When should the DVD come out?

Well the script has a Scene that is basically right AFTER Odin telling the Story to Young Thor and Loki and just before you see Thor's back in the Throne room at the Coronation.
Thor, Frigga, Loki, Sif and the Warriors III are all in a side room, it's basically a scene that introduces all Thor's close Friends and Family except Odin.
Thor and Loki discuss their helmets and Loki makes fun of how Thor's helmet looks like an Eagle.
There's even a reason behind why Sif rolls her eyes when Thor walks down toward Odin that's in the side room scene.

great, i really want to get a few pics of thor in his helmet.

Thor fans, this list of deleted scenes might hurt the heart a bit:

would have been cool to see some more interactions, but im just glad i get to see those scenes at all. instead of just hearing about them or reading them from a script. can you imagine the deleted green lantern scenes, they would just be empty rooms with actors in mocap, or just storyboards. we might get some empty rooms in thor but atleast the costumes are real.

I mean remember they DID say there was SUPPOSED to be something with Odin's vault and it's contents and unless the "From Asgard to Earth" is what they meant I don't think that's ALL that's coming

2 Disk DVD maybe?

I want a proper documentary about Thor that Iron Man got

I'd love a featurette similar to the IM one were they get all the comic writers to detail the history of the character.

2 Disk DVD maybe?

I want a proper documentary about Thor that Iron Man got
Well I'm assuming that the deleted scenes ARE on the 2nd disc of the dvd. I guess we'll have to wait for more details.lol

I'd love a featurette similar to the IM one were they get all the comic writers to detail the history of the character.
I hope to heck we get some DELUXE special DVD and Blu ray. hahaha there's just so much cool stuff for Thor.

I can only imagine he's not getting one because half the writers say Donald Blake IS Thor while the other half are saying they are separate people. :o

I'll go with split personality disorder :cwink:

heh They're the same, but not, in the comics. lol They share experiences and knowledge.
Actually in the recent Ultmate Thor mini, they show BALDER as being Dr Blake. lol In the Ulty world the gods fall to earth after a war and powerless.

Actually in the recent Ultmate Thor mini, they show BALDER as being Dr Blake. lol In the Ulty world the gods fall to earth after a war and powerless.

I'm still wondering if that might be how the movieverse brings Balder into it eventually. (Hey, we never SAW Donald Blake in the movie, and yet, his clothes fit Thor, of all people... And we know the movies are willing to borrow certain things from the Ultimates verse.)

But that is speculation for another thread...

The less Ultimate influence, the better.

Thor and Don Blake are the same person, they're just filtered through different perceptions. They share the same memories, but they perceive those memories and their experiences differently. Blake is a man and perceives the world as a mortal, cosmically insignificant human being, whereas Thor is a god and perceives the world as a god. But each loves the other's world as much as his own--Thor longs for the euphoric bliss of a fleeting, mortal life where every second counts, while Blake is in awe of the cosmic and fantastical things Thor considers commonplace.

One of my personal favorite examinations of the Blake/Thor relationship is Jim Owsley's (a.k.a. Christopher Priest's) Thor: I, Whom the Gods Would Destroy. It's one of the graphic novels Marvel put out in the '80s. I would highly recommend anyone who's confused about their relationship to check that out. :up:

I'll be disappointed if that's not on there.

heh They're the same, but not, in the comics. lol They share experiences and knowledge.

I prefer the early Lee/Kirby stuff of all the mainstream Thor runs regarding the split so I'm very much in the 'he's the same guy' camp. I like the idea that Donald is an aspect of Thor Odin wanted him to take notice of. That Thor is a humble and intelligent person but he hasn't realised that potential. I'm cool with the ghost thing JMS had going on if Donald is Thor conscience and Thor is Donald's instinct. Saying they are 'different people' ,or that Don is a 'reproduction of Keith Kincaid' just confuses things that don't have to be confused not to mention it makes any relationship either has very weird.:oldrazz:

Last edited:
Ugh, that Keith Kincaid thing and that other origin, that Odin literally plucked a human being named Don Blake out of his own life and forcibly joined him to Thor, both suck. Especially since we've learned in other comics that Blake isn't even Thor's first human identity. He's been a frail viking, Siegmund, Siegfried, and probably others throughout the ages.

The less Ultimate influence, the better.

