned. By all means, close it.

With that out of the way, the police are hunting Batman. They want to kill him, arrest him, beat him. Batman killed other cops in their minds. He killed Gotham's White Knight. So Bruce would obviously have to be careful. He can't just go out and fight crime like he used to. Gordon is the only one who knows the truth.

So what if we see little screentime of Bruce in the suit? What if he has to do detective work in the day, as a Matches Malone type of character again? What if we finally see Batman in the climax of the film; a 10 minute epic action scene in the end where Batman is finally shown? A chance for him to rise, after we've been waiting to see him for 2 hours?

I know you'll all immediately scream "Hell no!", but think about it. How epic and outside-the-box would this movie be if it was a Batman movie without Batman? What if Nolan could hold our attention in a Batman film without giving us the "star" of the film?

I know: there are toys to sell. There are children going. They don't want to be bored, God forbid. But something tells me, even if it doesn't happen, The Dark Knight could RISE in the end of the film by finally showing himself, by going outside and fighting, regardless of the cops hunting him.

He's in the middle. He's got a new villain hunting him, and the cops hunting him. How epic would it be if Bruce just says "Screw it" and puts on the suit for one final hoorah, even though everyone wants him dead? That's extremely heroic and something I'd love to see.

Lord, we've had some seriously APALLING ideas recently haven't we?

Lets see;
The Ras Jumped theory
The Rachel Jumped theory
Ellen Page for Catwoman
The Batman-is-Jesus theory
The Harvey-not-dead fiasco

and now, the Let's Have a Batman Movie Without Batman theory.

Lets see;
The Ras Jumped theory
The Rachel Jumped theory
Ellen Page for Catwoman

Let's just get rid of theories altogether.

(sarcasm)

With Nolan anything is possible, but this is not. Nolan has created an epic scenario for Batman, and Nolan will not waste the potential.

Check the name of the director. It's Christopher Nolan, not Tim Burton. :o

*rimshot*

No, but Tom Hardly is in this Batman...

*rimshot*

Anyone? Huh? Huh? :o

If it was REALLY well done, I'd be okay with seeing a lot of Bruce and less Batman, and I think that's what we're going to see at first. And if they used someone like Hugo Strange, we could see Batman, just not the real one. :)

My point was that Burton tended to focus on the background and motivations of the villains and Nolan goes in the opposite direction. I'm not saying that either approach is right or wrong, as Burton didn't just do it because he liked villains more, but because he thought Batman was more mysterious if you saw less of him.

Id be down with more Bruce, he definitely needs to find the balance where he's not dragging the Wayne name through the Mud but people dont necessarily think of him of being a possibile Batman. I know he feels the need to make sure his Wayne persona is widely differentiated from anything people might think of as Batman, but you don't have to be the male Paris Hilton to do that. Philanthropy and public concern with out heroics.

Lord, we've had some seriously APALLING ideas recently haven't we?[/spoiler]
Lets see;
The Ras Jumped theory
The Rachel Jumped theory
Ellen Page for Catwoman

Really?? That is horrible, the rest are too but that one takes the cake.

Also, what's wrong with having a scene with Matches Malone? It would actually work in the next film.

Last edited:

Lets see;
The Ras Jumped theory
The Rachel Jumped theory
Ellen Page for Catwoman

:doh::pal:

People really believe this!?! WOW, what are they smoking? Of course she couldn't have jumped... she was tied to the chair. However, when the building blew up, her chair flew out of the building because there were rockets in the legs of it. This is because Joker designed it this way because he fell in love with her at the party and only threw her out the window because he knew Batman would save her. She is in love with him also, and only told Harvey she would marry him because it was part of her and Joker's plan to turn him into Two-Face. Why? Because Rachel is Harley Quinn. There is a reason we never see her body in TDK.

The original plan was to have her come in in part 3 and kill the police and untie Joker while he was hanging where Batman left him. Obviously, that won't be happening now but she will remain Harley and will be a serious threat to Batman, using her knowledge of his identity against him. My sources have confirmed all of this and I believe it.

I'm pretty sure the 'Rachel jumped' theory is a fake o ne designed to show how silly the 'Ra's jumped' theory is. I don't think it's proposer is serious, but, as usual, it has taken on a life of it's own.
Luv teh internetz.

