Age of Ultron Who should play Thanos?

eddy

Make Mine Marvel
Reaction score
I'm rewatching Angel season 4 and I think Vladmir Kulich would make a pretty good Thanos. He's tall and has a very menacing presence.

Doesn't really matter, since Thanos probably won't have a major role. :p

Sure it matters! lol regardless of how big the role is, said actor WILL have a big role..eventually

Del Toro should be Thanos. It will be a shame if he isn't.

And please, nobody tell me what a major character The Collector is. You might be able to sell that horse**** to somebody else, but I ain't buying.

^ I'm with ya there. I don't consider graviton a serious character either

Sure it matters! lol regardless of how big the role is, said actor WILL have a big role..eventually

Exactly.
People tend to forget that Thanos already had a major role in TA1, even though we only *saw* him for a brief second at the end, and he was never mentioned by name. But in terms of a *role,* he was the primary catalyst, in offering Loki his mercenary army in exchange for the Tesseract. (At least, ostensibly. I'm still positive Thanos was just manipulating Loki to move his "chess pieces" into place in Asgard for Thor: The Dark World.)

My own vote would go to The Hellboy himself, Ron Perlman. Others may disagree, but Thanos is likely to be cgi/motion capture. The age of the actor or his pure physical presence won't be of as much importance as his facial and vocal presence. I think the cold and low tones Perlman did in his part for AFRO SAMURAI would fit the death courting mad titan very well.

Hellboy for the win!

If you've never seen AFRO SAMURAI, check out the last episode of the first series. There's kind of a faux twang thing going on with his performance, but it's not quite as cold as his SLADE from TEEN TITANS either. Take that movie style cowboy tone out of the equation and alot of his monologue in that episode could have come right out of a Jim Starlin comic said by Thanos.

Of course he shouldn't be CGI.
Thanos should be Claymation, entirely.

PHnKqFdxzbSzro_1_m.jpg

If they go this route, then he does not need to be CGI. Prosthetics/makeup and various techniques to make him larger (a la LOTR) are all thats needed.

Thanos should definitely be an actor. And of course, I think we can all assume it is Benecio Del Toro.

Is the Del Toro thing just because of the GOTG rumor? I just don't see it myself. If he were the COLLECTOR or THE GRANDMASTER I wouldn't bat an eye. But The Mad Titan? Eh.... No.

CGI? Bah! CLAYMATION? Fie! It's SuperMarianation or nuttin'! THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!

Is the Del Toro thing just because of the GOTG rumor? I just don't see it myself. If he were the COLLECTOR or THE GRANDMASTER I wouldn't bat an eye. But The Mad Titan? Eh.... No.

Lee Pace is already rumored to be the Collector. Del Toro is the one who has the multi-picture deal.

I'm still hoping Del Toro is Thanos, and that the Collector rumor is false. That said I do think BDT would be a great Collector.

I just don't hear Thanos in my head when I listen to Del Toro. Ron Perlman, or Andre Braugher though? Yes.

I just don't hear Thanos in my head when I listen to Del Toro. Ron Perlman, or Andre Braugher though? Yes.

Too predictable. I don't want Thanos to be a Saturday morning cartoon villain with a booming "MWAHAHAHA, FOOLISH MORTALS" vibe. That would be sheer camp. Del Toro, on the other hand, can bring the quiet, pent-up menace of Marlon Brando to the Mad Titan. I could easily see BDT drawing on Col. Kurtz from Apocalypse Now for the role.

I think Perlman and Andre both can do calm menace quite well. To each his own. But don't fool yourself. By the characters nature there is going to be a lot of monologuing. (check the spelling on that, jeez I'm stupid.) I just want to hear a Thanos that is chilling and understandable. Is there a performance of Del Toro's you think I should see that might change my mind?

Andre Braugher would be the **** as Thanos. Very menacing, like a slow boil.

I was always thinking of him for Geoffrey Wilder for a Runaways TV Show/Movie (him and Chi McBride)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"