Age of Ultron Who should play Thanos?

When I think of Thanos I think of all the pseudo philosophical musings he would have with who ever he was facing in a given story, especially the ones written by Starlin. So I am biased in wanting a voice that might me a little more mellow yet strong. Andre was great on the old HOMICIDE:LIFE ON THE STREET. Pebelton was always waxing philosophic on that show. If it is BDT I am sure they have their reasons, but I would need to see some BTS footage or a make up test or see some preview stuff before I would be on board without qualms.

I always imagined an intelligent aristocratic voice, perhaps with an accent, that sounds big and deep, due to the size of him, a bit grumbly. I think Thanos should NnkOT sound like a monster, norr should he sound "evil" like the other, did in avengers. I think he should sound big, and smart

I don't think Perlman or Braugher have inherently "evil" voices. Powerful and impressive voices, yes. By the way, added bonus to getting Perlman? Maybe he gets GDT to helm a MARVEL film. He and Whedon working together? Myyyyy Goooood!

I don't think Perlman or Braugher have inherently "evil" voices. Powerful and impressive voices, yes. By the way, added bonus to getting Perlman? Maybe he gets GDT to helm a MARVEL film. He and Whedon working together? Myyyyy Goooood!

Marvel had a shot at working with GDT. They seem to have snubbed him.

He turned in a script (several, in fact) for a Hulk TV show that he and Marvel had been developing for a couple of years. Marvel never got back to him on it, and that was, what, a year ago?

Just saying, you never know. GDT, aparrt from the more Vertigoesqe characters seems more like a better fit with MARVEL heroes. Didn't mean to derail the thread. Just adding a bonus to getting Perlman. (Hmm... A GDT HULK film sweeten the pot for anybody?)

I'll be honest, I'm probably the select minority, but why doesn't anyone else but me hate the idea of Perlman as Thanos?

I don't necessarily hate it but I can't really see it either.

My two top choices are either Del Toro or Javier Bardem

Thanos, del Titano Loco! (I am a pureto rican from Brooklyn NYC btw) See, Bardem I could get on board with. SKYFALL makes me see it. Perlman/Braugher are still my top picks, but Javier just became my saftey.

Just saying, you never know. GDT, aparrt from the more Vertigoesqe characters seems more like a better fit with MARVEL heroes. Didn't mean to derail the thread. Just adding a bonus to getting Perlman. (Hmm... A GDT HULK film sweeten the pot for anybody?)

A GDT Hulk film would be outstanding. I'm hoping that's the reason there's been silence on the Hulk TV show for now; I'd hate to think that GDT went out of his way to present a prospectus for that only to have the studio say, "Yeah.....no thanks."

Maybe at ComicCon they'll announce GDT to direct TIH2 for release in 2016/17.

Oh and when I read comics with Thanos, I always imagine him as sounding like Denzel Washington. Particularly his role in Man on Fire, for the calm the character shows with the rage boiling underneath the surface, and when he unleashes his fury you know he's a force not to be taken lightly.

Last edited:
Yeah, Thanos is a very slow burn kinda guy. So his voice should mirror that. Most of the time he has a calm and calculating way about him. He is always (or would like to think) in control of the situation. Even when things go pear shaped he keeps his cool. It's when it looks like things are totally unsalvageable that he should start getting all aggressive and angry.

It might sound crazy, but I kinda want Vin Diesel to be in consideration for Thanos. He's got the size, and his voice could be awesome for it. Supposedly, Marvel is talking to him about some major role... maybe this is it?

It might sound crazy, but I kinda want Vin Diesel to be in consideration for Thanos. He's got the size, and his voice could be awesome for it. Supposedly, Marvel is talking to him about some major role... maybe this is it?

Maybe I am just easily swayed, but I like the idea of Vin for this kind of role. I want him for J'onn in a JL movie too, but he really could deliver with Thanos, I think. Deep voice, but with a calmness, a "Coolness" if you will. Could work out great.

Maybe I am just easily swayed, but I like the idea of Vin for this kind of role. I want him for J'onn in a JL movie too, but he really could deliver with Thanos, I think. Deep voice, but with a calmness, a "Coolness" if you will. Could work out great.

