What was the last TERRIBLE movie(s) you saw? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It felt fake to me and like it was trying to emulate better 70's set films like Boogie Nights and especially Goodfellas but failed. And I usually really like everyone involved in it.
Thank you! I will be seeing it soon, but I was curious as to why you would list it as terrible. Most everyone I know and everyone here on SHH has said it's very good. I'm not sure what you mean by fake, but I will not ask you to elaborate since I haven't seen it yet.

Thank you! I will be seeing it soon, but I was curious as to why you would list it as terrible. Most everyone I know and everyone here on SHH has said it's very good. I'm not sure what you mean by fake, but I will not ask you to elaborate since I haven't seen it yet.
Terrible is too strong a word like I said, just not very good imo, and what I meant by fake is that it felt more like actors acting than real human beings.

Last edited:
Dredd was awful, but I guess it was an accurate adaption of the comics, so there's that. The whole premise seems like the set up for a Batman story, only Batman never shows up.

Terrible is too strong a word like I said, just not very good imo, and what I meant by fake is that it felt more like actors acting than real human beings.
I am going to buy the movie when it comes out on Blu-ray. I look forward to discussing it with you then.

Dredd was awful, but I guess it was an accurate adaption of the comics, so there's that. The whole premise seems like the set up for a Batman story, only Batman never shows up.
I have been wanting to say this was a terrible movie, but I feared the wrath of SHH's Dredd-Faithfuls.... It is terrible though on so many levels.

I am going to buy the movie when it comes out on Blu-ray. I look forward to discussing it with you then.
:up: I hope you like it, I think I am in the minority, so there is a good chance you will :yay:

what I meant by fake is that it felt more like actors acting than real human beings.

That's an interesting observation. Sometimes I even like my movies like that. Like in Django, Dicaprio wasn't real at all. He was acting and having a damn good time. So was everyone else, actually! And I wouldn't have it any other way. Some movies just are different, you don't want to see actors, but people.

Haven't seen Hustle myself, and probably won't. I've had zero interest to watch it all this time.

I don't think I'm hard to impress with action movies, but Dredd was terrible.

Hahaha

Do any of you have actual valid criticisms for why Dredd is terrible? Other than SuperFerret, he already gave a reason.

I thought it was terribly dull and while the action was supposed to be the highlight I found that to be dull as well. Basically it was a boring movie and Urban's incredibly wooden performance (I know that was accurate) didn't help.

I don't understand how someone could describe Dredd as dull. *shrug*

Super 8. Blech.

Remind me why J.J Abrams has a career? From what I hear Lost was muddled & convoluted, Cloverfield was medocre, Star Trek was.. okay, I guess and Super 8 was garbage.

I didn't care for Dredd either. Just pointless savagery in a very ugly backdrop for 90 minutes. Depressing really.

Yeah, Super 8 was pretty lame. I loved his Star Trek movies, though.

I didn't care for Dredd either. Just pointless savagery in a very ugly backdrop for 90 minutes. Depressing really.

Good description, sir! That comment should be on the cover of the movie.

"Pointless savagery in a very ugly backdrop for 90 minutes" - CJ (SHH Forum)

"I wash myself with a rag on a stick!" - New York Times

I think the filmmakers tried too hard to distance themselves from the 1995 movie. While watching it, I could almost hear them scream:

"Look at this, guys! People are skinned alive, eyes ripped out...blowjobs! This is not the Stallone movie, this is hardcore! Look at all the sex and blood!"

I was also depressed by it... But maybe the sequel will be better.

I don't see how Urban was wooden? Considering you only see his mouth for the whole film, I think he conveyed the character of Dredd brilliantly through his facial expressions, body language and different tones of his voice. The slow-mo scenes were creative and unique... the best since The Matrix. I also agree that the use of telepathy is better than any of the X-Men films. Maybe better than any film, ever. The film just executes what it aims to do pretty much perfectly. It's a stripped down ultra violent action film driven by the characters. It has a real "just a day in the life" feel. Like an episode of COPS but set in the future. My only criticism of the film is the CGI blood. Old school Verhoeven style blood squibs would have been much more visceral.

But anyway last terrible film i watched... Green Lantern. I've been bad mouthing it on here recently so decided to check it out again today to see if it's got any better for me. Nope... still one of the worst superhero films ever made. So unimaginative and dull, which considering the GL mythos, is unforgivable. WB's decision to hire Martin Campbell to direct is just... bizarre.

The Purge, what a boring and mindless waste of a great concept.

Suckerpunch
Man of Steel

How does Zack Snyder have a career?

:up: I hope you like it, I think I am in the minority, so there is a good chance you will :yay:

I recently watched American Hustle and I can understand why you didn't like it. I was surprised I didn't like it more considering the talent involved.

Suckerpunch
Man of Steel

How does Zack Snyder have a career?

I can agree about Sucker Punch, but my fangirl was momentarily blinded by rage because you think MOS is terrible. To each their own, but I don't t agree.

As for the last terrible movie I saw that honor goes to The Man With the Iron Fist. Terrible on all levels.

I'd say that Suckerpunch is the only truly terrible movie Snyder's made (that I know of).

The last terrible movie I've seen was Heaven Is For Real. It really had potential if it was made into a horror movie, but as is, it's surprising it got as wide a release as it did.

My friend made me watch a clip from Matthew Brodrick's Godzilla.

I'd say that Suckerpunch is the only truly terrible movie Snyder's made (that I know of).

The last terrible movie I've seen was Heaven Is For Real. It really had potential if it was made into a horror movie, but as is, it's surprising it got as wide a release as it did.

Apparently the kid that movie is based on has a twitter account...it's hilarious and terrifying at the same time :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"