When should the DVD come out?

Discussion in 'Thor' started by one4smoke, Jun 4, 2011.

1. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Odin's way less of a jerk in the movie than in the comics, all things considered. I felt bad for him when he collapsed. :csad:

But I also thought Loki was totally awesome. :)

2. Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

I think more than anything Tom Hiddleston's and Anthony Hopkins' acting in the scene really sells it, especially when Loki realizes that Odin's collapse might have been caused by him. All the conflicting emotions were right there in Hiddles' eyes.

P.S. I think Odin being less crabby has everything to do with the fact we all just love Anthony Hopkins. Am I not right?

3. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

In part, perhaps. But it also has a lot to do with the movie Odin not granting Jane godhood knowing she'd be overwhelmed to shame her in Thor's eyes or duping a *****ey but innocent human cameraman into dying in Thor's place or a hundred other awful, ruthless things the comic Odin's done without batting an eyelash.

4. MahvelBaby! Registered

I think either my copy is defective or they altered the scene where Thor tries to convince warriors three to go to Jotunheim where it goes Fandral...Hogun and continues I could have sworn Thor says something to Fandral aswell :/

5. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Nope. He only says something different to Fandral in the extended version of that scene. He asks Fandral who led him to the most beautiful maidens or something.

6. MahvelBaby! Registered

Funny I could have sworn that was the version of the scene I saw in Theaters, heck it's the version I remember :/

In my version he says nothing to Fandral he just days Fandral then Hogun and then proceeds to talk to Hogun........

7. MahvelBaby! Registered

The more I think about it the more I believe they altered that scene in the DVD That is not the way I remember that scene and it is edited very poorly too it would have stuck out to me when I saw the movie countless times in Theaters and it grates my ears all of a sudden when I see it.

8. Gamma Burst Registered

Watched it today for the third time. :D

9. Lady Marion It's all in the swing

I've seen it only two times in theaters, but I think it`s the same scene on the DVD. Thor talks to Fandral an Hogun "Who leads you to the most glorious battles..." an goes on to Volstagg. I think, there was nothing more.

10. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Cool man. I saw it a few times too after I bought it but not all in one day :p

What is everyone's favorite scene(s)?

#260 DarknessOfDeath, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  11. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Obvious, I know, but for me it's definitely the part where Mjolnir slams back into Thor's hand and the massive lightning blast restores his godhood.

Jane: So... is this how you normally look?
    Thor: More or less.
    Jane: It's a good look.

:funny:

12. Spideyfan93 Hayley Atwell I love you!

Oh...

My...

...God(high pitched tone)

13. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

I have to say that is one of my favorite powerful moments when Mjolnir slams back into Thor's hand before battling the Destroyer.

The scene when Sif, and the warriors 3 are walking into town and one of S.H.I.E.L.D's agents call them in. "We have a Xena, Jackie Chan and a Robin Hood."

"I like it. Another!" when Thor smashes the cup on the floor. lol.

When Sif and the warriors 3 show up at the window. I wonder how they knew where to find Thor.

The scene when Thor explains the nine realms to Jane. Interesting stuff.

I hope Thor 2 explains it a bit more.

14. Gamma Burst Registered

It has to be the battle scene with the frost giants! Epic stuff. :cool:

15. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

That too :awesome:

I dunno about anyone else but I am looking forward to Thor 2 besides the Avengers.

16. Gamma Burst Registered

You're definitely not alone.:)

17. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I really hope Thor gets to kick some massive ass alongside the Avengers in their movie. That's my main concern at the moment.

18. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Yeah the scene IS different in that. Loki reacts differently to Thor going to Jotunheim as well as Thor referring to the Maidens for Fandral.
    The wording IN the movie includes both Fandral and Hogun to being lead to the most glorious of battles.
    I would have preferred the beginning of that scene with Fandral's maidens, THEN Hogun being lead into battle and THEN the theatrical version from there.

19. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Heh Showed my son the movie since he didn't get to see Thor in the theaters. He liked it alot!

He likes the Thor game too, so it's not all THAT bad. lol

20. GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

A few of my favorites...

When Thor finally reaches Mjolnir, and you can just see the triumph on his face, and then the mounting horror when he realizes he can't pick it up. Then the shot of Heimdall's eye as he watches Thor's failure... the whole scene is great.

Like everyone else said, when Thor Mjolnir slams into Thor's hand, I love everyone's reaction to it. The mortals can't believe it and Sif and the Warriors Three are so happy.

I love when Thor comes strutting in Odin's hall in the beginning, flipping Mjolnir around... Sif's reaction cracks me up.

The entire Jotunheim battle... the more i watch the movie the more I like the frost giants, especially Laufey. I like the slow, deliberate way he speaks. A fallen king but no less deadly. It's a shame Loki killed him.

21. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Oh, another favorite moment for me: Loki's appearance at the SHIELD base. Hiddleston's slyness opposite Hemsworth's earnestness plays really well. You can see Thor's heart break all over Hemsworth's face when Loki says Odin is dead.

22. Marvel Registered

23. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Wow, that is surprising. Although, I guess a lot of the Star Wars fans may not be buying the new release in protest because Lucasfilm altered even more from the original releases.

24. Gamma Burst Registered

25. GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

Great to hear Thor is #1 :up:

Not surprising because just about every store I've been to have been pretty much sold out, maybe just one or two of the DVDs left.

I'm a big SW fan but I didn't get it just because I've yet to get a BR player... and I didn't wanna spend $90 for something I can't even watch yet.