God no. I strongly disagree. He doesn't have the "chops" to pull of someone like Thanos. I feel like he won't play Thanos, he will play HIS version of Thanos....I think he would bring a "Vin Diesel" feel to Thanos, that's not what I want to see. I want the actor to hopefully look through the comics, and try to embody it.

I do think Vin has a role for him in the MCU, but Thanos isn't it

God no. I strongly disagree. He doesn't have the "chops" to pull of someone like Thanos. I feel like he won't play Thanos, he will play HIS version of Thanos....I think he would bring a "Vin Diesel" feel to Thanos, that's not what I want to see. I want the actor to hopefully look through the comics, and try to embody it.

I do think Vin has a role for him in the MCU, but Thanos isn't it

No offense but every actor is going to bring "their" version of the character. I understand the objections that one would have to his casting. It's easy to assume he would be the guy he is in the FAST ANS FURIOUS just purple and in space. I just don't think that's in the realm of being very probable. I also give him credit for a wider range as a performer. I could be dead wrong, but I think he brings more positives than negatives. Of course my top pick is still Ron Perlman. It goes Perlman>Braugher>Bardem>Diesel.

No offense but every actor is going to bring "their" version of the character. I understand the objections that one would have to his casting. It's easy to assume he would be the guy he is in the FAST ANS FURIOUS just purple and in space. I just don't think that's in the realm of being very probable. I also give him credit for a wider range as a performer. I could be dead wrong, but I think he brings more positives than negatives. Of course my top pick is still Ron Perlman. It goes Perlman>Braugher>Bardem>Diesel.

I disagree, certain actors can act different roles, while other actors have similar roles they always play, giving them an image. If Vin Diesel plays Thanos, it will be like, a Vin Diesel Thanos. There are plenty of actors who could pull of Thanos without being themselves, it's hard to put what I am trying to say into text.

I don't like Perlman for Thanos, I feel like he's a top choice cause of his chin, but I just don't think he can pull it off. Andre Braugher, that I think would be a great choice.

Thanos is my favorite character in Marvel btw, him and thor tied, so I am going to be very, VERY nitpicky about his casting. I want it perfect

Marvel had a shot at working with GDT. They seem to have snubbed him.

He turned in a script (several, in fact) for a Hulk TV show that he and Marvel had been developing for a couple of years. Marvel never got back to him on it, and that was, what, a year ago?

delToro passed on the first FF movie - that's something I would have liked to have seen...!

He would be a good match for Dr. Strange.

Can bring in whoever and there's no law that says they can't do a voice over if said actors voice is not what they need...SO, I'll go out on the limb for giggles; Bring in the TERMINATOR--Arnold,lol!! or Tom Hardy.
I'll think they'll use a combination of CGI and prosthetics so there can probably be some leeway on the actors build.

With Diesel, it would at least be interesting to see Thanos in a wife-beater.

Andre Braugher sucked as Darkseid in Batman/Superman: Apocolypse so I am iffy on the idea of him being Thanos.

delToro passed on the first FF movie - that's something I would have liked to have seen...!

He would be a good match for Dr. Strange.

Absofrackinlutely. I'd love to see GDT helm Dr. Strange. He'd give it the right dose of Lovecraftian horror the movie deserves.

As for Vin: as much as I'm reluctant to accept the idea, the blogosphere is positively orgasmic about it. Even the more mainstream blogs, like Huffington and EW, have pretty much "crowned" Vin as Thanos right now.

noooo.gif

I'm sorry but Vin is a god awful speaker. We need somebody with a piercing tongue, not a sleepy one.

I don't like Perlman for Thanos, I feel like he's a top choice cause of his chin, but I just don't think he can pull it off. Andre Braugher, that I think would be a great choice.

Thanos is my favorite character in Marvel btw, him and thor tied, so I am going to be very, VERY nitpicky about his casting. I want it perfect

He's mine too.

Last edited:
Perlman would be good, no doubt. I guess my thought with Diesel is that he has the deep voice and the size to pull off an imposing Thanos. Although, yeah, I'm not sure he has the range. Though I've never found Thanos to be particularly smart; he's just so powerful that no one dares challenge him. But he's definitely batsh** crazy, and whoever plays the role has to be able to display that. Not sure if Vin can.

But if it keeps him from making more Riddick movies, then I hope it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"