Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by The Overlord, Dec 3, 2011.

?

Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel?

1. Ultron

2. Kang the Conqueror

3. The Masters of Evil

4. Thanos

5. Count Nefaria

6. Korvac

7. Graviton

8. Grim Reaper

9. Grandmaster

10. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

Can we wait like fifteen years before rebooting something that doesn't even need a reboot in the first place?

2. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Im confused. Who thinks it should be rebooted?

I don't know what the hell is going on, all i think is that Thanos will be around for phase 3, and phase 3 will result in his conclusion. and the phase 4 and so on happens. No reboots necessary

3. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

Phase III will be their sendoff. Here's how I'd love to see Phase III:

Captain America 3 (2016)
    Thor 3 (2016)
    The Incredible Hulk (2017)
    Avengers 3 (2018)
    Black Panther (2018)

4. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

That's a long ass wait for BP. Hell, Namor needs to come out in like 2014 or something.

5. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

hm... I understand the sentiment. But if Marvel were to release Namor in 2014 don't you think we'd know about it by now?

6. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Maybe they'll never reboot. Maybe they'll go through the entire roster, and the comics will update with them.

7. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

Really? He's always been fairly unknown. Some characters click with the masses, and some don't. I'd watch it at least one time.

8. jaqua99

all the phase 2 movies have been announced. No Namor.

Namor and Black Panther are two characters I couldn't give a single **** about to be flat out honest.

9. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

They'll lose money from the likes of Ant-Man and...Namor? lol...wow.

Chiwetel Ejiofor would make the perfect Black Panther for sure though.

[​IMG]

10. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I'm down for Ant-Man Black Panther AND Namor. I'll give them plenty of my money for those movies.

But there are plenty of Avengers I don't need to see. Namely any X-Men characters. Even Spider-Man I could live w/o but I'd love to see a nod, cameo or easter egg. Even fewer Avengers do I need to see with solo films. Falcon, Vision, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Wasp (obvious?) to name a few.

11. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

I agree, he has to come out as soon as possible. All this fake 'I like women! look how flirty I can get with Sue Storm' stuff is getting real old.

12. Christopher_M

Christopher_M League of Shadows

beyond shocked NAMOR isn't on the villain poll... I mean he was their next big threat after Loki in the original comics.. plus they've hinted to him with a couple of Easter Eggs already..wouldn't be hard to see him being influence by Thanos to takeout the Avengers...considering, Whedon has mentioned this being a smaller threat film...this could mean an Earth-based threat is going to be happening either Namor or Masters of Evil fit that bill to a degree..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  13. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Never really considered Namor an Avengers villain but that actually makes perfect sense. Get him on screen without spending a tooooooon of money on a movie that may not earn it back, start him off as a villain and let him become more of an anti-hero later like in the comics, give the Avengers a big Earth-based global threat.

But Whedon never mentioned a film with a smaller threat.

14. jaqua99

i don't know why, but my gut is telling me we are going to be seeng Ultron soon. My gut rarely lies to me lol

15. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Namor is one of those characters I love but enjoy seeing him get the snot kicked out of him. Marvel has courageously kept him a gigantic *****ebag over the years, never softening his abrasive personality. When we were kids my siblings and I used to call him Impervious Wretch because he's just a huge ball of angst and attitude. (Stan Lee used that phrase in Not Brand Ecch!) He is exactly the sort of arrogant assclown with legitimately sympathetic disputes with humanity who would make the perfect villain.

Playing up the surface world's wanton pollution of the seas as Namor's reason for invading would make him a very sympathetic figure to the audience. He might rise up and trash the Eastern Seaboard, but can you blame the guy when his people are being poisoned by our filth? The legitimacy of his war would leave the door open for his eventual rehabilitation as a reluctant antihero. Namor could be even more popular than Loki if they cast a charismatic actor who can carry heavy dramatic scenes while looking hot in a Speedo. :cwink:

16. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

When he was younger, Billy Zane would've been great as Namor. Think of his personality from Titanic. He also had the look and physique.

17. Juicy J

Juicy J Well-Known Member

Namor is hands down the main character I want to see Marvel tackle next (along with Black Panther), yet having an undersea character is going to be extremely problematic.
    How will they show the character walking around and talking to other Atlanteans underwater without it looking ridiculous? Will surface-dwellers like Cap and Thor come down to Atlantis, and if so how will they deal with that?
    It'll take a lot of thinking on Marvel's part, but I'm sure they can handle it.

18. xeno000

David Boreanaz's name came up often back when Namor's rights were owned by another studio. Boreanaz would have been a good choice, but not so much now that a few years have passed. It's too bad that Michael Phelps can't act because he would be perfect. :word:

19. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Should he look ambiguously asian/latino as they draw him in the books, or just a straight white guy?

20. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

How the hell have none of us come up with Namor as the villain before? SMH guys, that's a perfect choice haha.

21. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

I'd rather see Namor as the villain in a Fantastic Four reboot, and the Fantastic Four have to stop an Atlantean invasion of the surface world.

22. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I think Namor is pretty far down Marvels list.

I think Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Luke Cage and maybe even characters like Iron Fist or Ms Marvel are probably higher up Marvel's development list than Namor.

I'm all for a Namor movie or an Invaders movie with Namor in it although I wouldn't say he is top of my list of characters I would like to see get a movie before some of the others I've mentioned.

23. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I wouldn't class Namor as a villian...

24. Hush

Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

I don't think of Namor as as villain to the Avengers but rather a reluctant ally. He does how ever seem a better Fangastic Four Villain.

25. xeno000

He should look like the best actor for the role looks, regardless of race or ethnicity. Atlanteans are blue, for cripes sake.

Well, you won't see Namor in an FF movie because Marvel owns the rights. And no, they're not giving him to Fox to screw over.

Namor has behaved in more or less villainous manner multiple times in his 74 year career. He is more of a misunderstood antihero who attacks the surface world out of a desire to protect the seas and his own people. From his point of view his actions are justified. However, humanity views him as a menace, quite understandably. (Namor's recent destruction of Wakanda put him and his little mutant friends clearly in the villainous column, however.)

Namor's sympathetic motivations are why I said he can be even more popular and interesting than Loki. Once he comes to terms with the heroes who are forced to fight his army, he can easily do a turn and become their grudging ally. If the writers decide to work in Namor's World War II service by way of his connection to Captain America, that may give him an impetus to join the Avengers, or just not fight them.