Why does everyone hate The Batman?

Silver Sable said:
I'm mostly pissed off of the character designs and some of their the origins like Mr.Freeze and Clayface

I'm going to guess that you're in your early 20's and grew up watching BTAS, right?

Silver Sable said:
LOL you looked at my profile right? :p ;)

Actually, no. That was just a guess based on this statement:

Originally Posted by Silver Sable
I'm mostly pissed off of the character designs and some of their the origins like Mr.Freeze and Clayface

hunter_hippie said:
I'm going to guess that you're in your early 20's and grew up watching BTAS, right?
I'm going to guess that you're in your early teens and are growing up listening to Silverstein, believing that it's all part of your plan to radically and revolutionarily change everything, though you're not quite sure how. You just know you're going to change everything, for better or worse--but how could change be bad? Change is always automatically good! Yes, someday you're going to change the world...but for now, you'll accept a radical departure from established Batman traditions, a latte, and your banker dad's money.

droogiedroogie2 said:
I'm going to guess that you're in your early teens and are growing up listening to Silverstein, believing that it's all part of your plan to radically and revolutionarily change everything, though you're not quite sure how. You just know you're going to change everything, for better or worse--but how could change be bad? Change is always automatically good! Yes, someday you're going to change the world...but for now, you'll accept a radical departure from established Batman traditions, a latte, and your banker dad's money.

Not even close.

Who's Silverstein? Like Mel Silverstein? http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:MaHw6JJeDf8J:www.usc.edu/hsc/info/pr/1vol7/708/cancer.html+mel+silverstein&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

The 60s Batman was waaaaaaay better than this show.

I feel so sorry for kids today who have to grow up watching these cartoons nowadays.

Neto Magnus said:
The 60s Batman was waaaaaaay better than this show.

I feel so sorry for kids today who have to grow up watching these cartoons nowadays.

The two aren't even comparable. The 60's Batman was directly based off the comics of that era. Extreme camp. In today's standards, many have problems accepting that Batman and other shows such as the Superfriends (Personally, the Aquaman fanboy in me hates it with a passion for how they treated him and the reputation they gave him). People don't like the Batman because Batman in the show just doesn't match up with the dark Batman in the DCAU and the comics.

Here is the real reason why people hate The Batman:

They don't hate it.

They like it in dark episodes like in Strange Minds for example or the DTV The Batman vs. Dracula.

They think they hate it because its "not like BTAS and the people who are making it are destroying it" and that ain't true. TB is meant to override the greatness that is BTAS and the people involve in TB not only love the show and are fans of it, but some worked on it (even TNBA).

The truth is: this show has a huge shadow on it: BTAS. Fans of BTAS think WB threw away BTAS and all its brillance that came from it, and that ain't the case. Shows like the rest of the DCAU (which TB is a DCAU) and animated realism from BTAS went into shows like today like X-Men: Evolution. Remember the cartoons before BTAS? How old and "grainy" they were, would you want that?

And BTAS nor the whole Timmverse aren't gone, you have those DVDs and they are remembered, like I said on how its animation inspired every show that came after it.

The truth is maybe that those TB-haters can't even let go or can't see that TB not only isn't , it doesn't have to be BTAS all over again. You can maybe say that there's nothing wrong except in their heads.

Since it debut the show has been getting mixed reviews, but we all know the truth: TB has the huge shadow of BTAS. And that's why people SAY they hate it. Some probably want TB to be like BTAS, and it doesn't have to be. Other are probably afraid that TB is replacing BTAS, and that ain't the case.

And people might think TB won't be dark to suit those fans, but except for the DTV which was dark, since its debut the show has become dark and maturing episode by episode.

A BTAS fan love this and so does me. Others too.

There is nothing wrong with this show. Just watch it and say to yourself: "It AIN'T replacing BTAS, it doesn't HAVE to be like BTAS, IT'S ITS OWN SHOW."

Binker said:
Here is the real reason why people hate The Batman:

They don't hate it.

They like it in dark episodes like in Strange Minds for example or the DTV The Batman vs. Dracula.

If more episodes were done like TBvD, then a hell of a lot more people would like the Batman.

They think they hate it because its "not like BTAS and the people who are making it are destroying it" and that ain't true. TB is meant to override the greatness that is BTAS and the people involve in TB not only love the show and are fans of it, but some worked on it (even TNBA).

The truth is: this show has a huge shadow on it: BTAS. Fans of BTAS think WB threw away BTAS and all its brillance that came from it, and that ain't the case. Shows like the rest of the DCAU (which TB is a DCAU) and animated realism from BTAS went into shows like today like X-Men: Evolution. Remember the cartoons before BTAS? How old and "grainy" they were, would you want that?

And BTAS nor the whole Timmverse aren't gone, you have those DVDs and they are remembered, like I said on how its animation inspired every show that came after it.

The truth is maybe that those TB-haters can't even let go or can't see that TB not only isn't , it doesn't have to be BTAS all over again. You can maybe say that there's nothing wrong except in their heads.

