The Dark Knight Rises Why no new batsuit?

Yes there was.

If it took Lucius less than a year to engineer a new batsuit, and 8 years to create the Batwing, then in that time he could have definitely engineered a great new innovative batsuit.

And it is necessary because Batman was shot by Dent, and was stabbed by the Joker several times. Oh, and at the end, what does Talia do to Batman that could have been prevented with a new batsuit?

Plot holes, plot holes, plot holes...

What? Wouldn't that just be going back to a Batman Begins-style suit which would be resistant to those things?

"Plot holes" is thrown around way too loosely here.

What? Wouldn't that just be going back to a Batman Begins-style suit which would be resistant to those things?

"Plot holes" is thrown around way too loosely here.
Yeah, but in 8 years, Lucius could have engineered a batsuit that was both flexible AND resilient.

He didn't, and Batman paid for it with another stab to the body.

If Lucius has got time to make an aircraft then he's got time to make a new suit too. It's a plot hole to me.

Yeah, but in 8 years, Lucius could have engineered a batsuit that was both flexible AND resilient.

He didn't, and Batman paid for it with another stab to the body.

If Lucius has got time to make an aircraft then he's got time to make a new suit too. It's a plot hole to me.

Nope. I doubt he could have done that without resorting to a Batman Begins-type suit.

Either that... or a 100% kevlar suit...

:woot:

Wow. Maybe Bruce liked the suit? Maybe he didn't want a knew one. Maybe, with his order of 10000 cowls and "obviously" multiple copies of the suit stashed here and there, he didn't want to bother getting a new one?

Ignoring any one number of easy narrative reasons to come up with, production-wise it just wasn't necessary either. The suit they made for TDK obviously addressed whatever needs Christopher and Christian wanted to fill, and neither one of them wanted the change. What's wrong with that? WB's still selling a s*** ton of toys, people are still buying the Hot Toys figures, so it obviously is just not warranted.

Wow. Maybe Bruce liked the suit? Maybe he didn't want a knew one. Maybe, with his order of 10000 cowls and "obviously" multiple copies of the suit stashed here and there, he didn't want to bother getting a new one?

Ignoring any one number of easy narrative reasons to come up with, production-wise it just wasn't necessary either. The suit they made for TDK obviously addressed whatever needs Christopher and Christian wanted to fill, and neither one of them wanted the change. What's wrong with that? WB's still selling a s*** ton of toys, people are still buying the Hot Toys figures, so it obviously is just not warranted.
It's seriously stupid if the reason they did not make a new batsuit was for merchandise related reasons.

Oh, and I'm sure Bruce liked his batmobile, and didn't want to bother getting a new one, hell, an aircraft for that matter either. Lucius id it for him.

By the way Troy Parker, I'm not saying DKR is riddled with plot holes, quite the contrary. That's where Mass Effect 3 is at.

This is just one of the few that DKR has, but it is not overloaded with them.

Look, I understand you wanted a new suit. You like suits. But it's not a plot hole, it's not a flaw, and it's just not needed. You didn't get a different suit. It's really not a big deal.

BTW, I think any reason based on merchandise is stupid. My point was that there was no real reason to change what was being used. It changed from BB to TDK because, despite the improvements of the previous methods used to make the movie suit, it still wasn't good enough. That was folded into the narrative of the movie. They (Nolan, Bale, and Flemming) were happy with the TDK suit, and didn't have a need to change it. That works perfectly in the narrative of the story.

Did they show the bunker in DKR? If they didn't then we're just leading on with assumptions that Bruce had separate suits.

01347__article-2161679-13B003CD000005DC-175_634x295.jpg

The "do you remember where you parked" scene was in the bunker. You can barely see the back of the armory itself over Lucius's shoulder in that picture. They show the full armory opening just before that, though.

KBZ

Last edited:
Look, I understand you wanted a new suit. You like suits. But it's not a plot hole, it's not a flaw, and it's just not needed. You didn't get a different suit. It's really not a big deal.

BTW, I think any reason based on merchandise is stupid. My point was that there was no real reason to change what was being used. It changed from BB to TDK because, despite the improvements of the previous methods used to make the movie suit, it still wasn't good enough. That was folded into the narrative of the movie. They (Nolan, Bale, and Flemming) were happy with the TDK suit, and didn't have a need to change it. That works perfectly in the narrative of the story.
No no no you don't understand :oldrazz: I liked TDK batsuit, and I liked it even more in DKR from what I pointed out earlier, it looks even better since we see him in the light.

