Age of Ultron Who should play Thanos?

If they go CGI, how about we get the legend himself James Earl Jones to voice him? Or they can go the FF2 road where they have an actor do the CGI and dub him over

Vin-diesel explains he wants be in a Marvel movie so maybe he's provided his voice for thanos.

Idris Elba, Michael Fassbender, or Benedict Cumberbatch.

Will he not simply look like this again with a different voice actor perhaps?

thanos-reportedly-confirmed-for-avengers-2-and-guardians-of-the-galaxy.jpg

Will he not simply look like this again with a different voice actor perhaps?

thanos-reportedly-confirmed-for-avengers-2-and-guardians-of-the-galaxy.jpg

Doubtful. Yeah, the look will likely be the same, but a different actor. That's Damion Poitier; and in interviews post-Avengers, he's obviously expressed interest in reprising the "role," but even he admits it was most likely just a placeholder appearance, and that a bigger star will put on the costume and prosthetics.

Jack Palance, is he still alive even? Wrinkled old fart would make for quite the Thanos

I suspect the design will be changed somewhat going forward. The makeup doesnt have to look exactly like it did in TA.

I wonder how much the design will change? it seems like they got him pretty down pat there.

Thanos.jpg

Jack Palance, is he still alive even? Wrinkled old fart would make for quite the Thanos

Thirty, even twenty-five years ago, Jack Palance would have been THE choice for Thanos. No lie, he would've been the ULTIMATE Mad Titan.

Tony Todd.

I liked his voice for The Fallen in ROTF. Probably the best part about that whole movie.

Vin Diesal is 5'10, there is no way I want him to be Thanos.

We need a big dude like Ron Perlman or that other black dude with plucked eyebrows that they were considering casting.

We need a big dude like Ron Perlman or that other black dude with plucked eyebrows that they were considering casting.

The Mad Titan is going to be CGI'd out da yin yang! Size matters not! (Unless you're a guy dating a girl who... ) :word:

I can see Pearlman in a few Marvel parts.
Thanos and Surtur both come to mind.

Vin Diesel definitelly had the right voice for Thanos, if they don't go with him though they should get Vin Diesel for Vision or another character where what matter is to look threatening and have a deep voice

Height is the least of the worries in casting Thanos. The actor needs a big (not necessarily tall) physique, and a menacing and commanding presence. CGI, prosthetics, camera angles and the costume with big-ass shoulder pads takes care of the rest.

Do you guys not even care about Diesel's inability to change the way he speaks? He sounds like he's from New York to varying degrees in all his roles.

Do you guys not even care about Diesel's inability to change the way he speaks? He sounds like he's from New York to varying degrees in all his roles.
I don't even know what you mean by that

A New York accent is the least of my worries. Thanos is an alien god. Having a Brooklyn accent is just as "credible" as having some mincing British accent, or Big Black Dude accent, or any of the others that I've heard proposed among fancasting threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"