Who Is The Better Banner?

antonydelfini

Strange Tales
Reaction score
Well there's a Hurt vs. Elliott, Tyler vs. Connelly.

Edward Norton wins this hands down. He's much more relatable, likeable, and he is more like the comic book version of Banner.Not to mention he has better and cooler Hulk outs. And Bana's Banner is irritating as hell, the audience just wants Hulk and no Banner. But in Norton's case, you actually enjoy watching Banner.

Well there's a Hurt vs. Elliott, Tyler vs. Connelly.

Edward Norton wins this hands down. He's much more relatable, likeable, and he is more like the comic book version of Banner.Not to mention he has better and cooler Hulk outs. And Bana's Banner is irritating as hell, the audience just wants Hulk and no Banner. But in Norton's case, you actually enjoy watching Banner.
Norton, hands down. Not even close.

of course, norton hands down. let's see, bana who played the whole movie one note & practically emotionless or norton who went through all kinds of emotion and was just fun to watch. i mean i can't blame bana 100% cause i'm sure he was told to act that way, but damn was he boring.

hey, everyone has their own opinion but i just can't see how anyone could pick, bana. snorefest.

This isn't even a competition. One has emotions; guess who.

The poll is not public, and you defeated the purpose of a poll by adding a "tie" option.

:csad: :down

Eric Bana was boring and monotone all the way through.

Edward Norton? Come on...sheer perfection. He captured a perfect balance of Banner from the comics and Banner from the tv show....all the way through.

My choice: Hahahaha!!

Kind of a toss-up. Bana had the better-written role to perform, and his Hulk outs were truly intense. Norton didn't really do much that was particularly engaging, but he also didn't have much of an oppurtunity. I prefered Bana, personally. I thought he really embodied the social awkwardness and emotional repression of the character.

It's interesting that both guys are big, muscular, leading men types. They're both over 6'0", and they're both good looking. And neither of them wore glasses.

Edward Norton by a country mile.

Bana is a fantastic actor, it's just that his Banner (must like the film that he was in) was less like the comic incarnation than Norton's is.

Bill Bixby of course....but I'll give the nod to Edward Norton....:bh:

This is a real tough choice.

Norton is probably the more relatable banner to the TV show. However his relationship with the hulk was wishy washy. He was trying to control it, destroy it, use it and now he likes it even when a cure was ultimately found (either permanent of short term), he really kinda ignored it. I wasn't convinced by his or the his hulks cures for betty and I also was never convinced he was ever really that angry during his transformations. I mean two were by self defense and the other three transformation were induced so....meh.

Bana's Banner was supposed to be emotionally surpressed until his hulk came out which was more of a manifestation of all his extreme emotions, especially freedom. Although he didn't like the hulk at first, the exhiliaration of the power and the freedom took a shine to him as he was truelly capable of expressing himself fully but he was aware of what a full expression would mean so he was more in line with wanting to control these emotions again rather than destroying the hulk. I take bana's of more of a realistic approach of what being the hulk would be like in today's modern world and i could see the grey hulk being an extension of this with his earthly desires coming more into play.

I know norton is probably going to win this but I would like people to take some of these views into consideration.

Plus banner continues to help people while being on the run in a nicer way with eric so....at least vote a tie

Norton.........but if you threw Bixby into the poll, i'd be inclined to vote differently.

Norton hands down, he gave a sense of realism to the role, much like Bill Bixby in the Tv series. The film captured the tv series n comic books perfectly and I really hope there's a sequel.

It's interesting that both guys are big, muscular, leading men types. They're both over 6'0", and they're both good looking. And neither of them wore glasses.
This is interesting to read because I didn't think of Norton that way at all. He sure comes off as a mousy, skinny scientist. Bana however still looks like a male model.

So if they start out as close as you claim, then Norton owned Bana.

This is interesting to read because I didn't think of Norton that way at all. He sure comes off as a mousy, skinny scientist.
So did Bana. That was my point. Based on some of their other roles (American History X, Troy), neither of these guys were really cast in the Bruce Banner, skinny-little-nerd mold, but it worked out.

Norton. I felt that Bana (due to the surpressed anger storyline) didn't really get to do much as Banner. Norton is more natural, and he shows more range in this movie than Bana did in Hulk. Norton is also an exceptional actor, and imo better than Bana overall.

Norton. Looks more like a puny human than Bana.

Edward Norton....the guy i thought they should've cast the first time around

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"