HOWEVER, it is a plot hole because:

In TDK, Bruce requested a new batsuit because although his old one was rugged, it was too stiff. So he gets a new one, but like Lucius himself says, there is a tradeoff; vulnerability to knives & gunfire.

And the tradeoff does not go unwarranted, as Batman is stabbed in the torso multiple times by Joker AND shot in the abdomen by 2Face. For the latter, isn't this the reason why Bruce has to use a damn cane? How can anyone say a more efficient batsuit would be unnecessary?

But in 8 years, Lucius has a surprise to show Bruce: the Batwing. I think it is safe to assume that Lucius did this because of what happened to the Batmobile. For this very same reason, Lucius could have also been developing a brand new batsuit.

Like it or not man, this is a viable plot hole. But I am not saying that it hurts the movie, or that it is riddled with plot holes. Just simply pointing out the fact that there is no batsuit is one.

And the tradeoff does not go unwarranted, as Batman is stabbed in the torso multiple times by Joker AND shot in the abdomen by 2Face. For the latter, isn't this the reason why Bruce has to use a damn cane? How can anyone say a more efficient batsuit would be unnecessary?

No. It had something to do with a complete lack of cartilage in his knees. That and I think a lot of his crippled status was more mental than physical.

It's not a plot hole. You think it is because it seems you wanted a new suit and didn't get one.

No. It had something to do with a complete lack of cartilage in his knees. That and I think a lot of his crippled status was more mental than physical.

It's not a plot hole.
That's just one thing then. You're ignoring everything else I said.

So it is a plot hole.
it seems you wanted a new suit and didn't get one.
did you even read this part of my post?
I liked TDK batsuit, and I liked it even more in DKR from what I pointed out earlier, it looks even better since we see him in the light.

^ which is why, in 8 years, Lucius should have gifted Bruce with a new batsuit to go along with the batwing.

Lucius creating a new batsuit to a retire Bruce Wayne who never asked for a new suit? Yah, that wasn't gonna happen.

Is it me, or did XtremelyBaneful just create this thread to make his opinion superior in that Bruce should've received a new suit when all fingers point to there being NO REASON for a new suit.

Lucius creating a new batsuit to a retire Bruce Wayne who never asked for a new suit? Yah, that wasn't gonna happen.
Lucius creating a new batwing to a retired Bruce Wayne who never asked for a new batvehicle? Yah, that happened.
Is it me, or did XtremelyBaneful just create this thread to make his opinion superior in that Bruce should've received a new suit when all fingers point to there being NO REASON for a new suit.
With a post like this, it's probably going to be the latter since apparently, none of you like to read my posts; instead, you just like to tell me that I am wrong, without even telling me why.

Lucius creating a new batwing to a retired Bruce Wayne who never asked for a new batvehicle? Yah, that happened.

Where in the hell did you think Lucius made The Bat for Bruce?

:doh:

[YT]N0MBh4rs4UY[/YT]

The Bat was already a prototype BEFORE all of this as a defensive project.

So, no, Lucius would not be creating a new batsuit for a retired Bruce Wayne.

With a post like this, it's probably going to be the latter since apparently, none of you like to read my posts; instead, you just like to tell me that I am wrong, without even telling me why.

No...it's when posters mention how it's not needed you quickly jump the gun and push your idea that there should've been a batsuit when there's no reason or justification.

I don't think its a plothole so much as they dropped the idea of Bruce evolving his suit into the perfect one. He went right back out in the suit that was clearly a bit too vulnerable to knives and gunfire.

I thought he did very well in the end for a man who had just stabbed in the gut. Seemed to brush it off with nary a second thought.

Jesus Christ... it's not a plot hole because it doesn't make sense to YOU.

:dry:

You're mad that you didn't get the suit you wanted, that's fine. Time to move on.

This is nearing the stupidity of the people who thought Bruce died in this...

:doh:

[YT]N0MBh4rs4UY[/YT]

The Bat was already a prototype BEFORE all of this as a defensive project.

So, no, Lucius would not be creating a new batsuit for a retired Bruce Wayne.

No...it's when posters mention how it's not needed you quickly jump the gun and push your idea that there should've been a batsuit when there's no reason or justification.

:up:

Do we have any proof that the TDK batsuit was created specifically for BRUCE? I mean his BB batsuit was for use for the in the military. As was the Tumbler. The Bat was for riot control or something...

I never got the impression that it was created specifically for Bruce, only offered after he got sick of the bulkier suit. Considering the TDK suit has more cons than the BB suit, I doubt Lucius would choose to offer that first.