Since it debut the show has been getting mixed reviews, but we all know the truth: TB has the huge shadow of BTAS. And that's why people SAY they hate it. Some probably want TB to be like BTAS, and it doesn't have to be. Other are probably afraid that TB is replacing BTAS, and that ain't the case.

And people might think TB won't be dark to suit those fans, but except for the DTV which was dark, since its debut the show has become dark and maturing episode by episode.

A BTAS fan love this and so does me. Others too.

There is nothing wrong with this show. Just watch it and say to yourself: "It AIN'T replacing BTAS, it doesn't HAVE to be like BTAS, IT'S ITS OWN SHOW."
Nope, its basically because the show isn't dark enough, the writing is cringeworthy at times, most of the voice acting sucks, and bastardized a few characters such as Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Man-Bat, and others.

Clayface was tragic, Mr. Freeze was a villian which HE IS in the comics, Man-Bat is a vampire bat and LOOKS like a bat unlike the BTAS version.

TB is slightly dark by some episodes but the censors are in the way of showing its true protential as seen in TBvD. But at least we see.....half or even most of darkness in this show. Remember Strange Minds? Skulls and a story taken from "The Cell". And recently in "The Apprentice", Joker is starting to become dark. I mean he threatened to acid a kid, A KID!

Look, why are we fighting? TB is a good show.

Jeez, it is a good show.

Even BTAS fans watch it and like it.

Your opinion is its a good show. My opinion is that it sucks hard. Where are these BTAS fans that like The Batman as well? Either way that doesnt make the show good, it just means theyve submitted themselves to lower standards.

Look; no matter what you guys say, this show still is becoming more than it started back in Sept. 2004. Its becoming dark, the stories are good, even the DTV was awesome. And the people behind it are fans of the Dark Knight and even some worked on TNBA.

Do you know who gave Matsuda the idea of having Barbara Gordon and Ivy friends? Bruce Timm. Even Matsuda wants to treat Two Face right and wanted to get rid of the one-liners of before.

These people are as good as Timm and co.

IT'S HERE TO STAY, DEAL WITH IT.

Man, I hate how everytime I express my intense hatred of this show, people accuse me of comparing it to BTAS or being a BTAS fanboy or something like that. My hatred of this show is in no way related to BTAS. See, some of you may forget that The Batman is actually based on a widely successful comic book character. I compare The Batman to the comics, and that's why I hate it. The comic books were awesome (at least, the comics from a certain era are awesome), and this show is terrible. I cringe every time I see this shows "Batman" move lightning speed to the other side of a villain. This isn't The Flash or Superman!! He has no superpowers! They are destorying the very concept of Batman by making him this way. And of course, what kind of Batman lets his sidekick get away with endangering his own life. Batman doens't take that crap. You screw up on the job, you're fired. He's fired many sidekicks for that crap. Yet in this show, it goes by without mention.

Then of course there's the hideous art and character designs. The Joker looks ******ed and cant even stand upright. Not to mention he doesn't wear shoes. And his plans are terribly lame. I saw one episode where he wanted to change a statues face to look like him. Wtf?!? OMG!! The Joker screwed up our statue!! What will we do?!? So many lives lost!! And if i'm not mistake (its been a while since i saw that episode) his attempt to drive a policeman crazy in this show was to hypnotize him or some crap. Whereas in the comics, he shoots Gordons daughter then shows him pictures of her naked and dying while midgets beat him on a roller coaster. And yeah, i get that it's a kids cartoon and they cant do all that stuff, which is exactly why this show should not exist.

Binker said:
Look; no matter what you guys say, this show still is becoming more than it started back in Sept. 2004. Its becoming dark, the stories are good, even the DTV was awesome. And the people behind it are fans of the Dark Knight and even some worked on TNBA.

Do you know who gave Matsuda the idea of having Barbara Gordon and Ivy friends? Bruce Timm. Even Matsuda wants to treat Two Face right and wanted to get rid of the one-liners of before.

These people are as good as Timm and co.

IT'S HERE TO STAY, DEAL WITH IT.

This whole post is laughable. You saying the team behind The Batman is as good as the crew behind BTAS is appaling. BTAS won countless awards including Emmy's and was praised critically. The Batman has not and probably will never reach the high level quality and production values of BTAS. Its fine that you accept a show with horrible animation and character designs. Dumb downed characters and little to no plot episdoe after episode but dont expect everyone to like it. Id rather watch high quality animation.

This whole post is laughable. You saying the team behind The Batman is as good as the crew behind BTAS is appaling. BTAS won countless awards including Emmy's and was praised critically. The Batman has not and probably will never reach the high level quality and production values of BTAS. Its fine that you accept a show with horrible animation and character designs. Dumb downed characters and little to no plot episdoe after episode but dont expect everyone to like it. Id rather watch high quality animation.

Binker said:
Jeez, it is a good show.

Even BTAS fans watch it and like it.

