Days of Future Past WHO will be the next announcement? [Round 1]

Halle and Famke's tensions on set is obviously a rumour with no truth to it. As said they barely have any scenes together and from the pictures I see at the premiere of X3 they seem to have a very hospitable relationship. All the main stars of X-Men are good friends. (James, Ian, Patrick, Hugh, Halle, Famke and Anna and Rebecca. They all appeared in every movie in the trilogy and have constantly said that the X-Men cast and crew have become like a second family to them.

It sounds more like an on-set drama that was picked up by the tabloids. Halle has always been popular with the tabloids because she is glamorous and looks good on covers in slinky gowns, beachwear, etc. Add a few dramas to that and the tabloids are watching even more closely. Sadly that has overshadowed other aspects of her life and left her open to the same comments directed at most other tabloid fodder like Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Britney, etc.

At the end of the day, I'm not bothered if Halle or Storm is in the movie. Omitting the character or recasting the future version, or introducing a new young version in the past would all be okay, but they will need some ethnic diversity and a strong female presence from someone. So, if not Storm, then who? Rachel Summers, Phoenix, Binary, Polaris, Scarlet Witch? Any of those would be fine with me.

It would be great to see Storm go up against Sentinels with full-on powers but, for all I know, futureStorm might be portrayed as already dead in the film adaptation.

They might instead use elements of Second Genesis in having Beast, Banshee and Havok captured by whoever is behind the Sentinels in the 1960s, leaving Xavier to recruit a new team (younger versions of Storm, Jean and Cyclops) to rescue them. That would set up a new, young Storm for future films.

Or they might follow the animated series storyline One Man's Worth in which Wolverine and Storm are married in an alternate future - which would require Halle's Storm or (far less likely) a recast.

It could go any of those ways, according to the little we know at the moment.

I'm pretty flexible about it, but they will need some 'girl power' in the movie from somewhere and the actors/characters announced so far don't really fulfil that role.

If Storm Is In film It will be In future scenes played by halle Berry

The past part of DOFP will probally be mid to late 1960's.There Is no way teenage Cyclops,Jean,and Storm will be Introduced.Thos ethat compain about contunity problems want to make It worse? At end of First Class Xavier Isn't 30 yet or bald yet they want the more tp tier X-Men Even before Xavier becomes more tradional Xavier.

The Sentinles are probally going to only be In future.The threat In past will be Brotherhood trying to assassinate someone.

DOFP won't be literal adaptan.we knew that by using this with first Class cast.But Is likely to have these core elements

Future with sentinles
Wolverine busting survung mutants out of Internment camp
Time travel to past to try to prevent future
Contacting past X-Men and warning them Brotherhood's assassination plot will
lead to dark future with sentinles
Battle between X-men and Brotherhood where X-Men try to prevent assassination.

It will be film version of these core elemets with added stuff.Remember there has to be moments on characters too.

I firmly believe we are looking at cast that Includes members of first Class and Original trilogy.There Isn't going to be room for much else save for target of assassination.They have casts of both timelines and sentinles.having X-Men Vs Sentinles In future and X-men VS Broterhood In past Is enough for big action set pieces.Remember they only have so much time and money.Witht the Avengers save for maria Hill all characters were from solo films.So Idea they have to Introduce a bunch of new characters Is faulty.

Halle Berry doesn't have a feud with anyone from the production of X-Men. A 'feud' indicates ongoing tensions and I assure you that she and everyone has moved on even if some people haven't.

At this point halle berry would probally like to get news for work rather than her personal life.If they want Storm In future fscenes and halle agrees to do It she will be In film.I
don't think disagreements she had with Bryan SInger during X2 filming would cause her not
to be film.

Exclusive: Famke Janssen on X-Men: Days of Future Past
famke-janssen-20090301-496090.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...ve-famke-janssen-on-x-men-days-of-future-past

I doudt any of the actors will confirm anything till Bryan Singer or Fox announces anything.
So truthfully asking actors are waste of time.When Bryan Singer promates Jack The Giant Slayer that will be Ideal time to get those questions In assuming the cast Isn't confirmed
yet.

Edit: see post below

Last edited:
At this point halle berry would probally like to get news for work rather than her personal life.If they want Storm In future fscenes and halle agrees to do It she will be In film.I
don't think disagreements she had with Bryan SInger during X2 filming would cause her not
to be film.

I totally agree!!

I doudt any of the actors will confirm anything till Bryan Singer or Fox announces anything.
So truthfully asking actors are waste of time.When Bryan Singer promates Jack The Giant Slayer that will be Ideal time to get those questions In assuming the cast Isn't confirmed
yet.