Yes. Because he shows Lucious the schematics. And we see the pieces of it that Lucious made.

Yah, the TDK suit is specifically something Bruce sought for Lucius to create while the BB suit, the weapons, the vehicles were all created beforehand due from different projects and what not tied with Wayne Enterprises.

Although, to add on to the fact that TDKR didn't get a new suit: Bruce wanted something easier for him to move in and he took the cons with the pros on his TDK suit, so I don't see any reason for why he would want a new suit. If anything, it would be cool to see him using the BB suit since the TDK suit was destroyed by Bane, but I can take him having an extra TDK suit inside the bunker.

I think it was something about how TDK was shot as a whole, really... for example I thought the Begins suit looked extra awful at the beginning of TDK when generally speaking I preferred Batman's look in Begins over TDK. TDKR though was the best of both worlds, and pretty much won me over on the TDK suit.

For me it's:
TDK (TDKR) Suit > Begins (BB) Suit> TDK (TDK) Suit > Begins (TDK) Suit.

Sorry for how confusing that is... :hehe:

I agree. The suit in TDKR is the same design as TDK but its looks so much better.

Gee, I dunno, maybe when HE dubbed it the Bat???

I saw that video, and nothing in it gives me the idea that it was in development before TDK. And even if it was a prototype, it was completed by then and why would Lucius take to introducing Bruce to it 8 years later during peace time?!

Jesus Christ... it's not a plot hole because it doesn't make sense to YOU.

:dry:

You're mad that you didn't get the suit you wanted, that's fine. Time to move on.

This is nearing the stupidity of the people who thought Bruce died in this...
JESUS CHRIST, it does not stop being a plot hole because YOU say so. I'm not moving on, clearly because you think I wanted a new batsuit when I said several times, I did not.

The comprehension of some of you really surprises and saddens me. This is not the discussion I wanted to have.

1. If you tell me that after 8 years of peace time, there is no need for Batman, and therefore, no need for a new batsuit, then I say:

Well, there has been 8 years of peace time, so there is no need for a Batman, and therefore, no need for a new batvehicle. And if you're gonna say that the Batwing was in production since before BB, then it would create another plot hole to see that Wayne Enterprises has not made any technical advancements in 8 years.

2. If you tell me that with the Batmobile demolished, Batman needs another, newer batvehicle with more protection than the Batpod, then I say:

Well, with Batman taking multiple stabs from the Joker AND a straight shot to the gut by 2Face, then he definitely needs a new batsuit with more protection.

3. If you tell me that this makes no sense and I just want to see a new batsuit, then I say:

No, as I've already stated, I like TDK suit, and I liked it even better in DKR because we get better looks at it in the light.

4. If you tell me that I am just nitpicking plot holes and that the term is overused in this forum, then I say:

No, quite the contrary; this is not Mass Effect 3. I do not believe, at all, for one second that this film is filled with plot holes, but this definitely is one.

You don't need to attack me. I feel as if you just feel the need to. You can be friendly. We're on the same side here. I loved DKR, I gave it a great review, but it does not go without flaws.

Gee, I dunno, maybe when HE dubbed it the Bat???

I saw that video, and nothing in it gives me the idea that it was in development before TDK. And even if it was a prototype, it was completed by then and why would Lucius take to introducing Bruce to it 8 years later during peace time?!

Maybe because he was just reminded of a bat when he first encountered the vehicle? Heck, if you recall, the Tumbler stayed as the Tumbler when Bruce started to use it, so obviously it was thought of as The Bat before he showed it to Bruce or brought it up.

And why would Lucius show the vehicle to Bruce? Because he's been away from Wayne Enterprises for three years supposedly.

1. If you tell me that after 8 years of peace time, there is no need for Batman, and therefore, no need for a new batsuit, then I say:

Well, there has been 8 years of peace time, so there is no need for a Batman, and therefore, no need for a new batvehicle. And if you're gonna say that the Batwing was in production since before BB, then it would create another plot hole to see that Wayne Enterprises has not made any technical advancements in 8 years.

And there wasn't a batvehicle that was created for Batman in the first place. There was never a vehicle created specifically for Batman in Nolan's films.

I am not saying The Bat was created before BB, but it was obviously created for OTHER reasons than being for Bruce Wayne.

2. If you tell me that with the Batmobile demolished, Batman needs another, newer batvehicle with more protection than the Batpod, then I say:

Well, with Batman taking multiple stabs from the Joker AND a straight shot to the gut by 2Face, then he definitely needs a new batsuit with more protection.

He knew the costs of the suit already, but Bruce needed something lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"