Days of Future Past WHO will be the next announcement? [Round 1]

Storm makes sense if we are going to see battle against Sentinels, and it follows on from her 'we're not a disease to be wiped out' stance on the cure in X3.

I liked the scene in Ultimate X-Men where she brought down ball-lightning on to the Sentinels, though i don't know if mainstream audiences would be familiar with that phenomenon.

Storm fighting sentinels could be the biggest sequence the movie could have, I think.

or one of the biggest, if we take into account what Magneto can do. Cyclops can create big damage too

but to see Storm flying all around the city while using all wheather elements versus the sentinels would be such a powerfull visual, probably the best of the x-men franchise to date.

They should definetly include Halle, even if some fans are tired of her, or Bryan has or hasnt a bad relationship with her. Storm is the most visually appealing character, so lets explote all her potential on this big sequel for once and for all.

I liked the scene in Ultimate X-Men where she brought down ball-lightning on to the Sentinels, though i don't know if mainstream audiences would be familiar with that phenomenon.

I think that would be pretty awesome and switch things up visually. Also might be cool to try experimenting with other colors associated with Storms to give off different damage results. Would really like to see them push the creativity with her powers.

Last edited:
He did say that during the interviews for X Men, basically that he was forced to put her in..maybe that was one of the reasons he did not get along with Halle and gave her such bad direction...cause we have to be honest that the character was not very well treated until the last stand...

Well its clear that he's not the only one who has a say who will be in the movie. If Lauren Shuler Donner wants Storm to be in the movie, she will be in the movie.

And not bringing Storm back would be a waste opportunity. She didn't die and she didn't lose her powers in the previous movies. If they are battling Sentinels, she has to be there because she is the one of the strongest members of the X-Men team. During her fight scenes in the original trilogy, she always won. So they should really include her in the movie.

Um Bryan Singer never read comics till he got Involved with first X-Men.

Storm was one of first characters confirmed for first film after Wolverine,Xavier,and Magneto.

It's clear that Inless budget cuts or rights Issues forced him to Bryan has gotten to use characters he wanted to_On First Class Special features Lauren makes It clear she
didn't want to use Havok,and Azarel for first Class.Guess he won.Bryan.

From a visual standpoint i agree that they have really underused the character of Storm. even the range of her powers hasnt yet been explored.

With such a large ensemble cast everyone isn't going to have their moment to shine understandably, but they could always go the route of the 90's cartoon. They didn't do much in the way of character development but the sure did showcase her badassness and gave her tons of moments to shine in battle.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get to see her take down sentinels but if Bryan doesn't like the character we have to face the possibility of her not returning. And if he's forced to use her and isn't inspired to do so then she will be a non-factor as she's been throughout his films.

I have the feeling that we'll get a new announcement next week

Bryan hasnt tweeted since some days ago, and with all the latest news about these other 2014 proyects, I think a x-men news is coming sooner than later

hopefully Bryan confirms the very first actress from the original trilogy

fingers crossed! :p

I thought we would have heard some casting news by the end of last month. Maybe next week.

I believe the next casting announcement will be Halle Berry. I think Fox have been waiting for Halle's personal drama to die down before announcing her. Now that it has and with her upcoming movie 43 (with Hugh Jackman) and the good news with her other movie The Call, now would be a good time to announce her. Assuming storm is in the script. It would be stupid to miss an opportunity for Storm and sentinels to be in the same movie. That would be a fight scene to give Avengers a run for its money. Audiences like watching a bad ass character kick butt. The audiences like watching sexy women on screen. Audiences LOVE watching sexy badass women kick butt on screen.

Last edited:
It will probably be Halle Berry :( but I want it to be Grammar.

Well if they are really going to film this movie in the next 2 to 3 months, the casting news should start popping again this month or next month.

Didn't Halle has a feud with Singer on set of X Men?

I remember hearing this rumour about Bryan Singer having a fight with his cast on the set of X2 and Halle says this to Bryan Singer..."Kiss my black........."

I'm not sure if Singer wants Halle back.

I remember hearing this rumour about Bryan Singer having a fight with his cast on the set of X2 and Halle says this to Bryan Singer..."Kiss my black........."

Yes Halle did say that and tensions between singer and herself rose on the set of X2. I think he had tensions with a lot of the other cast members on the set of X2. I remember Alan Cumming not enjoying his time on X2. But Singer's confrontation with Halle was the most publicised.

I had thought that they had moved on and settled any disputes between the two of them, at least enough for the two to have a healthy working relationship. But it seems others on here disagree and that Halle and Singer are still at odds with each other and are unwilling to work with each other again.

I thought Nick Hoult had already been confirmed by singer. but it's a good article. You should add it to the interviews thread if you haven't already :-)

Stop trying to stir it up. That was 10 years ago. Singer was reportedly in pain with a back injury and became very irritable on set.

Directors and actors regularly have arguments. We just don't hear about most of them. Do you think it runs smoothly all the time when all those egos and creative personalities are crammed together in one place for months on end?!

