• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which 2016 CBM are you looking forward to most?

Yeah I'm with you. Not much interest in it. Never was into Batman and Superman cross overs. I like Batman solo. It's why I'm not much of a JL fan either.

Batman vs Superman easily, nothing else comes anywhere near close

Yeah they are, good thing he's not doing it by himself right? I think it's taken way to long for someone who actually writes a character in the source material to have a hand on the big screen, in a real way. Let'ts skip Frank Miller, though the first Sin City was entertaining. Mark Millar was appointed as a creative consultant at Fox way back when, and what ever happened there?

Every MCU films does this pretty much standard.

They always meet with the comics writers to pick their brains when writing and adapting new movies. They get together with the brain trust and have roundtable discussions about how to solve inherent problems and such. They've been reporting on this for years now. I don't know if they ever get a writing credit on the films(I think J. Straczynski was a writer on the first Thor movie for sure) but they still have a hand in shaping the movies in a real way.

Last edited:
Didn't know about that. You'd think AOU, Thor 2, and Iron Man 2 and 3 would have been much better for that.

I found them to all be good-to-great. There's a reason they are all fresh on RT. And the evidence suggests that most people happen to agree with my position on them for whatever that's worth.

Last edited:
After all the Trailers that came out last night this is how I stand

1. Batman vs. Superman Dawn of Justice
2. Deadpool
3. Suicide Squad
4. Civil War
5. X-Men Apocayspe
6. TMNT
7. Dr. Strange

Strange could move up over time and so can Civil war just need to see those 1st trailers. I

Deadpool does look fricking awesome!

The trailer for Deadpool actually kind of made me LOSE interest. Way too juvenile.

After yesterday's trailers, Suicide Squad is still on top.

in order:

1) Deadpool
2) X-Men Apocalypse
3) Batman v Superman
4) Doctor Strange

Might see these, eventually:

5) Suicide Squad
6) Gambit
7) Captain America 3
8) TMNT 2

Almost two months later and it's pretty much the same. Just bumped SS up two.

1. Cap 3
2. Dr. Strange
3. Deadpool
4. X-Men 8
5. BvS
6. Suicide Squad
7. Gambit

Ok, after these latest 3 trailers* it's more like this:

1. Cap 3
2. Dr. Strange
3. Deadpool
4. Suicide Squad
5. BvS
6. X-Men 8
7. Gambit

* Deadpool, Batman v Superman & Suicide Squad. If there are any others released at SDCC(like X-Men 8), I'm not aware of them.

Last edited:
The new BvS trailer was a lot more interesting than the first. Did the other trailers get posted online officially? I won't watch them otherwise...so I can't speak for them. My stance is pretty much the same.

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. X-Men Apocalypse
3. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
4. Dr. Strange
5. Deadpool
6. Gambit
7. Suicide Squad
8. TMNT2

The trailer for Deadpool actually kind of made me LOSE interest. Way too juvenile.

Same here. Idk if I could handle a whole movie of that. lol. I like Deadpool when he's a LITTLE more mature. Like in X-Force.

My top is still Civil War, with BvS veeeerry close behind.

(With my level of excitement rated out of five)

Suicide Squad (5/5)
Trailer looked way better than expected. The premise of movie and its tone seem very unique and fresh. Stoked for Harley's debut, Deadshot in that badass white mask, Courtney's sleazy looking Captain Boomerang, and of course, a new take on The Joker, who I thought looked and sounded awesome in the trailer. Here's hoping Ayer delivers.

Batman v Superman (4/5)
There's so much exciting new territory: the first Batman/Superman movie, Superman being perceived as a villain, a dead Robin, Wonder Woman, a TDKReturns version of Batman, Eisenberg's Lex Luthor, weird desert scenes with Superman soldiers and trench-coat Batman, etc. However, Snyder and Terrio's relatively unproven track record prevent me from being completely on board, and some of the cgi action in the latest trailer is iffy.

X-Men Apocalypse (3/5)
Apocalypse and the horsemen are exciting, as is the idea of seeing young Scott, Jean, and Storm join the X-Men. Unfortunately I tend to find Singer's films a bit flat, and some bits in the trailer felt a little goofy.

Dr. Strange (3/5)
Even though I know nothing about Dr. Strange, I just think the spectacle could blow everyone's minds.

Civil War (3/5)
Spidey hanging out with Cap and Tony sounds awesome, but after AOU, I think I might be experiencing a bit of franchise fatigue with these characters.

Deadpool (2/5)
Looks like they're making Deadpool the way it should be. Just never read any Deadpool to know if I'm a fan.

Gambit (1/5)
I'd be excited for this movie if they brought in a director with a sexy stylistic flair, but Wyatt's not exactly known for that (though to be fair, we've barely seen any of his work).

Last edited:
BvS and Suicide Squad are still easily my most anticipated, especially after their trailers.

If Cap:CW does its comic counterpart any justice, it could be magnificent.

1. X-Men: Apocalypse
2. Gambit
3. Deadpool
4. Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice
5. Doctor Strange
6. Captain America: Civil War
7. Suicide Squad
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Exactly. It didn´t feel natural to me. The comedy in it seemed very forced, and like you said, juvenile. The type of thing that would made me laugh when i was 13. Not that CB movies need to be "adult", but i like them to be, at least, intelligent, and nothing i saw in that trailer was.

The trailers for Suicide Squad and Deadpool made me more excited for those movies. However, BM v SM and CW are still tops with me. At this point, I would not change my vote for BM v SM.

Man, can 2016 hurry up and get here already?!

Dr Strange for me, bring on magic in the MCU at last!

1. Captain America 3: Civil War
2. Batman vs. Superman
3. X-Men: Days of Future Past
4. Deadpool
5. Dr. Strange
6. Suicide Squad
7. Gambit

8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 on Netflix in December or January

It'll take a lot for me to get excited for a Channing Tatum-led Gambit film. As it stands, I think that's pretty bad casting. I'll hold judgement until I see and hear him as the character, but for now I'm pretty skeptical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"