Sequels Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

^So a white guy.

^So a white guy.

How does "He should look like the best actor for the role looks, regardless of race or ethnicity. Atlanteans are blue, for cripes sake," translate to "So a white guy"?

Namor will be an interesting role to cast because of the physical requirements of the part. When and if Marvel looks for an actor to fill his trunks, they are probably going to cast a pretty wide net in order to find someone who is in the right condition (or can get there) and is capable of handling the dramatic aspects of Namor's story. There is no telling who they will end up choosing at this point. It will probably be someone relatively unknown, if the past is any guide. And since Atlanteans are a fictional race, they have a wide latitude in their selection. That is what I meant.

I say no Namor. I don't like the idea of the heroes with their briefs on. You can't tell me that looks masculine and threatening.

Yeah, because briefs are all Namor ever wears and muscular men are never manly.

736784-namor3_super.jpg
NAMOR1cover-CMYKcrop.jpg

I'd say he's more of an anti-villain and a loveable a-hole :o

He started off as a villain :o

Eventually every popular villain becomes an anti-hero at Marvel

Future Foundation. Iron Patriot. Not very popular. Not popular at all.

An anti-hero would be someone who doesn't do things in a conventional hero way but still has good intentions. Someone like the Punisher, early Venom, Blade, or Ghostrider. Norman Osborn never had good intentions as Iron Patriot so he doesn't count. Not sure about Doom and FF.

An anti-hero would be someone who doesn't do things in a conventional hero way but still has good intentions. Someone like the Punisher, early Venom, Blade, or Ghostrider. Norman Osborn never had good intentions as Iron Patriot so he doesn't count. Not sure about Doom and FF.
Yeah, I don't think anyone ever thought of IP as an anti-hero--more like an anti-villain or villain-posing-as-hero type the way Mysterio did when he started out. As for the Future Foundation storyline, isn't it nearly the same thing? Doom acts nice in order to reach the ultimate goal of regaining his intellect and defeating Mr. Fantastic. I don't think you could call that being an anti-hero. The better argument would be to liken him to Magneto, in that both are looking to achieve world peace and order, but through questionable/down-right villainous means.

As for Red Skull, I'd argue that anyone who knows who Namor is would know who the Red Skull is. I mentioned Mandarin as he is Iron Man's nemesis, and anyone familiar with Iron Man comics would immediately think of him in terms of Iron Man villains.

Last edited:
Either straight up Thanos or Masters of Evil with Thanos as the master planner if they don't want to completely use Thanos before the third film.

Since the Guardians are featuring heavily in Phase II, it seems a bit of a missed opportunity not to have some version of the Korvac saga. Of course, it was the original Guardians who teamed up with the Avengers to battle him, but the modern Guardians were featured when A:EMH touched on the Korvac character.

YES. I think that phase 2 very well may be following the Korvac Saga, only Thanos is taking Korvac's place....or maybe Korvac WILL show up

If they go to a third movie, I’m actually hoping they go a Masters of Evil route. Avengers 2 will likely deal with Thanos’ invasion of Earth where he tries to take over the world with a cube.

I'm sure the IG will show up at somepoint. The first part of Thanos they showed was his right hand. The infinity gauntlet has been revealed three times now, at this point, it'd be beyond shocking if they don't use it. Whether it be phase 2, or phase 3. The climax of Thanos will probably involve the infinity gauntler

I'm not so sure the Infinity Gauntlet storyline can be pulled off due to all the crossover.

I'm not so sure the Infinity Gauntlet storyline can be pulled off due to all the crossover.
They'd have to do a version without any of the Fox- or Sony-owned characters, which sadly means no Silver Surfer. If they do indeed do Infinity Gauntlet, they'll need to introduce many more heroes (non-Avengers) first in order to make the scope that much more expansive. While they've started doing so with GOTG, Phase 3 seems to be a prime time to do that, as we already know Doctor Strange will be introduced then.

spideymouse said:
They'd have to do a version without any of the Fox- or Sony-owned characters, which sadly means no Silver Surfer. If they do indeed do Infinity Gauntlet, they'll need to introduce many more heroes (non-Avengers) first in order to make the scope that much more expansive. While they've started doing so with GOTG, Phase 3 seems to be a prime time to do that, as we already know Doctor Strange will be introduced then.

A Fox/Sony collaboration would be interesting.

it wouldn't be exactly based off the arc. It would probably be an MCU version of it. Thanos tries to destroy the universe, the guardians and the avengers try to stop him.

instead of the whole MU

Yeah, it would be a more contained version of it, but also deeper. That said, I don't think we've seen the last of The Cube storyline. Thanos still hasn't got his hands on it yet.

Yeah, I think the after credits scene in Thor will have something to do with either the Cube or the Infinity Gauntlet being taken from Asgard somehow and setting up another plot element in GotG.

After Thor returns Loki to Asgard, Earth is left with a lot of cleaning up to do. New technologies arise and with them new evils. Iron Man confronts The Mandarin and many other foes. Thor would assist if only he weren't busy taking on Malekith and Kurse in the the Dark World. Captain America is also busy adjusting to the new world which is hard when adversaries from his past keep popping up, namely the Winter Soldier.

All the while, the universe is expanding. Janet Van Dyne confronts Stark about the well being of her colleague Henry Pym. Stark Industries is a major competitor in the fields of artificial intelligence and miniaturization, fields which Pym specializes in. Pym finds himself in over his head working for Advanced Idea Mechanics, run by the mysterious Arnim Zola.

Beyond the trials of Earth, a man by the name of Peter Quill and an unlikely band of heroes confront an interstellar danger, The Magus and his Universal Church of Truth. Whose faith threatens to destroy the fabric of the universe. When the threat proves too great, they must call upon the assistance of a Mad Titan. Sealing the fate of their inevitable doom.

On Earth, through a miscalculation and an unstable power source, an overwhelming evil is unleashed indirectly by Henry Pym's own hand. Together with Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and The Hulk he must assist in the defeat of his own creation, the machine known as Ultron, which has been reprogrammed to destroy The Avengers.

Soon after, he becomes Ant-Man, a hero. Though he is troubled and wracked with guilt over his failed creation. Through a series of identity crises and dangerous experiments taking him to the worlds beneath our feet, Ant-Man becomes a superhero.

After Ultron's defeat, the glowing red power source used in it's creation catches the eye of a cosmic presence...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"