I remember Singer telling a story about how he fell out with the entire cast of Apt Pupil because the scene wasn't coming together how he wanted, and everyone including him stormed off to their trailers.

Yes and if they really had a feud, it already happened a long time ago. I don't think they would hold grudges to each other that Halle Berry won't be included in the movie. They are two grown-up adults.

I really hope "Days of Future Past" won't be messed up by Singer.

"Jack the Giant Slayer" doesn't seems like it's going to be a huge hit. Judging from previews/trailers...I'm not really that excited to watch it. It was supposed to be released last year....and they delayed it to this year.

Normally,when Studios delay film releases, most of the time, it's because they don't have much faith in it and the film is really bad/terrible....I don't know...we'll see about it.

Messed up? Days of future past Is right up his alley.May not be popular oporion but he's better choice than Matthew Vaughn for It.

Star Trek was suspose to come out December 2008,and Man of steel December 2012.

Trailers should not be used to judge a final film's quality.Exhibit a Is Dark Shadows.Which had terrable trailers.The final film was a hybrid of genres but trailers were made to think a straight comedy spoofs.People who are part of dark Shadows cult following will tell you they lied the final film better than they thought they would by the terrable
trailers.Which by the way Is from same studio Warner Brothers.

Jack the Giant Slayer's box office has no bearing on DOFP.Zack Snyder's last film Sucker Punch bombed,and Watchmen barely made over 100 Million.

Stop trying to stir it up. That was 10 years ago. Singer was reportedly in pain with a back injury and became very irritable on set.

Directors and actors regularly have arguments. We just don't hear about most of them. Do you think it runs smoothly all the time when all those egos and creative personalities are crammed together in one place for months on end?!

I remember Singer telling a story about how he fell out with the entire cast of Apt Pupil because the scene wasn't coming together how he wanted, and everyone including him stormed off to their trailers.

Yes, most of these tensions don't become public. But when they do, and we have actors commenting on the tension/feud you better believe it must have been very serious. There have also been rumours that Halle did not get along with Famke on X3.

If Famke or Halle are going to be in the film, my guess is they will be announced this month as they both have films coming out this month. Their films will be competing head to head on January 25th. I don't think either film will do well though!

Last edited:
Normally,when Studios delay film releases, most of the time, it's because they don't have much faith in it and the film is really bad/terrible....I don't know...we'll see about it.

And normally schedule changes happen because the producers want to make the film better, shoot more scenes and also to avoid competition. Its not like the movie was moved to January or February or September.

There have also been rumours that Halle did not get along with Famke on X3.

If Famke or Halle are going to be in the film, my guess is they will be announced this month as they both have films coming out this month. Their films will be competing head to head on January 25th. I don't think either film will do well though!

This is beyond ridiculous. Halle and Famke does not have or share any scenes together in X3.

If Halle's returning, she's probably going to be the most expensive cast ever...her being an Oscar winner.... I'm not sure if Fox is willing to pay her enough to have her back considering the string of flops she's been headlining.

Yes, most of these tensions don't become public. But when they do, and we have actors commenting on the tension/feud you better believe it must have been very serious. There have also been rumours that Halle did not get along with Famke on X3.

It sounds more like an on-set drama that was picked up by the tabloids. Halle has always been popular with the tabloids because she is glamorous and looks good on covers in slinky gowns, beachwear, etc. Add a few dramas to that and the tabloids are watching even more closely. Sadly that has overshadowed other aspects of her life and left her open to the same comments directed at most other tabloid fodder like Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Britney, etc.

At the end of the day, I'm not bothered if Halle or Storm is in the movie. Omitting the character or recasting the future version, or introducing a new young version in the past would all be okay, but they will need some ethnic diversity and a strong female presence from someone. So, if not Storm, then who? Rachel Summers, Phoenix, Binary, Polaris, Scarlet Witch? Any of those would be fine with me.

It would be great to see Storm go up against Sentinels with full-on powers but, for all I know, futureStorm might be portrayed as already dead in the film adaptation.

They might instead use elements of Second Genesis in having Beast, Banshee and Havok captured by whoever is behind the Sentinels in the 1960s, leaving Xavier to recruit a new team (younger versions of Storm, Jean and Cyclops) to rescue them. That would set up a new, young Storm for future films.

Or they might follow the animated series storyline One Man's Worth in which Wolverine and Storm are married in an alternate future - which would require Halle's Storm or (far less likely) a recast.

It could go any of those ways, according to the little we know at the moment.

I'm pretty flexible about it, but they will need some 'girl power' in the movie from somewhere and the actors/characters announced so far don't really fulfil that role.

They had a scene together. The Alkali Lake scene where Wolverine/Storm found Jean's body.

But no interaction between both of them.

Judging from his past works...X MEN, X2, Superman Returns....Singer has always been more on narrative character development....and less on action.

It's no surprise, X3, which he didn't direct, has the most action sequences out of all the X Men movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"