Why, Raimi? Why?

SsM said:
I dont really see how you can give a guy like carnage depth or make him sympathetic... I mean.. In the comics you can clearly see they try to give him character depth by explaining his abusive father etc... but thats so cliche :x

I didnt say make his character sympathetic, I just said give him depth.

Symbiotica said:
Are you not a Grace/Venom "cheerleader"? I thought I remembered you being one... If so, I think I'll pass on your ideas of how best to flesh out Carnage, thanks. :)

As a serious, knowledgable and longtime Carnage fan the only request I can make is this: Sony/Raimi/Marvel, please stick to destroying Venom onscreen, and leave Carnage out of the equation. You've got your little mitts on the one, leave the other alone.

Everyone can say what they want about "six films," cramming this many characters and plotlines into one film just screams "LAST HOORAH!" to me, as in, better get 'em in now... because this is our last chance. Odd that they would do that, is it not? If they really have 6 more films lined up.

Umm...you dont even know what my ideas are. You wouldnt want Carnage to have depth? Without some tweaking of that sort he would be kinda shallow compared to other villians. I'm not exactly a championer of Grace as Brock (especially since I dont want Brock yet in the first place) but he's a good actor and I'll give him a chance. Anyone who's only seen him in That 70's Show really shouldnt talk. But yeah you're right they may have changed their minds and decided to only have 3 films, which in that case I would say they made another crappy decision.

Man, I wanted:

Movie 1: Green Goblin
Movie 2: Doc Ock
Movie 3: Shocker, Sandman, Green Goblin II (Main)
Movie 4: Lizard, Kraven (Kraven and Spider-man race to get the Lizard first) Spider-man Discovers the Black suit at the end.
Movie 5: Electro, Kingpin (If the Movie rights to Kingpin could be bought out by then, because if Daredevil doesn't have a sequel by then, they shouldn't be hard for Soney to get.) Spidey uses the suit to beat Electro, and employs the help of a healed Conners to get it off.
Movie 6: Venom

-R

Robin91939 said:
Man, I wanted:

Movie 1: Green Goblin
Movie 2: Doc Ock
Movie 3: Shocker, Sandman, Green Goblin II (Main)
Movie 4: Lizard, Kraven (Kraven and Spider-man race to get the Lizard first) Spider-man Discovers the Black suit at the end.
Movie 5: Electro, Kingpin (If the Movie rights to Kingpin could be bought out by then, because if Daredevil doesn't have a sequel by then, they shouldn't be hard for Soney to get.) Spidey uses the suit to beat Electro, and employs the help of a healed Conners to get it off.
Movie 6: Venom

-R

I wanted:

SM1 - GG
SM2 - Doc Ock
SM3 - GG2 and Sandman
SM4 - Kraven and Lizard
SM5 - Venom
SM6 - Carnage

OR

SM5 - Venom and Carnage
SM6 - Sinister Six

I always imagined that Venom would be in the last movie, with some build up, and the horrors that he would releash onto parker would make him retire as spiderman.

I wanted:
SM1: Lizard
SM2: GG1
SM3: Doc Ock
SM4: GG2, Scorpion (hired and created by harry to stop spiderman) Black Suit appears and is removed after harrys death
SM5: Kraven, Electro, hints of venom (with Kraven hunting audience would think the crazy occurences would be him, Electro other villian since spiderman needs a reason to go out, plus imagine how cool a fight with them in it would be, the lighting and all)
SM6: Vulture (very begining), Venom and that would end the series

Truthteller said:
I still want to see The Lizard dammit.

Agreed. Venom could wait.

^Now the Lizard gets to be the main villain in S-M4,and Venom could of got that if the fans would of had some patience,now he won't even be a main villain in S-M3:)

CConn said:
How about we wait until the movie's actually out before we start damning Raimi to hell?

I mean we waited years before we did anything about Hitler's expansionist and illegal activities, and look what came of that.

...okay, maybe that wasn't such a good example.

Here here. Too many naysayers 'round here.

CConn said:
How about we wait until the movie's actually out before we start damning Raimi to hell?

I mean we waited years before we did anything about Hitler's expansionist and illegal activities, and look what came of that.

...okay, maybe that wasn't such a good example.

ITS NEVER TOO EARLY. im already pissed about the 09 election. howard stern, i thought he was joking. did it in response to walkens running. damnit

I'm still not 100% on Venom and not saying I want him in this movie or not, but what would be the lesser of two evils; Venom in this movie with Raimi who (for the most part) will respect the character's origins and not ruin him or wait for a later movie with a different director who will just slap him in the movie and call it a day?

