Who will be Strange? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so too. I thought once negotiations started Marvel would get him or move on quickly but maybe his scheduling is super-complicated or maybe he doesn't want to/can't commit to 58 more films & cameos after the film. Someone like that would really allow Whedon to go to town on his banter between team members (that is if Whedon is still around :csad:).

If Benedict Cumberbatch is still in the frame, we may find out a little more soon. He'll likely be doing publicity for The Intimidation Game soon (that hasn't came out in the US yet, has it?), and someone is sure to ask him a Doctor Strange question at some point.

I have a feeling it's done but they won't announce it officially for awhile, sort of like Momoa as Aquaman

Who will be strange? The person who shows up to the premiere of this movie in a Star Trek outfit. :o

This site should be ashamed to have posted that Cumberbatch was officially cast.

Still hoping we get something better than this fancasting.

This site should be ashamed to have posted that Cumberbatch was officially cast.

Still hoping we get something better than this fancasting.
you can't go better than Cumberbatch

Call it women's intuition, but Reeves is hiding something. When asked about the role in a recent Collider interview, he was unsurprised and disingenuous. Marvel has approached him, he is in talks, whatever you want to call it. There may be other people in talks, as well, but they have definitely been in touch with Reeves. Reading between the lines, he is reluctant to sign one of these long contracts.

Of course I am thrilled at the thought of him getting the part, he may very well not get it, but at least he is being considered.

Have you not pieced it together? LL Cool J is playing Strange.

Call it women's intuition, but Reeves is hiding something. When asked about the role in a recent Collider interview, he was unsurprised and disingenuous.

Are you talking about Keanu?
unsurprised and disingenous are on par with his limited expression gamut.

I really hope he has nothing to do with this or any other Marvel project.
The guy is a terrible, terrible actor.
I'd rather see a rusty nail play Dr Strange.

Are you talking about Keanu?

I really hope he has nothing to do with this or any other Marvel project.
I'd rather see a rusty nail play Dr Strange.

LOL. We will see. You don't remain a movie star for 30 years without something to back it up.

Ah, I feel the ol' 'movie star vs actor' debate coming on........

Nah, no debate.
She's entitled to like him.

Nobody said that she couldnt. The issue thats been raised is Keanu's range as a thespian. How is that not up for debate?

Call it women's intuition, but Reeves is hiding something. When asked about the role in a recent Collider interview, he was unsurprised and disingenuous. Marvel has approached him, he is in talks, whatever you want to call it. There may be other people in talks, as well, but they have definitely been in touch with Reeves. Reading between the lines, he is reluctant to sign one of these long contracts.

Of course I am thrilled at the thought of him getting the part, he may very well not get it, but at least he is being considered.

:up:

Keanu Reeves should star far far away from a Marvel project.

I want whoever it is to sign one of those long Marvel contracts as I'm hoping for Strange to be making a lot of future appearances. Hopefully he can teach Scarlet Witch a few tricks too. I've actually liked most of the people fancast or linked with this role.. Cumberbatch, Phoenix, Reeves, even Cruise! Jake Gyllenhaal maybe a bit young looking as I want them go for veteran Strange in modern day. Jake could be a great young Strange.

If Cumberbatch does end up being cast as Doctor Strange, given some of the current early predictions, we could be in a position where Doctor Strange and Black Panther are both head-to-head in the Best Actor Oscar nominations this year, for The Intimidation Game and Get on Up respectively.

wait ..what??? cumberbatch isn't officially cast yet???

doctor_strange_2.jpg

dr-strange-director-cover.png

If Cumberbatch does end up being cast as Doctor Strange, given some of the current early predictions, we could be in a position where Doctor Strange and Black Panther are both head-to-head in the Best Actor Oscar nominations this year, for The Intimidation Game and Get on Up respectively.
Would be cool. Hope it happens.

are you talking about keanu?

i really hope he has nothing to do with this or any other marvel project.
I'd rather see a rusty nail play dr strange.

:lmao:

Something in the comments section of that page is interesting. Look for the comment about Cumberbatch being asked in July if he could be any superhero, who would he be?, to which he replied "Nurse Normal".

My feelings are he was in negotiations, but they were scheduled to shoot when he was doing Hamlet and so had to reject it. Hence at comic-con he was asked about it and he seemingly knew of the project and also the filming dates.

Marvel then went after Phoenix, who rejected because of the long contract, and after that they went back to Cumberbatch, and moved the film from July to November to accommodate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"