"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Thor" - Part 2

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Marion It's all in the swing

Thanks. I this the spot from the Lakers game from last weekend?

2. BigThor God of Thunder

Why yes it is, so are the ones for Iron Man and Hulk.

3. Smashlilman Ouch!!!!

The man with the large hammer can take a pounding. :hehe:

4. Nevincer Registered

6 days, damn it :D

5. BigThor God of Thunder

Or is he the one doing the "pounding"? :funny:

14 days left for me :dry:

6. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

You and me both on this one (think I'm actually to the point where I'm finally starting to annoy my coworkers with my enthusiasm for this movie :dry: *lol*

7. SaF Registered

Sad times BigThor, I have been wondering why the european release is ahead of th US one, isn't it normally the other way around?!

I'm not complaining because I'm in europe so it works out for me but, it just seems strange.

Love that radio clip Chris Hemsworth did, his voice is just... perfect! The measured tones and how he takes all the archaic words in his stride, I'm sure he's had lots of practise by now but it never fails to amaze me how well he pulls it off, the asgard style of talking could so easily have fallen flat in the hands/mouth of the wrong person.

8. BigThor God of Thunder

Agreed, I can't thank Marvel enough for casting such as perfect person for the role of the "God of Thunder".

9. Smashlilman Ouch!!!!

It makes me angry that they dumbed down that style of speaking in Thor.

10. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Wow, what did I start last night? :csad::woot:

11. Smashlilman Ouch!!!!

They could be using the European release to gen up Buzz for the North American release.

12. BigThor God of Thunder

Not me, I think they've still kept the essence of the way Thor speaks even without they "thees" and "thous".

13. Gamma Burst Registered

They surely did!

14. Scarlettess and a 1..2..3..4

I just bought Thor on Blu-ray finally! Went into HMV to actually get Inception, Firefly and Serenity on the blu and find a Capt. america t-shirt to wear to the premiere. Adverdently I picked up a newly released Serenity and forgot about Inception :doh: ( I suddenly remembered the t-shirt as they're all just before the exit.lol) I was so geeked out when i saw it and it went down in price today apparently and it's the Steel case HMV exclusive edition! (it looks so smart)

15. Drummerdude7 AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Thanks for supporting HMV Scarletess!!! I actually work there. ;)

16. Scarlettess and a 1..2..3..4

haha no problem! I love HMV. (especially the exclusive covers they do...so niche :woot:) course I forgot my points card...yet again....it's a good job you can redeem your points online or I would have card with never any points :funny: I'd actually love to work there I know one who has and he said it was alot of fun :awesome:

to make the rest of you'll jealous, (and because I love it so much) this is the cover, but the photo doesnt do it justice. :p:thor:

[​IMG]

17. Drummerdude7 AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

That's actually an awesome cover....I had no idea we even sold that!!! Which store did you go to??

18. Scarlettess and a 1..2..3..4

The one in Preston city centre :woot: and nope it wasnt on your website so I saw it and had to buy it! £13 awesome buy. I love that they have a whole wall now dedicated to blu-rays! makes life so much easier :awesome:

edit: your as in HMV, not your your website lol

19. Drummerdude7 AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Ohhhhh you're in the UK. No wonder. I work at HMV Canada.

20. Lady Marion It's all in the swing

When Tony hears Thor speaking for the first time[BLACKOUT] he asks "Is there Shakespeare around?" and then he quotes Hamlet - or something similar. I didn't understand everything last night.[/BLACKOUT]

21. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

The EMPIRE review mentions that [BLACKOUT]Tony says something about 'Shakespeare in the Park'[/BLACKOUT] when referring to Thor, if that's what you mean?

22. Scarlettess and a 1..2..3..4

Yup, and I'm insanely jelous of anyone who lives in Canada. It's such a beautiful country, I'm lucky that I got to live there for four months. I would have studied over there if it wasnt so freaking expensive :csad: which part do you live?

and um to stop derailing completely, I am so watching Thor tonight, probably twice, I'm looking forward to listening to the commentary. :woot:

23. Lady Marion It's all in the swing

Yes exactly. Sorry, I can't recall the dialogues literal, it was too much input. :cwink:

24. Drummerdude7 AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Ha, I live in Mississauga, about 45 minutes away from Toronto. My HMV didn't exactly have a crazy amount of special stuff for Thor, just a DVD, Blu-Ray, and 3D blu-ray (bleck). However, Thor is probably my favorite of the MCU films so far.

25. SaF Registered

Colour me green... That is beautiful! I was rooting round HMV last week for new dvds, but not of them have as pretty covers as the blue rays anymore, not to mention all the special features aren't on the dvds anymore :mad:

I got Thor and Captain America back from my friend today, looks like I'm going to be having a Mavel-tastic evening! :thor: :cap:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.