• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming What should they do with the Spidey franchise? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If rumored deal goes through who knows when a solo Spider-man film will happen.

Let's say as many here happen come january sony takes deal.They are essential giving marvel control.Marvel could sit on solo Spider-man for 5 years till Sony's rights expire.
If deal would be marvel can have spider-man for cross over events like avengers sequels but marvel produces any solo spider-man films with Sony distributing them and getting 40% of profits then Sony may have just turned over spider-man for free and marvel could wait till sony's rights expire to produce any Spider-man films again.

If marvel got him back you better believe they'll find a way to stick a solo in there for phase 3

Mostly to avoid confusion from the GA. A new Peter Parker would be nice, IMO. They can get right into the character without too much of an origin. Flashback sequences would be perfect.

I'm sure I remember the director of The Incredible Hulk saying that his perfect Betty Ross would have been Jennifer Connelly but he couldn't use her as it would cause confusion with the GA since she had been in the previous Hulk film.

Have a heart guys.. Andrew really, really wanted to be in the Avengers :( :(

People talking like Spider-Man to Marvel is a done deal.

People talking like Spider-Man to Marvel is a done deal.
These boards are going to be absolutely crushed if this deal doesn't go through... I won't post until 2018 because I'll be in my room sobbing for 3 years n' change.

If the leaks are happening because of The Interview, I can't wait for the massive drop of them once it's released. :hehe:

I'm still not getting my hopes up. I hesitate to say I'm even "cautiously optimistic".
However, I do think the deal is as close to getting done as it ever was so that's something.

I don't see how it doesn't happen. Sony is basically dead in the water at this point, and will need as much cash flow as possible for all the upcoming lawsuits that are sure to be filed. They aren't making money on Spider-man films, (or any films from the looks of it) and this public disgracing isn't going over well in Japan. If anything Marvel is even in a stronger bargaining position now than they were in November before the hack.

I won't be able to control my excitement if this goes through. I've been wanting them to sell the rights since Iron-Man came out.

I won't be able to control my excitement if this goes through. I've been wanting them to sell the rights since Iron-Man came out.

Right there with ya pal.

Right there with ya pal.
Me if it happens:

jonah%20hill%20fangirling.gif

I'm still not getting my hopes up. I hesitate to say I'm even "cautiously optimistic".
However, I do think the deal is as close to getting done as it ever was so that's something.

Yes. Same here.

I'm hopeful, but barely convinced, this is happening. It is pretty clear that something is potentially going on, it definitely was being talked about, and I'd kind of buy LR's story about Sony Japan getting involved.

Honestly, it seems like SPE's been in chicken-with-its-head-cut-off mode for a few years now. They need to get a handle on the studio's chief exec. officers and higher-ups though; their business model hasn't been working, especially when you look at the the release of their power points presentations, how Pascal handles talent, and attempts to build franchises unsuccessfully.

If a deal is announced or anything that has Spidey going to the MCU is confirmed, I think there will be a crazy level of excitement here that we haven't seen in a long time. Not since the levels of joy that were everywhere after SM2 was released.

He would be a scene stealer no doubt, but I think that realistically if Marvel ever got the rights back it'd be a good ten years before we ever saw Spidey on the big screen again.

that is true, i think many just live in a fantasy world about it rather then really looking at the realism of the situation

spider-man would over shadow alot of new characters to the audience if he appeared in one of their films which i doubt marvel would wanna do for other potential franchises, its like adding iron man to guardians of the galaxy and then expect iron man to not over shadow them in the eyes of the audience

and spider-mans role in Civil war probably wouldn't have been a rebooted version since how would you even explain who this new version of the character is and where he has been?

Yes. Same here.

I'm hopeful, but barely convinced, this is happening. It is pretty clear that something is potentially going on, it definitely was being talked about, and I'd kind of buy LR's story about Sony Japan getting involved.

Honestly, it seems like SPE's been in chicken-with-its-head-cut-off mode for a few years now. They need to get a handle on the studio's chief exec. officers and higher-ups though; their business model hasn't been working, especially when you look at the the release of their power points presentations, how Pascal handles talent, and attempts to build franchises unsuccessfully.

What do you mean about their power point presentations?
Also (since you seem pretty enlightened as to how Sony has been running things) what all has been happening before the hack to suggest that Sony hasn't been in tip-top shape for a while now? I hear their business model hasn't been working and they have been trying unsuccessfully to start new franchises, but how long have they been on the downward spiral and what do you think the realistic fallout of all this could be? Do you think Pascal, or Robinov, could be fired?

that is true, i think many just live in a fantasy world about it rather then really looking at the realism of the situation

spider-man would over shadow alot of new characters to the audience if he appeared in one of their films which i doubt marvel would wanna do for other potential franchises, its like adding iron man to guardians of the galaxy and then expect iron man to not over shadow them in the eyes of the audience

and spider-mans role in Civil war probably wouldn't have been a rebooted version since how would you even explain who this new version of the character is and where he has been?

That's why I think it'd be in everyones best interest if Marvel moved along with phase 3 without the wall-crawler, as I'm sure they are doing.
Considering the shaky state of the franchise now, if best case scenario the rights reverted, I like to think they'd wait a few years before pumping out another movie.

What do you mean about their power point presentations?
Also (since you seem pretty enlightened as to how Sony has been running things) what all has been happening before the hack to suggest that Sony hasn't been in tip-top shape for a while now? I hear their business model hasn't been working and they have been trying unsuccessfully to start new franchises, but how long have they been on the downward spiral and what do you think the realistic fallout of all this could be? Do you think Pascal, or Robinov, could be fired?

The hack leaked a bunch of actual powerpoint presentations for various projects, GROWN UPS 2, huge Will&Jaden flop AFTER EARTH, SMURFS 2 and Speidy… and they were the very definition of amateurish. They may be on WSJ's Speakeasy blog, but if you google "Sony powerpoints" a whole slew of articles pops up that you can read through. They have language that's NSFW, I believe, so I don't think I can link to them here.

NYT's article on Sony's troubles in '13: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/01/technology/sony-blames-box-office-trouble-for-its-quarterly-loss.html?_r=0

And in '12 http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/30/entertainment/la-et-ct-sony-pictures-cutbacks-20121030

Out of this, I do think Pascal's position is probably most in jeopardy. Sony can couch it in terms of the info that came out from the hack, but I feel like she's been skating on thin ice for a number of years. Robinov, to be honest, I am not entirely sure what role he plays at the studio, though I've mostly heard him in connection with comic book movies.

It seems like Pascal has the most heat on her with the info dump. Fairly or unfairly, Sony can sever ties with her to save a little face. A little.

To be honest… why? Why does Spidey not belong on television? Does TV continue to carry some stigma about it? Because I feel like TV's come a long way in telling stories and producing entertainment that rivals anything a movie studio puts out.

Spidey on TV could be a very interesting way to bring him back to the public. I wouldn't count it out.

To be honest… why? Why does Spidey not belong on television? Does TV continue to carry some stigma about it? Because I feel like TV's come a long way in telling stories and producing entertainment that rivals anything a movie studio puts out.

Spidey on TV could be a very interesting way to bring him back to the public. I wouldn't count it out.

Exactly. Tv has been churning out Excellent material in recent years.It would be a great place to tell solo Spiderman stories.

What I want is a
1.Spiderman tv series
2.Spiderman and Defenders movie series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"