BTW, a Batman movie without Batman? Thanks but no.

This is kind of a wild idea, and I apologize if it's been mentioned. By all means, close it.

With that out of the way, the police are hunting Batman. They want to kill him, arrest him, beat him. Batman killed other cops in their minds. He killed Gotham's White Knight. So Bruce would obviously have to be careful. He can't just go out and fight crime like he used to. Gordon is the only one who knows the truth.

So what if we see little screentime of Bruce in the suit? What if he has to do detective work in the day, as a Matches Malone type of character again? What if we finally see Batman in the climax of the film; a 10 minute epic action scene in the end where Batman is finally shown? A chance for him to rise, after we've been waiting to see him for 2 hours?

I know you'll all immediately scream "Hell no!", but think about it. How epic and outside-the-box would this movie be if it was a Batman movie without Batman? What if Nolan could hold our attention in a Batman film without giving us the "star" of the film?

I know: there are toys to sell. There are children going. They don't want to be bored, God forbid. But something tells me, even if it doesn't happen, The Dark Knight could RISE in the end of the film by finally showing himself, by going outside and fighting, regardless of the cops hunting him.

He's in the middle. He's got a new villain hunting him, and the cops hunting him. How epic would it be if Bruce just says "Screw it" and puts on the suit for one final hoorah, even though everyone wants him dead? That's extremely heroic and something I'd love to see.

I see where you're coming from.. But that just wont be the case. However, I do think that there will be more Bruce time in this one, rather then bat-time, based on the fact that Bruce should have enough brains not to flash his **** all over town as batman all the time, considering the fact that he is hunted by the whole damn city. So like you say, alot more detective time as Bruce in this one, is pretty likely to happen (it's also a perfect cover).

I also think that you're right about the huge impact it would have when batman shows up to save the day in the end. I just dont know how the **** they're gonna do it!

Last edited:
I suspect the Wayne Foundation and Bruce Wayne philanthropist, as opposed to Bruce Wayne corporate buffoon, will play a big role in the third film which might cut down on Batman's screen time. Who knows though.

Lets see;
The Ras Jumped theory
The Rachel Jumped theory
Ellen Page for Catwoman

Thanks for your insight.

This exchange made me laugh. Out loud.

Rocketman, here's a serious response to your proposal.

I doubt that WB would go for a Batman movie without Batman. I do think that Chris Nolan might do something like that if he thought he could get away with it, and who knows, but I feel as though that won't happen here. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Batman's screentime is somewhat reduced in favor of Bruce in any of his various disquises - both BB and TDK have featured him doing stuff in broad daylight as Bruce... or sort of a non-Bruce Bruce. I could see him having to do more of that, for sure, but part of Batman's nature is elusiveness and resourcefulness. He was getting plenty of opposition from the cops in BB and that didn't stop him. Barely even slowed him down. So while I think it's plausible that we get more of him investigating and doing things not in costume than we did in TDK... I don't think that takes the place of Batman entirely, or even to the extent that you suggest.

And don't let Protoctista get you down...he likes to belittle ideas that he doesn't agree with. I think he's mostly joking, though.

HAHA! I was responsible for the Ellen Page as Catwoman thing! Finally some exposure! :awesome:

What if Batman is hardly in this?
1287009482385.jpg

to be honest the o.p's idea isn't actually as bad as it first seems. the only problem is the same "other batmen" deal has been kinda already done (albeit in a different way) in tdk, and batman makes it perfectly clear he doesn't need their help.

Avatar would have been much better without the blue Thunder-cats right?
Not to mention that Micheal Corleone was such a useless character in Godfather Part II

EDIT:

It would work in a TV series but not in a movie. Rather, I want MORE Batman
I want him to show off his martial arts skills, escape artist skills (They could begin the movie with Batman buried in a coffin, monologuing about the situation. He comes out, BAM! He's in the Batcave with Alfred timing him. There's a comic with a similar scene, in Batman: RIP I think).

I want Bruce to truly lose himself in Batman not the other way around. Matches Malone would be good for a scene or two, perhaps that's how we are introduced to Roman Sionis/Black Mask. I would also put in Tom Hardy as Hush.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"