What was the last TERRIBLE movie(s) you saw? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see so many other posters share my disdain for Dredd! I wouldn't call it terrible but it just felt so... mediocre to me. Urban and Headey were okay, but I found the other actors pretty wooden. Olivia Thirlby (who I usually love) I found particularly bad. She just seemed out of place to me. And everything else... the story, the effects, the action, the silly looking helmets... none of it was particularly good, IMO. I know they didn't have a massive budget, but if Gareth Evans can make a juggernaut of an action film for $1 million, then I think you should be able to do something more impressive when you have $45 million at your disposal.

Again, not a terrible movie, but not the great one that some of the fans seem to think it is (IMO).

Glad to see so many other posters share my disdain for Dredd! I wouldn't call it terrible but it just felt so... mediocre to me. Urban and Headey were okay, but I found the other actors pretty wooden. Olivia Thirlby (who I usually love) I found particularly bad. She just seemed out of place to me. And everything else... the story, the effects, the action, the silly looking helmets... none of it was particularly good, IMO. I know they didn't have a massive budget, but if Gareth Evans can make a juggernaut of an action film for $1 million, then I think you should be able to do something more impressive when you have $45 million at your disposal.

Again, not a terrible movie, but not the great one that some of the fans seem to think it is (IMO).

Rows FTW

prisoners. My goodness this sucked. An hour and half into it and had to turn it off

Blended. Don't know why I submitted myself to such torture.
A Million Ways to Die in the West. Not horrendous so much as just deeply unfunny.

A million ways to die in the west was a big let down. The best bits were in the trailer. I mainly went to see it for the doc brown cameo, but it came and went and it went back into suck mode until the Django cameo. Good cameos in a bad movie is still a bad movie. Spoilers. (Now that you know the best parts you don't even have to even redbox it. You're welcome)

1941. Felt like I'd been watching it since that year. Almost didn't make it all the way through. 2 1/2 hours of unfunny.

1941. Felt like I'd been watching it since that year. Almost didn't make it all the way through. 2 1/2 hours of unfunny.

Agreed. I only saw it once years ago and the only good thing I remember about it is Belushi.

Transformers 4. I don't know why did i go, i guess because of friends. It was a terrible movie and one of the worst movie going experiences of my life. I couldn't even sleep with all the noise.

I'll toss my hat into the "TF4 blows" hat. Simultaneously loud and boring, over long, and beyond stupid.

I'll toss my hat into the "TF4 blows" hat. Simultaneously loud and boring, over long, and beyond stupid.

I agree i only saw it because a friend was up visting and there was nothing we wanted to see. The movie is like 2 hours and 40 minutes and no joke like 2 hours of it is just action and the last hour and 20 minutes is just action with like 5 words said and nothing else. For a hour and 20 minutes straghigt of action with nothing else is just crazy way way to much action in the movie and even the action wasn't that great has it is mostly just shooting and stuff blowing up shooting and stuff blowing up over and over again lol. It is one of the worst movies i have ever seen before.

Pacific Rim. I wanted to like it, but really hated the human characters (aside from Idris Elba)

It's between World War Z and Olympus Has Fallen.

Both were so bleh thought both had some good things in them, but the overall prodcuts were just so bad.

Eh, I like Brad Pitt, but he just didn't do anything in the film. And I personally wasn't a fan of the CGI zombies. I like the random teeth chatter stuff they did, the Israeli soldier and everything with her was awesome, I'll give them that, but the end was just dumb to me. And a dumb ending with an overall boring movie that had no real distinct tone or atmosphere didn't help.

As for Olympus Has Fallen, I think it didn't help that I watched White House Down first, considering how awesome that movie was.

I have yet to see OHF. WHD was awesome though. :up:

Yeah, I liked White House Down, although the bad CGI was jarring. I swear, action directors should just hire Michael Bay to be their explosion consultant.

Anyway, I made the mistake of watching the Oldboy remake over the weekend. It wasn't as awful as I expected it to be, but the ending totally ruined it for me. I'm not opposed to making changes, but those changes better not be f***ing stupid. It was one of those endings that literally made the whole movie feel like a waste of time.

If you haven't seen it, avoid it. However, if you've never seen the original, drop what you're doing and watch it right now.

Sabotage was pretty terrible. Everyone in it was an unlikable, horrible, over the top ass and they all swore FAR too much.

I'm not against swearing in movies at all, but this was just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"