When should the DVD come out?

Discussion in 'Thor' started by one4smoke, Jun 4, 2011.

1. The Guardian Forever In Darkness

Picked up my Thor 3D Blu-ray today along with X-men FC, good stuff, I loved the film so it'll be fun to see it again with all the extra goodies!!!:thor::up:

2. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Mine arrived at 2:30. Unfortunately, I had to go to work at 4, so I was only able to watch the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 2 trailer and a few of the deleted scenes. I'm gonna watch the rest tonight when I get home. :up:

3. Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

4. Spideyfan93 Hayley Atwell I love you!

Just brought mine home from Best Buy!!!

5. Blight616 Registered

Picked mine up on the way home & I've seen it twice.

6. Morg Super Moderator

surprised you didn't call in sick just to watch the movie :hehe:

7. co2 Registered

The cardboard slipcover has Hemsworth on the front and the cover shot of Thor's first comic appearance on the back. I'm a sucker for exclusives no matter how insignificant.
    I picked that one up from Best Buy and then swung over to Target and picked up the Target 3-disk exclusive for X-men: First Class.
    ...so do two movies make for a marathon?..Cause that's how I'm spending my weekend.

Once Cap and Rise of the Apes hit disc I'll grab those and thus ends my keepers from this summer's movies. 3 of my favs this year are Marvel properties. Marvel had a damn good year for sure! In fact this might be Marvel's best record. When has Marvel ever gone 3 for 3 good entries? Usually at least one sucks if not more. This time, it was the one swing DC took that was the miss.

#232 co2, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  8. Thor_Odinson Registered

My Blueray arrived early afternoon today. I"ve watched it twice. :woot:

9. galmorzu Demonlord of Evil

Watching the special feature on Laufey really cemented how much I loved that character in the movie. I think that actor's performance was incredibly underrated. The slow, powerful tone and manner of speaking conveyed an immense danger, but also a wonderful sadness. He was very much a ruler crushed by what his empire and people had become. And man, his eyes!

By far, he was one of my favorite parts of the movie. It's too bad he died.

10. Gamma Burst Registered

Yeah, Laufey was pretty badass!

11. TheDragonator Registered

There were a lot of empty shelves on the Thor stand at Best Buy today. The movie is definitely selling. :awesome:

12. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Thor comes with a cardboard slipcover and its only available at Best Buy? My copy didn't have that. Although, I am disappointed that there isn't enough special features on the standard dvd when Blue Ray has it all. :(

13. Gamma Burst Registered

Good news.:word:

14. 04nbod I need to debrief you

I'd be jealous that I have to wait but I have Star Wars on Blu Ray to watch so I'm not gonna cry!

15. Gamma Burst Registered

Cool news here. There'll be big events at some of the biggest bookstores here in Brazil, celebrating Thor's DVD/BR release.
    They'll celebrate 'Thorsday', and they'll expose some of his comic books. Also, they'll discus Norse mythology.

Great to see the God of Thunder being popular. ;)

16. Havok83 Registered

If you print out the Kmart listing for the 3D version, you can PM at Best Buy for $22.99, which is the same price as the regular BR. I did that yesterday even though I dont own a 3DTV.

17. GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

My mom's getting it for me as a late birthday present... she's supposed to be getting ot today, finally. Hopefully I'll have it when I get home later. Can't wait to watch it again :up:

18. TheDragonator Registered

Yep. I think it's a bit early, but it's probably safe to say that Thor's gonna get a trilogy. :D

19. Gamma Burst Registered

just got my DVD/BR! With a huge poster.:cool:

20. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I'm watching mine right now. I'm at the part where Odin collapses after Loki yells at him. :awesome:

21. herolee10 No More Miracles

i swear, the one thing that keeps bugging my head whenever I watch this film is how short Thor's time is on Earth.lol

Not to mention that I'm wondering on how Coulson got to New Mexico so fast (only a couple of hours after the hammer flew down from Asgard) when he was with Tony in Malibu, along with having had some sort of mini adventure that'll be shown in the other one shot MCU film.

22. TheDragonator Registered

Actually, does anyone have the old Comicon Trailer? I'd like to see a comparison in the effects between the effects at that point and in the final version. The most noticable I remember is that shot of Heimdall in the Comicon trailer had him completely covered in ice in the final version.

23. Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

I still love the film. I just wish there were more special features.

24. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

A couple hours? Mjolnir crashes down in the middle of the night, JMS finds it the next morning, and there's time for a huge congregation of would-be Thors to gather and attempt to lift Mjolnir before Coulson even lays eyes on it. If anything, "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Mjolnir" is meant to explain why Coulson took so long, since California to New Mexico can't be too long a trip via whatever private jets I'm sure SHIELD has.

25. Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

But I always thought that Coulson was a master of magic. I assure you Coulson will be the one to take down Loki in the Avengers.

I always want to give Loki a big hug after that scene.