Yeah you're right but I feel that Famke is telling the truth on this occasion. I mean before she was coy about her return and now she is cameoing in The Wolverine, why wouldn't she give another vague answer instead directly denying any involvent. I don't think she's been contacted yet.

If Famke really hasn't been contacted at this stage, then
a) she isn't in the film; or
b) she has only a minor cameo role, like an end-credits sequence

There's no way she wouldn't have been contacted if she has a substantial role in the movie. They would have to make sure she is available.

Well If DOFP Is as speculated basiclly both X4 and First Class 2 there Isn't a place for her till end of film after time traveler returns to future to find It changed If they would
show a changed future.The original comic left It unknown what effect the time traveling had on future.

If Famke really hasn't been contacted at this stage, then
a) she isn't in the film; or
b) she has only a minor cameo role, like an end-credits sequence

There's no way she wouldn't have been contacted if she has a substantial role in the movie. They would have to make sure she is available.

Agreed. I didn't really expect a large role for Jean in this even if she did return. I don't think there will be a large role for any of the original trilogy actors other than those already announced.

if the very next announcement is Anna or Ellen I will be soooo happy for the next two months, lol

but I guess it would be bigger news to make a dual announcement, or even three actors at once, like: 'so happy to give the welcome back to Halle Berry, Anna Paquin and Daniel Cudmore. so #Excited'

I imagine the whole net would post the tweet and the hype would get crazier

but lets see what happens in the next two weeks

Bringing back Famke Jannsen would be an easy decision if only her character didn't die in X3. She already died twice and bringing her back even if its an alternate universe would be too much especially this time she's not the only character that is going to make a comeback in the X-Men movies. Like Cyclops, maybe someday they could her bring her back for good but I don't think it should happen in DOFP.

There are only 3 ways Famke Janssen can appear In DOFP

1:They are outright Ignoring The Last Stand(and her cameo In The Wolverine Is wolverine returning to manson and finding jean had returned after her apparent death In X2)
2:The future scenes are alternate possable future and the time travel causes the other films to come Into being
3:She appears at end of DOFP when time traveler returns to future to discover the time traveling and preventing Event has changed the fuutre Including wiping out events of Last Stand(her cameo In The Wolverine Is simpy hallunication of wolverine's)

Bringing back Famke Jannsen would be an easy decision if only her character didn't die in X3. She already died twice and bringing her back even if its an alternate universe would be too much especially this time she's not the only character that is going to make a comeback in the X-Men movies. Like Cyclops, maybe someday they could her bring her back for good but I don't think it should happen in DOFP.

I know the Phoenix isn't exactly a cat with nine lives but isn't it able to ressurrect itself, rising above from the ashes??

3:She appears at end of DOFP when time traveler returns to future to discover the time traveling and preventing Event has changed the fuutre Including wiping out events of Last Stand(her cameo In The Wolverine Is simpy hallunication of wolverine's)

I would love if they could get a number of the original cast to do cameos in an ending like this. Would be awesome if the ending was that Jean and Cyclops were alive and the whole team was together again. It would have a lot of emotional impact imo.

I know the Phoenix isn't exactly a cat with nine lives but isn't it able to ressurrect itself, rising above from the ashes??

Marvel resurrected Jean Grey / Phoenix like more than 10 times in the comics but I don't think FOX should do that in the movie series. Her death would just be pointless if they keep resurrecting her.

1:They are outright Ignoring The Last Stand(and her cameo In The Wolverine Is wolverine returning to manson and finding jean had returned after her apparent death In X2)
2:The future scenes are alternate possable future and the time travel causes the other films to come Into being

4:She is Madelyne Pryor.:hrt:

Your forgetting In COmics It was reconned that Phoenix simply took on Jean's appearance,personality,and memories.Now my Knowlege of X-Men comics ranges from 1963 to 2005(save for other parts of Joss Whedon's run on Astonshing X-Men) but I believe after death In 2004 they only brought Jean back by time travel version of younger self.

Plus film version of Phoenix was different.

Based on Interviews about the WOlverine from both james Mangold and Hugh Jackman It's safe to assume james Marsden and Famke Janssen won't be In Days of future past
In major roles In future scenes.

With as much as they are going on about the wolverine post the Last Stand the only way I can see them In film Is If Days of fture past Is treated as pure first Class sequel
and pure prequel to trilogy and the fuutre Is possable alternate future which happens If the Assassination the brotherhood Is planning Isn't stopped.And thus preventing event
brings the other films Into being.Of course some won't like that but as of now that's the only way I could see Cyclops and jean In this film.

If Storm is back, I sure hopes she has that Mohawk hairstyle complete with rockstar leather jacket and pants during the time travel scenes.

I remember watching an episode of X Men:the animated series 90s cartoon...there was one episode where Storm and Logan time travel.....and Ororo sports a Mohawk hairstyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"