What is the wierdest movie you've ever seen?

Originally posted by Dr.Dude
:eek: :D

Wow. I have no choice in this matter---I officially have to see this "Mullit" movie, or my life will never be complete. :o :D ;)

It's worth it, dude. It was BEYOND f**ked up.

Originally posted by Truthteller
ERASERHEAD is an early David Lynch work. Have you seen it PLAS? Its very disturbing... :(
I want to see that one, but I haven't been able to get it on DVD anywhere

I heard that there is a collection of all of his short films

but I haven't been able to find any info about that

Vanilla Sky...but it was all explained at the end, so I guess it doesn't count...

What's Eraserhead about?:confused:

How to Get Ahead in Advertising

It was funny, but really freakin weird. This guy is trying to come up with an advertisement for a boil removal cream, and ends up growing a boil, which then begins to talk to him, but only he can hear it. The boil begins to take over his body and tries to convince the world, through advertising, that boils are sexy.

So weird, but so damn hilarious.

Eraser Head
Jacob's Ladder
Mulholand Drive

In that order.

-Sleek

texas ***** massacre?
mental note: keep a lookout for that...

Another couple of weird ones are:

"Waking Life" (good, but really odd)

"Gerry" (One of the only movies where I was bored out of my mind cause it was just too fackin odd. And it wasn't even interesting, just boring as hell)

"Archangel" (Guy Maddin is brilliant, but this movie (i believe made in 1991) is just so weird. They make it so that a lot of it looks like a REALLY old propoganda film from WWI. Only in this movie can I see someone stabbed so their guts fall out, then watch him put them back in and then beat the ^_^^_^^_^^_^ out of the Bolsheviks in the house, yet be completely serious about it.)

Me and Him, it's about a guy whose penis one day decides to talk to him

Donnie Darko - but somehow... I think I get it.

Tetsuo the Iron Man, The Devils and Performance. All great but totally nutty!......

Forgot about one that blew my mind.

Six-String Samurai

Weird, but good and cool weird.

I went SCUBA diving in Bonaire, and having just taken a nasty falloff my horse (slight concussion) I found that diving was making me incredibly dizzy. I went back and sat in my hotel room. As long as I held very still I felt okay, so decided to watch TV. I flipped to this weird movie (didn't know at the time the name of it), and I seriously thought it was a freaky music video. All of the tunes are by the Red Elvis's.

Went I got back to the States, I went out and bought it.

It's a post apocolyptic sci-fi-ish movie about this samurai guitar player going to a city (forgot which one, have to watch it again) to be crowned 'the king'. This movie really defies description, you'll have to see it. See it with a bunch of friends.

-Sleek

Evil Dead
Battlefield Earth
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist:eek:

Originally posted by Mr.Webs
Vanilla Sky...but it was all explained at the end, so I guess it doesn't count...

What's Eraserhead about?:confused:
In a way, I hate to even promote this film... its rather disturbing, in a psychological kind of way.

So caution if you don't like that kind of thing. Its like the Mr.Peg of movies. :confused: :(

20m.jpg

This is David Lynch's one and truly most unique film. It's not so much a film as it is a work of free hand painting, in which David Lynch just lets his innermost feelings fly across the screen. In this case, he explores the pressures of fatherhood, in the most disturbing and bleak way as possible. This premise makes Eraserhead a true horror movie, one that can be related to as well. The film is not flawless, however. Sometimes David Lynch can just put completely bizarre and meaningless scenes on the screen, which try to be symbolic, but are more weird. Still, if you are in the mood to be freaked out, rent out Eraserhead.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074486/

A fan site here:
http://www.geocities.com/~mikehartmann/eh.html

brainscan was pretty weird as I recall.

Cube, Eraserhead are on my must see list.

Heh, I was at Blockbuster the other day and I saw "The Book of Mormon Movie" collecting dust on a shelf. Though I haven't seen it, I'm sure it belongs on this thread.

May

It was 3 in the morning and I was hanging out with all my friends and this was on HBO. We didn't see the whole thing but it was a pretty creepy movie with a funny ending.

Troll 2 I think. So bad it was good and utterly hilarious. Pretty damn weird too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"