Who will be Strange? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he hits puberty before filming starts, or maybe one of his powers can be to magically grow a beard.

I'll be literally doing cartwheels if Cumberbatch gets the job. Fantastic choice.

(So, in June I wished we'd get a Cumberbatch as Strange and Mads Mikkelsen as Mordo) - Surely I can't be that lucky?!

Mads would actually make a good Dormammu, both in human form and in makeup with CG flames around his head.

For Mordo, I kind of see him as being a one-shot villain for the first movie, so why not get an A-lister to play him to bring in the bucks, without the expectation that they will see him again? Depp was bandied about as a potential Strange, but he'd make a good younger version of Mordo as well. I'd rather Mordo for film purposes be characterized as Strange's equal, rather than an older and evil version of him.

I hated the idea of Cumberbatch as Mr. Fantastic, but Dr. Strange? Hellllll yesssss.

So 11 out of 10 levels huh? Wonderful.

Don't worry, it won't last too long. I can hear rabid Cumberbatch fans outside my door sharpening their pitch forks already. I'm going to have to escape and go into hiding now.

Jet Li for Wong! Please?

Not bad, but Donnie Yen would be better. He's got more of a "working man" look about him that makes him look like more of a manservant/butler who can kill you with his index finger.

Hopefully he hits puberty before filming starts, or maybe one of his powers can be to magically grow a beard.

My guess is that maybe one person in the production would know a little something about make-up and costuming; I hear they use that in films.

It's all Cumberbatch's fault that he has a legion of psychotic fans on Tumblr.

Huh? Where is this Cumberbatch looks too young stuff coming from exactly?

Not bad, but Donnie Yen would be better. He's got more of a "working man" look about him that makes him look like more of a manservant/butler who can kill you with his index finger.

Hmm... I see Watanabe or Chow Yun myself.

wow, you switched from denial to anger pretty fast

Coincidentally, Cumberbatch is a frontrunner for this year's Best Actor Academy Award.

I agree. Its completely irrational. I have an irrational dislike of Benedict Cumberbatch, that stems mostly from his fanbase. I still think he's wrong for the role either way. Cumberbatch is such a downgrade from Phoenix.

It makes sense 2 go for big names with lessor known characters. The general audience might not know & hes a fan boy favorite at least

Well at least you acknowledge that you are being irrational.

I agree. Its completely irrational. I have an irrational dislike of Benedict Cumberbatch, that stems mostly from his fanbase. I still think he's wrong for the role either way. Cumberbatch is such a downgrade from Phoenix.
You're just disappointed Kevin Costner-Waldorff wasn't even considered

You're just disappointed Kevin Costner-Waldorff wasn't even considered

Nah, I would have preferred any of the rumoured guys over Cumberbatch... maybe other than Colon Farrel.

The only movie i remember seeing him in is 12 Years a Slave. Other than that i can't recall seeing him in anything…but he seems like a great ,reputed actor.

Nah, I would have preferred any of the rumoured guys over Cumberbatch... maybe other than Colon Farrel.
Well Colin Ferrell would never be anywhere on my list for a lead role in any big blockbuster film, he's proven over and over again that he can't hack in those kinds of films.

Cumberbatch is so famous for his fangirls that sometimes it's easy to forget he is a great actor who lives up the hype. I think he will do great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"