If it was such a good show them how come a lot of people are complaining about it? :confused:

Katsuro said:
Man, I hate how everytime I express my intense hatred of this show, people accuse me of comparing it to BTAS or being a BTAS fanboy or something like that. My hatred of this show is in no way related to BTAS. See, some of you may forget that The Batman is actually based on a widely successful comic book character. I compare The Batman to the comics, and that's why I hate it. The comic books were awesome (at least, the comics from a certain era are awesome), and this show is terrible. I cringe every time I see this shows "Batman" move lightning speed to the other side of a villain. This isn't The Flash or Superman!! He has no superpowers! They are destorying the very concept of Batman by making him this way. And of course, what kind of Batman lets his sidekick get away with endangering his own life. Batman doens't take that crap. You screw up on the job, you're fired. He's fired many sidekicks for that crap. Yet in this show, it goes by without mention.

Then of course there's the hideous art and character designs. The Joker looks ******ed and cant even stand upright. Not to mention he doesn't wear shoes. And his plans are terribly lame. I saw one episode where he wanted to change a statues face to look like him. Wtf?!? OMG!! The Joker screwed up our statue!! What will we do?!? So many lives lost!! And if i'm not mistake (its been a while since i saw that episode) his attempt to drive a policeman crazy in this show was to hypnotize him or some crap. Whereas in the comics, he shoots Gordons daughter then shows him pictures of her naked and dying while midgets beat him on a roller coaster. And yeah, i get that it's a kids cartoon and they cant do all that stuff, which is exactly why this show should not exist.

I heard somewhere that someone compared TB to manga. That would explain those moves he makes. Plus, I read Batman: Child of Dreams, a Batman manga and just what? He works for a manga comic.

I would normally say censors is why we're not seeing anythign TAT dark from the comics. But your examples of Joker is only from Season One, the season which while it was difficult for people to start on this new show, it had problems. Joker since then has changed.

If you are saying 100% of Joker in TB isn't what Joker is then what he is in the show as a crazed maniac isn't right then.

Darthphere said:

Annie AwardsYearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s)2006NominatedAnnieBest Animated Television Production

Best Music in an Animated Television Production

Thomas Chase
For episode "The Laughing Bat".

Best Home Entertainment Production
The Batman vs. Dracula

Daytime Emmy AwardsYearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s)2006NominatedDaytime EmmyOutstanding Special Class Animated Program
Outstanding Achievement in Sound Editing - Live Action and Animation

2005WonDaytime EmmyOutstanding Achievement in Sound Editing - Live Action and Animation
Thomas Syslo (supervising sound editor)
Timothy Borquez (supervising sound editor)
Keith Dickens (sound editor)
Jeff Hutchins (sound editor)
Doug Andorka (sound editor)
Eric Freeman (sound editor)
Daisuke Sawa (sound editor)
Roy Braverman (sound editor)
Mark Howlett (sound editor)
Mark Keatts (dialogue editor)
Mark Keefer (dialogue editor)
Mike Garcia (dialogue editor)

Tied with "Xiaolin Showdown."
2005NominatedDaytime EmmyOutstanding Achievement in Music Direction and Composition
Thomas Chase (composer)

Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program
Kevin Michael Richardson

Outstanding Special Class Animated Program
Sander Schwartz (executive producer)
Alan Burnett (executive producer)
Duane Capizzi (supervising producer)
Michael Goguen (supervising producer)
Jeff Matsuda (producer)
Linda M. Steiner (producer)
Glen Murakami (producer)
Adam Beechen (writer)
Steven Melching (writer)
Seung Eun Kim (director)
Brandon Vietti (director)
Sam Liu (director)
Ginny McSwain (director)

Motion Picture Sound Editors, USA
YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s)2005NominatedGolden Reel AwardBest Sound Editing in Television Animation
Thomas Syslo (supervising sound editor)
Timothy Borquez (supervising sound editor)
Mark Keatts (supervising dialogue editor)
Roy Braverman (sound editor)
Jeff Hutchins (sound editor)
Keith Dickens (sound editor)
Eric Freeman (sound editor)
Doug Andorka (sound editor)
Mark Keefer (dialogue editor)
Michael Garcia (adr editor)
Daisuke Sawa (foley editor)
For episode "The Big Chill".

Cinema Audio Society, USA
YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s)
2006NominatedC.A.S. AwardOutstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for DVD Original Programming
The Batman vs. Dracula

You were saying...

If it was such a good show them how come a lot of people are complaining about it?

Well let me ask this; what do you think of these episodes: Rubberface of Comedy, Clayface of Tragedy, Riddled, Meltdown, Strange Minds, The Laughing Bat, Night and the City, Batgirl Begins (both parts), Fistful of Felt, Fluers du Mal, The Apprentice, and TBvD?

Binker said:

Well let me ask this; what do you think of these episodes: Rubberface of Comedy, Clayface of Tragedy, Riddled, Meltdown, Strange Minds, The Laughing Bat, Night and the City, Batgirl Begins (both parts), Fistful of Felt, Fluers du Mal, The Apprentice, and TBvD?

I didn't see all of those episodes yet

Then I would guess you don't have an opinion of good or bad for this show then.

Well just b/c I haven't seen all of the episodes doesn't mean I have an opinion on it.Look, the show isn't horrible but it is disappointing and weird

How is it disappointing and weird?

I don't know but maybe the reasons behind it being disappointing is because you not seeing many episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"