• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming What should they do with the Spidey franchise? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The obvious answer is: "sell back the rights and let Marvel start clean".
There isn't another option as far as I'm concerned.
I know Sony won't do that, but that would undoubtedly be best for us fans.

The obvious answer is: "sell back the rights and let Marvel start clean".
There isn't another option as far as I'm concerned.
I know Sony won't do that, but that would undoubtedly be best for us fans.

I could see this happening for the MCU in Phase 4. Though I'd hope Marvel would let Carol Danvers and Black Panther shine in their own movies and in the team-ups.

Spider-Man's had his moment in the sun. I think he could be a scene stealer, but I'm really interested in seeing other heroes at work.

Then again, my kid's really, really into Spidey. We watch the current Ultimate SM series (and love it… I feel like the only one around these parts who loves that show LOL!) and he's getting a Spidey/GOTG Christmas in a big way. What I wouldn't give for him to have an awesome Spider-Man movie trilogy to look forward to from MS.

Then again, my kid's really, really into Spidey. We watch the current Ultimate SM series (and love it… I feel like the only one around these parts who loves that show LOL!) and he's getting a Spidey/GOTG Christmas in a big way. What I wouldn't give for him to have an awesome Spider-Man movie trilogy to look forward to from MS.
You see this, Sony? Have a heart this Christmas... #BringBackSpidey

Hypothetically, Marvel gets them back. Does Phase 3 change (something gets dropped or an extra movie added) to allow for a Spiderman movie or do they wait til phase 4?

This question is mostly worthless speculation, but I'm bored.

I could see this happening for the MCU in Phase 4. Though I'd hope Marvel would let Carol Danvers and Black Panther shine in their own movies and in the team-ups.

Spider-Man's had his moment in the sun. I think he could be a scene stealer, but I'm really interested in seeing other heroes at work.

He would be a scene stealer no doubt, but I think that realistically if Marvel ever got the rights back it'd be a good ten years before we ever saw Spidey on the big screen again.
I'm a Spider-man fan first and foremost, and I really think the definitive Spider-man movie has yet to be made and I'm beyond convinced that it could only be done by MS. Sony has more than proven their ineptitude and the chances of them being able to faithfully handle the character are all but gone in my eyes.
Nothing other than a complete reboot in the hands of Disney would satisfy me, but I'm going to have to cope with the fact that I'm not going to get that anytime soon.

Hypothetically, Marvel gets them back. Does Phase 3 change (something gets dropped or an extra movie added) to allow for a Spiderman movie or do they wait til phase 4?

This question is mostly worthless speculation, but I'm bored.

Hypothetically? I really hope not. The Phase 3 set up is perfect, and I think enough given the rest of the CBM movie slate from MS and other studios. I don't want them giving Spidey say… Carol Danvers movie, or even the Inhumans movie (especially if the movie might include some iteration of Kamala Khan/Daisy Johnson/etc…) or Black Panther. I love that Marvel's branching out to give their under-the-radar (to the general public) characters some much needed exposure. THAT is capitalizing on their brand.

Maybe give Spidey a 7-10 year break. Maybe have him return, triumphantly, at the end of Phase 4. Do something like a Spider Island/SpiderVerse event movie (and yeah, have Tobey come back to be one of the older Spider-Mens… I dig that idea, as he's basically still my version of Peter Parker).

And I know it's looked down on here, but what if the Marvel Netflix series turn out to be major event television? If they are well-received, would that change anyone's mind to give Spidey a "television" or Netflix series? I think that could potentially be amazing.

You see this, Sony? Have a heart this Christmas... #BringBackSpidey

Ha! I should take a pic with my son's incredible pouty face and his Spidey jammies on and send it to Avi Arad. I doubt he'd be able to resist it.

#withgreattoddlerpoutcomesgreatresponsibility

July 2016. It's the only upcoming year with only 2 movies (from the MCU)... Do you think they left that spot open on purpose?

July 2016. It's the only upcoming year with only 2 movies (from the MCU)... Do you think they left that spot open on purpose?

Yes, but because planning 3 movies by 2016 might be pretty taxing given the time they have.

Yes, but because planning 3 movies by 2016 might be pretty taxing given the time they have.
If they can purchase the rights in early 2015, they'd hate tons of time to cast, get a script and get filming. Marvel doesn't mess around. They get straight to business.

If they can purchase the rights in early 2015, they'd hate tons of time to cast, get a script and get filming. Marvel doesn't mess around. They get straight to business.

Yea, and they'll be straight to business on 2 other movies plus pre-production for 3 movies the following year.

But having a co-production with Sony would certainly speed things up

Why are Marvel opposed to Garfield as Spider-Man in their movies ?

Why are Marvel opposed to Garfield as Spider-Man in their movies ?

Because they want a clean slate to do what they want with the character without the baggage of previous franchises.
After that second ASM, I can't say I blame them.

It sucks for him but I'm in agreement that we need a clean slate.

Let marvel get who they want.

If rumored deal goes through who knows when a solo Spider-man film will happen.

Let's say as many here happen come january sony takes deal.They are essential giving marvel control.Marvel could sit on solo Spider-man for 5 years till Sony's rights expire.
If deal would be marvel can have spider-man for cross over events like avengers sequels but marvel produces any solo spider-man films with Sony distributing them and getting 40% of profits then Sony may have just turned over spider-man for free and marvel could wait till sony's rights expire to produce any Spider-man films again.

Because they want a clean slate to do what they want with the character without the baggage of previous franchises.
After that second ASM, I can't say I blame them.
Mostly to avoid confusion from the GA. A new Peter Parker would be nice, IMO. They can get right into the character without too much of an origin. Flashback sequences would be perfect.

Mostly to avoid confusion from the GA. A new Peter Parker would be nice, IMO. They can get right into the character without too much of an origin. Flashback sequences would be perfect.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"