WHO will be the next announcement? [Round 1]

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Angamb, Dec 19, 2012.

?

Which actor will be the next announcement?

1. Halle Berry

2. Ellen Page

3. Daniel Cudmore

4. Anna Paquin

5. Shawn Ashmore

6. Kelsey Grammer

7. Ben Foster

8. Alan Cumming

9. James Marsden

10. Famke Janssen

11. Rebecca Romijn

12. other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I doubt they would give Halle Berry that kind of hairstyle. Plus for me, mohawk looks very 80s and not futuristic.

2. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

only one week left to end January..... lets hope Bryan announce another name this month

3. cheungcheung

cheungcheung Well-Known Member

He announced three!

4. cheungcheung

cheungcheung Well-Known Member

And a great transition to x4

5. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

After today, Halle will be the next announcement.

6. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

Actually, I think they need to announce the return of some of the First Class actors first. The past can't just consist of the McAvoy, Hoult, Fassbender, and Lawrence. After that, announce Berry.

7. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

I agree, but I meant amongst the actors on the poll, that is, the OT actors, Halle will be announced next. But, with regards to the First Class cast, as exciting as today's news is, I'm still very eager to hear whether LT/Havok and CLJ/Banshee will return, and if not, then how the hell are Charles and Beast going to stand much of a chance against the Brotherhood?

8. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

had just remembered this topic, lol

How many of us expected three new names the same day? haha

So glad Singer and Fox seem to be aware of the latest frustration regarding the lack of news and info.

I wonder if they will announce someone more or not. Personally, Im strating to think we have enough characters from the original trilogy.

We need to feel that tragic impact of that apocaliptic future, so if one or two more actors are confirmed, this feeling wont appear

I wanted to see Colossus on this sequel, but now that Iceman is back.... Im not sure

9. psylockolussus

Yes and its a hint that the next movie will be X-Men 4. :woot: But its too early to tell right now.

I hope they do announce the return of some of the Fc actors too. Would love to see January, Lucas and Caleb again! I'm hoping

February = Havok, Banshee
    March = Storm, Emma Frost

I wasn't expecting that they would announce it today especially after reading your complaint about the lack of announcements. So I was really thrilled when I saw the latest announcement.

And they could get that Apocalyptic feeling even if they don't kill characters such as Rogue, Iceman, Storm, Wolverine... they could just say mutants are getting hunted and killed by Sentinels but they don't necessarily have to kill one of them.

And as for Colossus, they could still bring him back and Daniel Cudmore. Daniel Cudmore recently appeared in the Twilight movies but he isn't a big name in Hollywood so I could see why they don't have to announce his return. A cameo from him would be nice and Ben Foster too.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  10. M-2

M-2 Ultimate BAMF

Dont you think it would be awesome if he came back as ArchAngel!! That would definitely boast peoples interest in the character, as the GA would probably want to know what happened to Angel. Especially if there is a vague reference to his new look in the film.

Definitely think that a Colossus cameo would be cool

11. Illuminata

Illuminata DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Very very doubtful.

Halle Berry is embroiled in a huge (nasty) custody suit, violence at her home and trying to relocate to France. Plus her relationship with Bryan was so frigid. X-Men is the last thing on her mind.

Famke will be announced next.

12. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure at this point that only actors/characters who will have a large role in the film are being announced.

Jason Flemyng revealed he would be returning back in November, not long after Singer signed back on.

So yeah. I'm sure more people than what Singer announces will be back, they just might not have a major role in the film.

13. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

Whatever issues Halle and Bryan might have, she has stated many times that she wants to return to the role.

14. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

Halle Berry is more than up for the role. She needs a blockbuster success to make a full comeback and X-Men Days of Future Past is the perfect opportunity. Storm/Halle has much more right to appear in this film than say Mystique, Rogue, iceman. Given that she actually appeared in the comic book storyline. It would be easy to write her in as she is pretty much in the same situation as Storm was in the comics. (Both have just become leaders of the X-Men) Rogue's character will be harder to write especially since Kitty will be in this.

Halle and Bryan are grown adults and I doubt that either of them would allow something that happened almost ten years ago stop them from working together again. Also Halle has a great relationship with Laren Shuler Donner, Hugh Jackman and the rest of the original cast. I'm pretty sure they would all want her back.

I truly doubt Famke will be in this movie given Bryan's tweet about letting them live. I think that Rebecca Romijn might be announced next if Storm isn't in the film.

This!

15. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Next will probally be more first Class actors.

They have to announce some next to keep the minority who liked First Class better than
    X2 happy

Halle and Rebecca Romijn are the remaining OT vets most likely to return.

16. SterlingDee

SterlingDee Well-Known Member

I think Famke or James will be the last to be announced.

Halle needs this film way more than the film needs Halle. She's appeared in flop after flop. Her last 7 films now have flopped or disappointed at the box office. They should make her work for scale if she wants to come back!

17. lordofthenerds

lordofthenerds Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

The question isn't whether Halle wants to work with Bryan, the question is whether he wants to work with Halle.

They could easily write Storm out of the script. Mutants are dying left and right in the dystopian future, remember?

18. Electrix

Electrix Well-Known Member

If Storm was in the script when Vaughn was still attached to direct then she'll still be involved now. Studios push for casting decision all the time whether directors want it or not, and the producers are friendly with Halle so I can't see why she'd be cut when you have less popular characters (Iceman) returning.

I actually don't think Halle and Singer have any bad blood. They had a disagreement 10 years ago. It hasn't been a decade-long feud as some make it out to be.

19. lordofthenerds

We'll have to wait and see. I just find it a little strange that she still hasn't been announced. An announcement on Storm would certainly get the fans excited.

20. SterlingDee

SterlingDee Well-Known Member

Nah. Storm's role could undoubtedly be cut out in an afternoon of rewriting. Her character hasn't actually been a driving force in any of the films: she's just there to deliver a bit of exposition, a couple throwaway lines, and an effect sequence.

21. lordofthenerds

To be fair, X3 tried doing a little more with the character by making her the new leader of the X-Team and school. That said, they could still write her out with one line of exposition. Two words would do it actually: "Storm's dead."

It would actually add some tension to that segment of the plot, since the X-Men would be without their new leader in the already hectic, dystopian future.

22. Mrs Vimes

Mrs Vimes Well-Known Member

That would be the minority that outvoted X2 in favour of FC on this forum's poll? :oldrazz:

23. lordofthenerds

Yeah, but FC had the 'new release' factor working in its favor.

24. psylockolussus

They should save Archangel for Age of Apocalypse. A cameo from Angel would be nice and could hint that they are willing to improve his character on the next X-Men movies.
    That didn't stop her from making movies last year. :whatever:

Halle Berry is a professional and I doubt she will let her problem in her personal life not to appear in movies. Plus so what if she didn't get along with Bryan, it was 10 years ago.

25. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

This makes you sound like you only get your news from US Weekly.

Both Halle and the ex have dropped their cases against one another, she's not moving to France anymore, and Bryan and Halle may have been at odds during X2 but they're still both professionals and Halle still promoted X2.