Which Mask for Cobra Commander

These are a super fantasy group vs super villains, so I don't think Paramount is thinking about the Taliban or whomever.

This movie will have to be in the same world those movies where people accept dudes dressed as bats, in iron suits, and tight-ass lycra spider motif.

I said just chalk up Cobra Commander's costume to him being a lunatic. If someone who was a terrorist in real life wore that, we'd immediately think he was nuts but no less dangerous.

I`d say they do it in the future and not exactly in our day. They modify the battle ground a bit like Gotham city. This way it wont look awkward or something.

I'm actually thinking CC will look like a Range Viper for some reason.

I hope they hand out the blue hood with tickets so after the film I can use it to erotic asphyxiat myself. :csad:

The hood. If its done right, with piercing eyes from behind it.......it gives you chills, almost like a horror movie killer in the scenes he will be in.

People with bags on their head aren't very scary to me. Most of the time it seems more silly than threatening, but that's just me being in a clean cut environment.

I disagree. Its partly because I have the image of Jason from Friday the 13th Part 2 stuck in my head of him wearing the potato sack and 1 blue eye showing........really friggin' freaky for me.

I was thinking the same thing, actually. :oldrazz:

THIS is what Cobra Commander SHOULD have looked like

2698420738c8b47102feo.jpg

sideshowcobracommander.jpg

cobracommander1.jpg

If he had a hood the stuck to his face, and didn't movie around a lot, a la movie magic, and he has scary eyes, I would not be disappointed at all, despite my biased toward the mirror plate.

THIS is what Cobra Commander SHOULD have looked like

cobracommander1.jpg

Totally man, the costume have these realistic terrorist vibe to it, and it does that without looking silly, *cough* *cough* looking at the movie version costume *cough*.

Yet what they use, they claim is "realistic".....ugh.

That figure really shows why the design works. Simple, maybe, but effective.

The close up of those eyes under the hood is frightening.

I know, eh? I think it makes him look a thousand times more evil then a fishbowl or big blue monocle..That look I posted is exactly like how I would have done it. Shame...CC could have been one of the best onscreen villains..:csad:

That figure really shows why the design works. Simple, maybe, but effective.

Speaking of which, everyone in this film is wearing friggin' black! This leaves the general public (and myself, an actual Joe FAN) to scratch heads and ask..."Who are the bad guys?"

My personal preference would be for the face plate as it hides everything and creates a mystery as to who or what hides behind it (Man? Robot? Alien? Mutant? Disfigured individual? Etc.). Whenever you leave something open to any interpretation on the part of the audience, they tend to superimpose their own greatest fears upon the character and mold it to what they would like it to be; which I find to be an extremely effective tool to use.

Unfortunately, there seems to be, at least in Hollywood, an unwritten law that says that you must not hide the faces of your actors, other the emotions do not come through (Which I think is hogwash! A great actor can work with any handicap; even not having facial cues to send to the audience); so I fully expect the Blue Hood to be mostly used (Though I will keep hope that the face plate will make a couple of appearances)

My personal preference would be for the face plate as it hides everything and creates a mystery as to who or what hides behind it (Man? Robot? Alien? Mutant? Disfigured individual? Etc.). Whenever you leave something open to any interpretation on the part of the audience, they tend to superimpose their own greatest fears upon the character and mold it to what they would like it to be; which I find to be an extremely effective tool to use.

Unfortunately, there seems to be, at least in Hollywood, an unwritten law that says that you must not hide the faces of your actors, other the emotions do not come through (Which I think is hogwash! A great actor can work with any handicap; even not having facial cues to send to the audience); so I fully expect the Blue Hood to be mostly used (Though I will keep hope that the face plate will make a couple of appearances)

Worked for Darth Vader, I don't see why it wouldn't work again.

I admit, I am not schooled in G.I. Joe history, but isnt CC a human?

I admit, I am not schooled in G.I. Joe history, but isnt CC a human?

Depends on which project you are referring to; cartoon or comic.

He wasn't human in the cartoon, he was a human-snake/reptile hybrid.

cartoon=Snake man

Comics= a disenfranchised american who started his own terrorist faction.

(Friggin' AWESOME origin)

It's sad to look at those photos and know we won't see anything that cool in the movie because some fool convinced himself that it somehow resembled a KKK outfit. :csad:

cartoon=Snake man

Comics= a disenfranchised american who started his own terrorist faction.

(Friggin' AWESOME origin)

Which origin came 1st, the comic or cartoon? And,according to Joe fans, is there 1 that they subscribe to more then the other?

Which origin came 1st, the comic or cartoon? And,according to Joe fans, is there 1 that they subscribe to more then the other?

The comics came first in 1982, and I believe came out with their Cobra Commander origin first. The tv show deputed in 1985.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"