The Dark Knight Rises Who do you want for Robin?

Centurion

Civilian
Reaction score
i just saw a preview for a movie about knights or something and i saw Orlando Bloom.Now i don't know if i'm crazy but he looked like a good person to play Robin.what do you think?

Orlando Bloom is way to old for Robin. If Robin is going to be introduced he should just be Dick Grayson for whole movie and then in the next one become Robin. Even though he is playing 15 year old Clark Kent in Superman Returns I think that Stephan Bender would make a good Dick Grayson.

Yeah, Robin won't be in a batman movie for several years, if at all, so lets suggest a bunch of guys who are nearing 30 for the role!

Seriously, whoever should play robin is at this moment 10 years old or less.

Someone cute and boyish, but still with a dark side... Hmmm... Hayden Christensen anyone?

No Robin please in this new franchises I like Robin in comics and TAS when he's done right I don't want in Batmovies.

Heh... Frankie Muniz would've been a good Dick and Shia Lebouf would've been a good Tim, I think they're both too old for 'Robin Begins' (I say around part three or so...) Tyler Hoelchin as well, he'd have been AWESOME...

I think in a few years, Pacifier's Keegan Hoover will make a great origin story Dick Grayson... he already shows such promise... hahaha... Soren Fulton seems real young and has some interesting acting experience, including a LOT of advanced comedy and some voicing in JLU (Mordred) not too bad for a 12 year old... I'd run with him as a my-first-costume, 'Batman only lets me do recon and run errands' Robin...

GL1 said:
Heh... Frankie Muniz would've been a good Dick and Shia Lebouf would've been a good Tim
First Orlando Bloom, now Frankie Muniz????? Jeeeeez... :eek: NO!

cast_frankie.jpg
alfreden.gif

What's next? Haley Joel Osmend for JAMES BOND?

HaleyJoelOsment1.jpg

HelloYellow said:
Someone cute and boyish, but still with a dark side... Hmmm... Hayden Christensen anyone?

i like your thinking:)

How Bout We Never Have A Robin?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

HelloYellow said:
He's 24 years old. He'll be near 30 when the franchise gets around to a Robin. Do you think a 30 year old should play Robin???

Orlando Bloom is 28. That's even worse.

DOO BEE said:
How Bout We Never Have A Robin?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Wouldn't that be bliss?

I can't forsee Robin being in any of the new Batman films. If Robin is going to be on the big screen again, it will be in his own movie.

Payle Gray said:
I can't forsee Robin being in any of the new Batman films. If Robin is going to be on the big screen again, it will be in his own movie.

I agree. With the realism approach they are trying to take, Robin doesn't really make sense. I know that Bruce Wayne has to have a few loose wires to even consider being Batman, but allowing a child to be put in danger on a regular basis is just plain criminal. And I don't think Robin would look good in a rubber costume. The forever costume wasn't terrible, but it also didn't seem right for Robin. However, having a kid in a cloth costume while the adult gets armor would be hard to justify.

Doesn't anyone read comics anymore!? The original Robin was like 13 years old when 1st introduced in the comics. Bruce and Dick should be played as a father/son relationship like in the Road to Perdition not as the Ambiguously Gay Duo which is what it would be if you cast anyone older than 18.

I didn't know how old Hayden Christensen was, but I can see now that he'll probably look to mature for the role if he gets it... Or if it's even being done.

And IF it's getting done, I think it would be better if Robin was a teenager, or young adult instead of some 14-year old beating up bad guys like The Joker. Hmmm, who else could play Robin... *thinks*

Maybe if David Anders coloured his hair XD?

raybia said:
Doesn't anyone read comics anymore!? The original Robin was like 13 years old when 1st introduced in the comics. Bruce and Dick should be played as a father/son relationship like in the Road to Perdition not as the Ambiguously Gay Duo which is what it would be if you cast anyone older than 18.
That's not the problem. the problem is the realism;

1. In "REALITY" who would take a kid with him to kick thugs asses?

2. (the biggest problem) is the acrobatics the robin must do. Batman in begins has his limits, how the **** can a kid do **** like that?

Boss said:

2. (the biggest problem) is the acrobatics the robin must do. Batman in begins has his limits, how the **** can a kid do **** like that?

THat is the problem isn't? Maybe because of those factors and the whole realism angle that Nolan is taking we shouldn't have Robin in the franshise? I say keep him out, it won't work very well unless you change the character.

spdrknight said:
THat is the problem isn't? Maybe because of those factors and the whole realism angle that Nolan is taking we shouldn't have Robin in the franshise? I say keep him out, it won't work very well unless you change the character.
Maybe i wasnt clear enough :o..

i was agreeing with the perdition angle. not the gay duo grown up men thing, but i have to contra the good angle too!

HelloYellow said:
I didn't know how old Hayden Christensen was, but I can see now that he'll probably look to mature for the role if he gets it... Or if it's even being done.

And IF it's getting done, I think it would be better if Robin was a teenager, or young adult instead of some 14-year old beating up bad guys like The Joker. Hmmm, who else could play Robin... *thinks*

Maybe if David Anders coloured his hair XD?

Actually a 14 year old is a teenager and it depends on the 14 year old. I know one who is 5'8 170 pounds.

I for one don't think Robin would work in Nolan's Batman series. Even if Nolan does not return, WB will not change the "realism" theme if BB is a huge hit.

If WB insisted on having Robin in the series then I would introduce Dick Grayson in the third sequel but NOT have him appear as Robin. I would portray his character as heading in the same direction as Bruce did when he was first faced with tragedy. Bruce recognizing this, intervenes in the boy's life and trys to vent Dick's rage for vengence by offering him some limited training. This training would not be for the purpose of becoming Batman's partner or sidekick but of course due to circumstances that is what eventually happens...in the next installment. Their relationship is portrayed as Father and son and as a mentor. Perhaps when Dick is introduced, he unwittingly becomes involves in the bigger context of the movie (think Road of Perdition) where he gets the opportunity to show some of his potential (skills of deduction rather than physical skill) based on what Bruce has taught him to that point. By the end of the movie Dick trys to convince Bruce to train him hardcore for the purpose of becoming his partner. Bruce agrees to train him but only for use in a backup role. Each movie shows him progressing more and more (like in the Harry Potter movies) in his skills and becoming more of an asset to Batman. However not all should be hunky doery. The writer should also demostrate (at least at first) how much of a liability it is having a minor as a partner.

In the next movie. You introduce Dick as Robin and he being used for surveillence when Batman is on patrol, but is instructed to never engage the enemy (of course this doesn't last long, either out of necessity or immaturity or a combination of both)This movie should demostrate how far Dick has progressed in both his training and maturity level (Kind of like Luke from SW to Empire)

Boss said:

Just watch girls gymnatics on tv. Those are 13 - 17 girls doing some impressive acrobatics. Also go into any Martial arts dojo in America. There are kids out there who can kick are asres!

Boss said:
Maybe i wasnt clear enough :o..

i was agreeing with the perdition angle. not the gay duo grown up men thing, but i have to contra the good angle too!

Perdition would probably be the only was it would work, but I don't beleive we can see the relationship of Bats and Robin from the comic. Batman won't take a kid out to fight crime like Robin does in the comic, the acrobats and all. I can see Bats training and mentoring Robin in the background but not making him a partner and taking him into the field. The Father-Son relationship could be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"