The Marvel

Civilian
Reaction score
This thread asks, If they make an Avengers movie should they use:

1.The Avengers (616)
2.The Ultimates (Ultimate)
3.Both Combined

Thoughts?

Even though I'll probably get stoned for saying this, there are definitely aspects of the Ultimates which I'd like to see on screen. But what it really comes down to is seeing the best possible product on-screen, whether that's all 616, all Ultimates or somewhere in between (most likely option).

I agree, there are aspects of the Ultimates that translate very well to the screen. But these aspects are things like having Fury control them and have them be sanctioned by the Governement. Have them working on the Super Soldier Program and etc. But the movie would crash and burn (not to mention piss me off) if it revamed the characterization and made the characters and not the situations based on the Ultimates. 616 Avengers are much more likable people.

I thought I read something a while back talking about how they would HAVE to use Ultimates since they would be at odds with the spy team named the Avengers from way back.Don't know if it was confirmed though.

Things from 616:

1. Their personalities must be 616 based.
2. Their villains. I'd rather see them fight Kang, Ultron, The Masters of Evil, and The Kree/ Skrull war than any of the Ultimate horse****.

Things from Ultimates:

1. Their origins should be based on S.H.I.E.L.D...Skip out on Loki, and have the team be assembled to battle the Masters of Evil.
2. They should think Thor is a dellusional Omega Level Mutant, not a Thunder God...it fits a more realistic setting a little bit.
3. They should think about using some of the ultimate looks.

616 with obvious modernizations. and the ultimate thor element is just too obvious to pass up.

as for what team members/ stories.

Avengers 1:

Avengers: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Giant Man, Wasp
Villains: Ultron
Other: Rick Jones, Nick Fury, Black Widow.

2 would introduce the masters of evil, and in 3, the Masters of evil would have to team up with The Avengers, as the Thunderbolts to stave off an invasion by Kang.

Ultimates all the way.

Avengers all the way. :up:
Ultimates is a good read but Avengers it ain't. This isn't the X-men. This is not a team assembled by the government. It's a group of heroes that thought "You know, we can probably get much more done if we group together." That's what I want to see. Not "Hey, we have these freaks in the back that would make great superheroes."

Ultimates is a good read but Avengers it ain't. This isn't the X-men. This is not a team assembled by the government. It's a group of heroes that thought "You know, we can probably get much more done if we group together." That's what I want to see. Not "Hey, we have these freaks in the back that would make great superheroes."

Damn you! You just changed my entire perception of the Avengers. I always thought the way they formed in the Ultimates worked better for film. But you're right. The first big heroic thing they do is decide to come together, to unite if you will. In the Ultimates they were asked. In the 616 Avengers, they stepped forward. I retract my earlier post.

AMEN:ninja:

It'll likely be a unique Avengers like how they handled X-men. Borrowing some aspects of the Ultimates and the classic version.

I say a combo of both. Though I lean heavily towards the Ultimates side. I prefer the look of standard Iron Man, while the rest I prefer Ultimate, though Thor I think should start out in his Asgardian outfit before donning his Ultimates/Avengers uniform. Have them as a S.H.I.E.L.D. superteam, but go with S.H.I.E.L.D. as a UN group rather than US.

The formation of the team has to take a page from the Ultimates.I mean,how else is a super soldier,a billion dollar tycoon,a thunder god and a geeky scientist/monster going to meet up and form a team?

All due respect to what Stan and Jack did,but in terms of selling this movie and its premise,Ultimates is the way.

The formation of the team has to take a page from the Ultimates.I mean,how else is a super soldier,a billion dollar tycoon,a thunder god and a geeky scientist/monster going to meet up and form a team?

All due respect to what Stan and Jack did,but in terms of selling this movie and its premise,Ultimates is the way.

I agree with Ultimates as the way to go for the team forming.

However, I disagree with them fighting generic aliens and The Hulk. That's lame. Have them fight the masters of evil, or someone with some weight to it.

I don't like that the government grabs this group of superheroes and puts them together. Kind of belittles the heroes themselves in a way. Especially people as big as Tony Stark and Thor. I think Tony Stark bringing them all together still works today. Or better yet, Thor bringing them all together to defeat Loki (since that was what their first adventure was about). Or even Hulk going on a rampage and meeting each member along the way and kind of collecting them together unwittingly. Any way they do it in the end they all decide to form a team for when these big problems arise that they cannot take on by themselves.

It's pretty easy to accomplish and plausible without making them this government aided superteam. They work for the same reason the Justice League work...in fact they are Marvel's Justice League.

I don't like that the government grabs this group of superheroes and puts them together. Kind of belittles the heroes themselves in a way. Especially people as big as Tony Stark and Thor. I think Tony Stark bringing them all together still works today. Or better yet, Thor bringing them all together to defeat Loki (since that was what their first adventure was about). Or even Hulk going on a rampage and meeting each member along the way and kind of collecting them together unwittingly. Any way they do it in the end they all decide to form a team for when these big problems arise that they cannot take on by themselves.

It's pretty easy to accomplish and plausible without making them this government aided superteam. They work for the same reason the Justice League work...in fact they are Marvel's Justice League.

I can see your point.

Regardless, they need to keep Ultimate Thor in. It's too...out there for them to just nod and go "Oh, yeah...God of Thunder...son of Odin." They need to be like "yeah, that omega level mutant is a little nutty."

I'm all for 616 Thor in all his glory.

But Ultimate Thor is a god...

I'd like for the team and the whole world to think that he's crazy sure, but I think his own movie coming soon will pretty much have the whole world knowing for a fact that he's a god already. :p All the mystery is pretty much dead by the time the Avengers movie does come out.

Thor is Marvel's Superman (I don't count Sentry). Let him be the supernatural oddball of the group. It's ironic because he's the heart of the team and what keeps them human and grounded.

Avengers, easily.

Stay far, far away from the cartoonish Ultimates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"