Days of Future Past WHO will be the next announcement? [Round 1]

To be fair, X3 tried doing a little more with the character by making her the new leader of the X-Team and school. That said, they could still write her out with one line of exposition. Two words would do it actually: "Storm's dead."

It would actually add some tension to that segment of the plot, since the X-Men would be without their new leader in the already hectic, dystopian future.

Even Storm becoming the head of the school has nothing to do with the main storylines (The Cure and Phoenix). That could have been cut and it would have made no change to the story. She's is a completely throwaway character: nothing she does arises from character motivations, she just does stuff because she's there and they have to give her something to do.

Giving her more screentime in X3 actually contributed to the poor quality of the film, especially from a writing/structure perspective, because it was at the cost of devoting more time to a lead character (Jean) with an actual arc and storyline. It was a complete waste of film to have her do anything in X3: they should have just given her an effects sequence and a couple lines like in the other films.

Even Storm becoming the head of the school has nothing to do with the main storylines (The Cure and Phoenix). That could have been cut and it would have made no change to the story. She's is a completely throwaway character: nothing she does arises from character motivations, she just does stuff because she's there and they have to give her something to do.

Giving her more screentime in X3 actually contributed to the poor quality of the film, especially from a writing/structure perspective, because it was at the cost of devoting more time to a lead character (Jean) with an actual arc and storyline. It was a complete waste of film to have her do anything in X3: they should have just given her an effects sequence and a couple lines like in the other films.
I agree. I would also add that I've always thought Halle Berry to be miscast as Storm. She has some trouble playing strong-willed characters, and when she does play them, it always comes off as a bit forced. Her performance as Storm was no exception, especially in X3.

I wouldn't really mind seeing them doing away with this character (sorry Storm fans).

if there was one character that stole others screentime, it was Wolverine. MORE than Storm.

It was the obvious move from the writers to show Storm getting the lead in the school. It was the only way possible.

Who would have been the leader? Rogue? Iceman?... Colossus? Wolverine?

One of the things that werent needed at all was the Rogue/Bobby/Kitty triangle. They could have used Kitty without the need to complicate Anne and Bobby relationship, and probably Rogue wouldnt have taken the cure, if for example, she would have had another scene with another character that would have told her she had a gift, and was part of a team, Rogue could have ending realizing that and finally rejecting the cure.

But no, they forced the Kitty thing when the movie should have been about Phoenix being the main threat.

And.... we didnt need to see Logan talking with EVERY X-MEN during the whole movie. THAT was one of the problems.

Wolverine had words with Storm, had a short interaction with Colossus on the danger room, then with Cyclops, then with Beast and Charles, then with Storm on Alkali Lake, then with Charles, then with Jean, then with Charles and Storm, then the Jean house scene, then with Rogue before leaving the shool, then with Magneto on the forest, then with Beast and Storm back on the school, then with Beast on the halfway, then the Speech as a leader to all the x-men, then some words with Kitty on the battle, then with Storm, then with Bobby, then with Beast...

anyway, Logan talked with EVERYONE in the damm movie.

but... what about a short dialogue between Rogue and Kitty?... what about Cyclops and Storm?.... what about Beast and Kitty? or Bobby and Beast?.... or Rogue and Beast? or Angel and Bobby?

sooooo many lack of character interaction on the x-team. while Logan spoke with everyone. THAT was one of the problems, Logan was forced as the star of the movie, when the movie WASNT about him. It was about PHOENIX and the CURE.

but no.... all the fans complain about Storm, because Halle is a diva and she was the main star of the movie.

Yeah, tell that to someone else. Because I know who stole the screentime

if there was one character that stole others screentime, it was Wolverine. MORE than Storm.

It was the obvious move from the writers to show Storm getting the lead in the school. It was the only way possible.

Who would have been the leader? Rogue? Iceman?... Colossus? Wolverine?
Cyclops? How about not killing Cyclops? That would seem to be the more logical step, and killing him wasn't exactly pivotal to the plot.

I don't entirely agree with that. I didn't like some of what we got from Storm in X3 but I don't think Storm's presence in the story had anything to do with the problems with the Jean/Phoenix story (a lack of firebird effect, and standing around doing nothing at Alcatraz). Had Storm not been there at all, there still wouldn't have been much Cyclops so we would have had more of the Wolverine/Jean love thing which we had seen quite enough of by now.

If it's true that the studio insisted on the Cure story, then the writers should have been more creative.

The Cure and Phoenix plots didn't intersect very much. The writers should have tied both plots together and had the development of the Cure fast-tracked because of destruction/threat caused by Phoenix. The Cure could have been the government's response to the fight scene at Jean's house. (it would already have been in development)

Xavier shouldn't have exploded in that battle, he should have temporarily been able to reinstate the blocks (as in the comics). Jean would then have burst through the mental barriers when the X-Men came under threat from military forces armed with the Cure. Storm's role could have been reduced as a result of those changes. We didn't need to see her become head of the school for a start.

