Who should play Ms. Marvel if she gets her own film?

Somebody really thinks Yvonne Strahovski should play Ms. Marvel.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD0F9162JDA&feature=youtu.be[/YT]
Fixed.
[YT]JD0F9162JDA&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

I wish they had went with another outfit it takes me out of it to much to see those trampy stilettos. erm...

Last edited:
They would really need to go more armor/military instead of most of the images we see here...too much spandex and if she works for SHIELD or the military then it can't be ultra colorful. (heck, even Cap is going less colors in his next film)

I agree spandex, or any bodysuit isn't the best move at this point. A light armor, like the ones in Pacific Rim, but with the design mimicking the modern adaptations of Mar-Vell, like in EMH and Ultimates, that would be best, in terms of faithfulness, freshness and originality.

MovieReviewPacificRim26_zps6e0ade11.jpg

2866813740413275.jpg

241694-148661-captain-marvel.jpg

AEMHTVR115avi_snapshot_1023_255B20110115_143203255D.jpg

Ms_Marvel0003.jpg

Katee Sackhoff is a solid choice, the more I think about it. I still would have liked an Elizabeth Banks headlinging a big movie, but Katee's not bad, by any means.

DUDE!!

DAT FANMADE TRAILER KICKED BUTT! I loved it! I really didn't care too much for Yvonne S. before, but if they went for her, I'd dig it.

But that trailer is absolutely impressive LOL!

Fixed.
[YT]JD0F9162JDA&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

I wish they had went with another outfit it takes me out of it to much to see those trampy stilettos. erm...

I really liked that trailer.

I agree spandex, or any bodysuit isn't the best move at this point. A light armor, like the ones in Pacific Rim, but with the design mimicking the modern adaptations of Mar-Vell, like in EMH and Ultimates, that would be best, in terms of faithfulness, freshness and originality.

MovieReviewPacificRim26_zps6e0ade11.jpg

2866813740413275.jpg

241694-148661-captain-marvel.jpg

AEMHTVR115avi_snapshot_1023_255B20110115_143203255D.jpg

Ms_Marvel0003.jpg

Katee Sackhoff is a solid choice, the more I think about it. I still would have liked an Elizabeth Banks headlining a big movie, but Katee's not bad, by any means.
Agreed. She needs a more armor like uniform to differentiate from BW and make her look more intergalactic. And Katee is perfect IMO. Her and Yvonne are my top choices.

"I think"/"I have heard" isn't confirmation. It's still just rumor at this point. At most, it's confirmation that it's being considered, something we already knew. It's nice to hear again though, that's for sure.

Agreed. She needs a more armor like uniform to differentiate from BW and make her look more intergalactic. And Katee is perfect IMO. Her and Yvonne are my top choices.

It does, nothing says alien like some organic armor. That helps tell a unique story. I might feel differently about Katee if I had actually seen much BSG, but what I have seen, I do appreciate. I definitely don't expect to be 'disappointed' at all.

I've decided I want Sandra Bullock as Carol Danvers... On a related note, I reeeeeeeeally wanna see Gravity.

That's an interesting choice. Would you want her to go blonde? She's definitely a big enough name to draw crowds and she would do well with joss's humour

Isn't Sandra a bit old to play Carol? I know an older Ms. Marvel could work, but I don't know if it would be ideal.

Also, I'd take that "confirmation" from Natalie as something at least fairly seriously. It's not like she's some "mystery inside source" that journalists like to cite. She is actually working closely with the Marvel people. Female and non-white title characters, huh? Sounds like Ms. Marvel and Black Panther will finally be gracing the big screen in Phase 3. Or Blade but I kinda doubt that.

After watching that trailer I certainly don't want Yvonne playing Ms Marvel. She can't act!

Isn't Sandra a bit old to play Carol? I know an older Ms. Marvel could work, but I don't know if it would be ideal.

Also, I'd take that "confirmation" from Natalie as something at least fairly seriously. It's not like she's some "mystery inside source" that journalists like to cite. She is actually working closely with the Marvel people. Female and non-white title characters, huh? Sounds like Ms. Marvel and Black Panther will finally be gracing the big screen in Phase 3. Or Blade but I kinda doubt that.

How old do you think ms marvel should be? I've never really thought of her as an early twenties sort of character

I wouldn't mind Sandra as Carol at all! Not to mention she is one of the only women to ever really be able to open a film by herself with no man's help. We would be so lucky to get her. And have people seen her lately? She has a better body than most girls twenty years her junior.

Sandra would be in her mid-50s by the time Ms. Marvel debuted. I've got nothing against an older Carol Danvers, in her late 30s or early 40s, but 55-ish is definitely pushing it.

i'd burn all of my Ms.Marvel comics if Sandra Bullock got the role.

I love Sandra, but I agree that she'd too old. A Carol who's in her 30's or 40's is perfectly fine by me. But mid-50's is pushing it. As for Natalie's comments, her statement echoes some other things that we've heard. I think that its perfectly possible that CM is one of the movies that Marvel is seriously considering.

The major problem with Sandra is money. I don't think marvel will want to spend the big dollars for her.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem if Sandra were cast in this role. She's not what I picture at all, but I like her as an actress, America loves her, she'd bring credibility/experience to a character who's supposed to already have a great deal of both when we meet her, and it would give this movie a better shot at box office success. But realistically, she is gonna be a little too old by the time they get around to this, and I have a feeling no one knows that better than her, so I seriously doubt she'd be interested.

If we're talking A-listers, Charlize remains both the best and most realistic option all the way, imo.

I really like Yvonne, but her recent roles make me question her acting abilities, her performance in Dexter was mediocre. I think they would think out the box and cast someone completely different like, idk, Evangeline Lilly. Abbie Cornish is also interesting, I would love to see her joining Marvel universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"