Thor and Don Blake are the same person, they're just filtered through different perceptions. They share the same memories, but they perceive those memories and their experiences differently. Blake is a man and perceives the world as a mortal, cosmically insignificant human being, whereas Thor is a god and perceives the world as a god. But each loves the other's world as much as his own--Thor longs for the euphoric bliss of a fleeting, mortal life where every second counts, while Blake is in awe of the cosmic and fantastical things Thor considers commonplace.

I don't disagree with you, but it looks like the movies have already negated the possibility of following that path.

And I also agree with "the less Ultimates influence the better", but so far, the amount of Ultimates influence in the movies has felt... bearable. It kind of seems like even when they incorporate something that is similar to the Ultimates version, they adapt it so that doesn't feel quite so Ultimates-y.

I'm just trying to read the tea-leaves a bit, and probably the guess is way off. But it would seem weird, to me, if the movieverse left out Balder entirely. If it's going to include him, though, his complete absence (even in reference) in the first Thor movie would have to be explained somehow. So I'm just wondering whether "Jane Foster's ex, Dr. Donald Blake" will turn out to be more than just an Easter Egg reference for the fans to chuckle at.

Yeah, I'm talking about the comics. In the movies, I fully expect that we'll never really see Don Blake. It'd create a lot of problems for a movie scenario, where they have to worry about actors' screen time and hiring different people to essentially play the same role and such. Blake's currently a name that serves as an easter egg to comic fans and that's probably all he'll ever be.

I see Amazon has the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack up for pre-order. I may just pre-order instead of buy the day it comes out. Mostly cause I have no idea if I'll have that kind of money come it's DVD release, LOL!

Yeah, I'm talking about the comics. In the movies, I fully expect that we'll never really see Don Blake. It'd create a lot of problems for a movie scenario, where they have to worry about actors' screen time and hiring different people to essentially play the same role and such. Blake's currently a name that serves as an easter egg to comic fans and that's probably all he'll ever be.
heh I would LOVE to see a scene where Don is in Some hospital or something similar and WE know this guy is Don but Thor doesn't and they bump into each at a corner hallway, pardon themselves and move on. lol

I see Amazon has the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack up for pre-order. I may just pre-order instead of buy the day it comes out. Mostly cause I have no idea if I'll have that kind of money come it's DVD release, LOL!
WOW that's a tad expensive lol Wonder what all is on that set?

WOW that's a tad expensive lol Wonder what all is on that set?

I think I paid around the same for Iron Man 2's Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack...though slightly less since I am a Target employee and I got it at Target, LOL!

Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant (3:41)

So this is the first Marvel short we've heard about?
Damn, I actually hoped it be longer than that... Can't see much of interest being accomplished in less than 5 minutes.
Probably just Coulson on the phone in some random location dropping names.

Can't wait to see how the dvd is layed out. I hope it's like the Movie website. :D

In Italy the dvd release date is september 21. I have already ordered the DVD thirty minutes ago. :D

"It will be mine...Oh yes, it will be mine". The 3D Blu Ray is a definite buy for me!

Thor fans, this list of deleted scenes might hurt the heart a bit:

* Audio Commentary with Director Kenneth Branagh
* Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant (3:41)

Featurettes
* From Asgard to Earth (18:48)
* Our Fearless Leader (3:05)
* Assembling The Troupe (4:27)
* Hammer Time (5:54)
* Creating Laufey (5:14)
* Music of the Gods (1:55)
* A Conversation (2:12)
* Marvel Studios - The Avengers (2:24)

Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Director Kenneth Branagh
* Thor and Loki Before the Coronation (02:48)
* Warriors 3 and Sif Turn Over Their Weapons (1:13)
* Thor and Frigga (0:34)
* "Rah Rah" (Extended) (4:22)
* Hospital (Extended) (2:02)
* Frigga Confronts Odin (1:06)
* Loki is Made King (3:23)
* Selvig Sings with Thor (1:07)
* Warriors 3 and Sif Arrive (Extended) (4:41)
* Darcy's Dog (0:23)
* Selvig is Saved by Thor (1:32)

Trailers
* Teaser Trailer (2:17)
* Theatrical Trailer (2:16)
* Marvel - The Avengers (Animated) (1:11)

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV280663/

I see a few that I were in the script that I had wished stayed in the film....

I Can't wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"