The main problems with X3 are the hasty exit of Cyclops and parallel plots that didn't weave together well, as well as Wolverine dominating every single scene.

In effect, X3 had three plots - Cure, Phoenix and Magneto's War. While Magneto's War linked to the other two plots, the Cure and Phoenix didn't link to each other.

In X2, we had Stryker's plans, Wolverine's origins and Jean's journey nicely woven together. So it can work to have more than one storyline going on. But X3 didn't handle it well.

Last edited:
glad to see other person knowing Wolverine dominated every scene.

I started to think some users didnt realize that

This makes you sound like you only get your news from US Weekly.

Both Halle and the ex have dropped their cases against one another, she's not moving to France anymore, and Bryan and Halle may have been at odds during X2 but they're still both professionals and Halle still promoted X2.

And she even attended the premiere night of X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

If they asked her to be in the movie, she would probably say yes. But if not, then too bad for her.

glad to see other person knowing Wolverine dominated every scene.

I started to think some users didnt realize that
No, I'm aware of it, I just think Storm got unnecessary screentime as well.

Both his role as Jean's lover and Storm's role as new leader should have been given to Cyclops. That way it would be more accurate to the source material, and those two plot points could have actually tied in with one another.

I hope there aren't too many announcements of old actors left, mainly because some need to be dead, to get that sense of dread that is needed in the DOFP future. Some famous characters needs to be already dead in the future imo.

Here is hoping for one more big announcement. Guessing: Storm. Wishing: Cyclops

is true that Rose Bryne said on the SAG awards "you'll see me in Days of future past"??

Ive just read that on twitter

¿?

I'm hoping the next announcement will be Famke. I love that woman.

More realistically, it'll probably be Halle Berry or Ben Foster.

Ben Foster is probably the last they would include lol

and Im an Angel/Ben Foster fan :D

This movie shouldnt be a version of X4. Its a very specific storyarc. If they show most of the x-men from the original trilogy, it wont be as tragic of a future. I really hope they keep some actors for a future sequel. that would create hype. To use most of them now could create even more hate before the movie.

The less characters the better.

I'm hoping the next announcement will be Famke. I love that woman.

More realistically, it'll probably be Halle Berry or Ben Foster.

Between the two, I would choose Berry. Foster's Angel is one of my least favorite additions of the franchise. Plus, I don't see him adding much. He doesn't pose much of a threat or spectacle, like Storm does, and he doesn't have close character ties, like Storm does.

is true that Rose Bryne said on the SAG awards "you'll see me in Days of future past"??

Ive just read that on twitter

¿?

I just rewatched Rose and James' portion of the SAG's. No mention of X-men whatsoever. Unless the mention was during a red carpet interview?

You had me until you made the highlighted portion. Maybe as an alternative, for once they could've written Storm's character... um... well?

I just rewatched Rose and James' portion of the SAG's. No mention of X-men whatsoever. Unless the mention was during a red carpet interview?

it was a "joke" from a twitter user

:whatever:

anyway, I still think she will come back, specially since the character appeared in the comic and Matthew wrote the script with Simon.

You had me until you made the highlighted portion. Maybe as an alternative, for once they could've written Storm's character... um... well?

For some reason people feel that Storm doesn't deserve to be important to the story or written well. A special effects shot and a few lines. Storm is more than that and she deserves to be shown as close as possible to her comic book counterpart. It isn't like making Storm a leader goes against the comic. She has led the team many times.

as we can see, only 7 users from 34 were right about the latest announcement :D

time for next one, right?

it was a "joke" from a twitter user

:whatever:

anyway, I still think she will come back, specially since the character appeared in the comic and Matthew wrote the script with Simon.

Stupid twitter! :csad:

Feb will be the month for Rose and January. and hopefully for Lucas and Caleb too

That doesn't guarantee that Moira will comeback. They could have her dropped her character when they were doing the script.

Moira is a character I could cope without. I'd rather see Banshee and Alex back.

I wouldn't say Moira is really necessary at this point. Maybe a cameo. This movie is loaded with characters as it is.

Sure, if they were going to write her as an actual character, but she had no personal stake in either of the main storylines so there wasn't really a need to write a character for her. They could have at least given her more of a stake in the Cure storyline. But if they weren't going to really involve the character in anything, she should have been given one or two lines and served as a background character not given random throwaway scenes ("You of all people know how fast the weather changes"...bleh).

Once they got to X3, there really had been no character established, so it was more difficult to do anything with Storm. She didn't really have any relationships or point of view in X1 and X2 (unlike Wolverine, Jean, Prof X, Magneto, and even Rogue and Cyclops to a lesser degree).

Her relationship with Nightcrawler is one especially with that "faith" thing they mentioned to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"