The Avengers What villain do you want in the Avengers movie?

Sorry, but no. Hulk fighting the team in the first act, sure, but a villain throughout, no. Besides Fiege said Hulk was going to be part of the team.

And like in the comics, Thor alone can hold his own with the Hulk, and I'm pretty sure he alone defeats Loki in his own movie. Where's the suspense in watching Loki as the main villain again?

These are the Avengers, "formed to fight foes no single hero could withstand."

The threat needs to be huge, global. I know people hate the idea but there needs to be an invasion by someone or something, or the Masters of Evil; Red Skull, Loki, Abomination or the Leader and Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man.

Magneto headlined the first two X movies with no problem, Loki could do the same for Thor and then the Avengers. done right, Loki could be one of the greatest movie villains ever, IMO.

Hulk gives ALL the Avengers a hard time, and so does Loki.

With good writing, Loki could be good... as I imagine that he would not be squaring off with the Avengers in a heads up fight. There would be intrigue, manipulation, henchman (other existing villains, or enchanted bad-guys like the Wrecking Crew, or summoned Asgard baddies).

I would be OK with it, if they had a sophisticated plot and story... but I still prefer Skull as the repeat villain from a previous Avengers film.

Then Loki can be alluded to at the end of the film (an epilogue kind of scene), having observed Thor involved with this new team, plotting to use this as a means to strike against him (in A2 or Thor 2).

I also agree that Loki has the potential to be one of the greatest villains in cinematic history. Especially with him showing up randomly in different movies. Would be really unique.

Exactly.

Loki is an extraordinary character in Thor's Script. It'd be great to have him as the Avengers foe.

With good writing, Loki could be good... as I imagine that he would not be squaring off with the Avengers in a heads up fight. There would be intrigue, manipulation, henchman (other existing villains, or enchanted bad-guys like the Wrecking Crew, or summoned Asgard baddies).

I would be OK with it, if they had a sophisticated plot and story... but I still prefer Skull as the repeat villain from a previous Avengers film.

Then Loki can be alluded to at the end of the film (an epilogue kind of scene), having observed Thor involved with this new team, plotting to use this as a means to strike against him (in A2 or Thor 2).

Why not have Loki AND Red Skull in the Avengers movie?

I have no idea of the context in a wider plot, but I just have this image of Loki and Red Skull standing together, both dressed in stylish black suits, up in the top floor office of some skyscraper (the Kronas building, perhaps :cwink: ) watching New York burn below. Red Skull is looking out the full-length window, hands clamped tightly behind his back, admiring his handiwork, while Loki - glass of wine in hand - is leaning forward, whispering in his ear.

There could be a very good plot in there somewhere, with a Loki / Skull union. Not sure what the arc could be, but I am a degenerate fanboy... so I will obsess over the idea, and come up with something to post.

Loki was the original Avengers villain.

He will be the villain in the first film.

Loki was the original Avengers villain.

He will be the villain in the first film.

Because Ironmonger was IM's first villain... And Green Goblin was Spiderman's first villain... and Blackheart was GR's first villain...

at the beginning Kang...I think that would be a great opening sequence...then I would focus on a Skrull Invasion...they could pretend Ben Affleck was a Skrull

I love Kang and all. I mean, i'm not just saying that, he's my absolute favorite Avengers villain and in my top five of all time.....but do you really wanna start off this franchise with a time travel story? Just seems like a bad idea to me.

Valid, but it doesn't take two hours to explain this guy came from the future to rule the past. I can say the origin in one sentence, though it loses the luster while being read. It also seems like Ultron would take the same amount of time for an origin.

Everyone's been trying to team up villains. But Avengers 1 needs a simple yet character driven villain if it's going to be successful at all. That villain would have to also be insanely powerful.

The first movie is going to have so much going on with the team forming; why not go for a simple villain instead of a villain like Ultron or Kang?

My suggestion is the Red Skull with a cosmic cube. Great character with cosmic powers= cool. Let's be honest, not even Loki, Kang or Ultron can really go toe to toe with the God of Thunder AND The Hulk. But a psychotic nazi with a device that can rewrite reality as we know it can.

Big Threat? check.
Great character? check.

Easy win imo.

Not to mention that a Cap Villain would be good to help develop Cap in the modern world.

I love Kang and all. I mean, i'm not just saying that, he's my absolute favorite Avengers villain and in my top five of all time.....but do you really wanna start off this franchise with a time travel story? Just seems like a bad idea to me.

Kang is also too big to follow up; the only way you could outdo a Kang war is a kree-skull war or Korvac. Save Kang for a sequel, maybe the threequel.

Kang is also too big to follow up; the only way you could outdo a Kang war is a kree-skull war or Korvac. Save Kang for a sequel, maybe the threequel.

A Masters of Evil, comprised of the Avenger's opposites (Red Skull, Ultron, Abomination, Loki, A guy in an Iron Monger suit, ect.), could be a good sequel idea.

all of the above, no I would rather see Loki be the one behind the scenes manipulating a group of villains. I mean it would be like the skull leading the masters of evil, instead of doom, but he would be manipulated into this position by loki, maybe even have loki working behind the scenes to save the skull from whatever cap does to him at the end of the cap movie.

The only thing I have to say about loki is that if thor defeats him in his own movie, why do we need the avengers to fight him if he can be taken down single handedly by thor. Now if loki teamed up with another villian (redskull, mandarin,abomination,the leader and a pack of gamma mutated freaks,ultron,baron von structor, baron, zemo.)

Personally I'd like to see red skull, baron zemo, and ultron with maybe some ultron minions. Or I'd like see some form of HYDRA, as an opposing threat towards shield.

I am still partial toward Skull + HYDRA or AIM... with or without the cosmic cube. Add in Crossbones... maybe Zemo as a supporting role, leading to a bigger role in a later film (trying to pick up where Skull was so disappointing, in his view).

I am still partial toward Skull + HYDRA or AIM...
Minus the skulls... I have said the same thing somewhere on this board. Totally agree... however, I'm beginning to be a little partial toward that link that describe how Ulton would work as a villain as well.

Minus the skulls... I have said the same thing somewhere on this board. Totally agree... however, I'm beginning to be a little partial toward that link that describe how Ulton would work as a villain as well.

I meant Red Skull, not the Skrulls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"