Why do people care if Jesus had a wife and child?

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
I don't get why people take such offense to this. Does anyone know?

Matt said:
I don't get why people take such offense to this. Does anyone know?

WELL THIS SHOULD BE INTERESTING.
eek7.gif

because sex is a sin. Even if you're married.

It goes completely against Christian doctrine.

Mostly it's the Catholic church that is upset. Simply they've been saying for thousands of years that you have to be single to show your love and dedication for God. Only single people can become a priest or a nun and teach religion to the masses. If Jesus was married then that would go completely against their doctrine.

ampersand said:
It goes completely against Christian doctrine.

Actually, no it doesn't. In fact it was one of the most early christian teachings.

Because 80% of the world is legally insane. They just aren't aware of it :)

Emrys said:
Actually, no it doesn't. In fact it was one of the most early christian teachings.

Can you give evidence of this?

ampersand said:
Can you give evidence of this?

Read up on gnosticism, and the Holy grail. That should be enough.

Because then his bloodline might live on today, in which case we would put his progeny on pedestal to exalt above all others, and the church would have no more authority.

Emrys said:

I think you need to read up gnosticism.

I think people are upset because it goes against Christian doctrine. I watched a documentary on the whole thing on CNN I believe the person speaking said it wouldnt be that unsual for a jewish Man to remain unmarried (and you have to remember Jesus died when he was 33)

Flame on! said:
As if Christians have any evidence.

Read the Lord of the Rings, I'm sure you could find evdience in there somewhere...Oh wait, that's the Bible. My mistake :O

Emrys said:

That is only certain groups who already believe this. Besides, those who believe this aren't the ones complaining. So I guess my statement should have been more specific.

because Christianity focuses on the perfection of Jesus as the true son of God when they REALLY should be focusing on God HIMSELF.

DorkyFresh said:
because Christianity focuses on the perfection of Jesus as the true son of God when they REALLY should be focusing on God HIMSELF.

In Christianity, Jesus=God.

Because it means that Jesus wasnt the bachelor we all think he was. He was a Swinga baby!

it's simple really...

If Jesus had a wife and child, then the Bible is wrong about his life.
If the Bible is wrong about something as important as Jesus' life (the center point of the entire book), then it could be wrong about anything.
If it could be wrong about anything, then it is worthless as a foundation for a belief system.

wouldnt that be so cool if a person of today was related to jesus christ,,that would kick so much ass

Lackey said:
it's simple really...

If Jesus had a wife and child, then the Bible is wrong about his life.
If the Bible is wrong about something as important as Jesus' life (the center point of the entire book), then it could be wrong about anything.
If it could be wrong about anything, then it is worthless as a foundation for a belief system.

The whole Bible wouldt be wrong, only the New Testament, therefore meaning the Jews are right!:eek:

kane9321 said:
wouldnt that be so cool if a person of today was related to jesus christ,,that would kick so much ass

Not really, what if it was some emo kid.

ampersand said:
In Christianity, Jesus=God.

if i remember correctly (i might be wrong)....in christianity, EVERYTHING = God. but we don't worship the person sleeping on the side of the road do we? ;)

ampersand said:
That is only certain groups who already believe this. Besides, those who believe this aren't the ones complaining. So I guess my statement should have been more specific.

And? What do you think christians are? a homogenous whole? There are hundreds of different denominations with completely opposite doctrines. There were quite a few sects who believed in the holy family

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"