Carnage, when and if he shows up, doesn't automatically need depth if Venom returns, assuming that in part 3 Venom is only a minor villain.

I don't believe Raimi would bring Venom in if he wasn't absolutely sure he could do it good.

You know Raimi didn't know there was going to be 3 more movies untill after this movie had been in development for like a year. Originally Sony told him to wrap everything up in this movie. It's possible that Raimi simply chose Venom to make sure we at least got to see him before the franchise ended.
You know with everything Raimi was dealt he did incredible. think about it. you got 3 movies and 3 movies only to tell the best elements from the comics. you need to dazzle non comic fans, dazzle comic fans, and minimize how pissed off moronic fanboys get. You want to at least get the early days in there with Harry, Green Goblin, and Dock OCk. But at the same time, wouldn't it be immoral to do all 3 movies and not let us get a glimpse of Venom on the big screen? Raimi was under the impression that he couldn't have it all, so he simply had to pick and choose, and cut his losses, and rush through part 2 with only two years, and really he probably made the best choices he could. Marvel wanted MJ in there, so Raimi stuck her in there, but he made her into Gwen.

You haters should really be thanking Raimi. You guys are ungrateful, hateful, and disrespectful! Quit acting like spoiled brats. :marv:

Spider-Bite said:
You know Raimi didn't know there was going to be 3 more movies untill after this movie had been in development for like a year. Originally Sony told him to wrap everything up in this movie. It's possible that Raimi simply chose Venom to make sure we at least got to see him before the franchise ended.

The haters should chill a little here. We all know this movie is going to at least win a couple awards.

Actually the 6 film plan was announced shortly after SM2, so Raimi has known about it.

Nebins said:
I'm still not 100% on Venom and not saying I want him in this movie or not, but what would be the lesser of two evils; Venom in this movie with Raimi who (for the most part) will respect the character's origins and not ruin him or wait for a later movie with a different director who will just slap him in the movie and call it a day?

Well who says they'll get a bad director after 3?

tonytr1687 said:
Actually the 6 film plan was announced shortly after SM2, so Raimi has known about it.

no it wasn't. and pre-production on 3 began before two was even in theatres. I'll prove it in a minute with links.

Spider-Bite said:
no it wasn't. and pre-production on 3 began before two was even in theatres. I'll prove it in a minute with links.

True, but it would've began very shortly before SM2's release. So therefore there wasnt much time in between when pre-production began and when Sony made their announcement, meaning Raimi could've easily changed what he was doing. And presumably Raimi would've known about the 6-film plan even before the announcement.

i couldn't pick one quote because i would have to quote all of you morons...are you going to start questioning rami now? after what he has done? he has the first big time superhero franchise(i.e. batman, superman, xmen, spiderman, daredevil, hulk) that does not need to be remade, he has the best run franchise since the original star wars, and indiana jones trilogies....say what you want about venom, who gives peter parker and emotional battle to fight with, and should shell out some impressive action....but leave rami alone he will make this movie sweet, and make the story sweet, i have full confidence in his choice as casting topher grace as brock, i disagreed with most all of the major castings originally except dafoe as goblin, and they have all turned out fantastic...why rami why, because he is a brilliant filmmaker thats why

tonytr1687 said:
True, but it would've began very shortly before SM2's release. So therefore there wasnt much time in between when pre-production began and when Sony made their announcement, meaning Raimi could've easily changed what he was doing. And presumably Raimi would've known about the 6-film plan even before the announcement.

It was in pre-production for over a year already. It would have costed millions to change it then, and the movie would end up being released an extra year later. they would have had to start over from scratch with casting, scripts, stories, and pre-production on the villains, costumes, movements, experimental CGI and everything.

L0ngsh0t said:
i couldn't pick one quote because i would have to quote all of you morons...are you going to start questioning rami now? after what he has done? he has the first big time superhero franchise(i.e. batman, superman, xmen, spiderman, daredevil, hulk) that does not need to be remade, he has the best run franchise since the original star wars, and indiana jones trilogies....say what you want about venom, who gives peter parker and emotional battle to fight with, and should shell out some impressive action....but leave rami alone he will make this movie sweet, and make the story sweet, i have full confidence in his choice as casting topher grace as brock, i disagreed with most all of the major castings originally except dafoe as goblin, and they have all turned out fantastic...why rami why, because he is a brilliant filmmaker thats why

some of these guys have no concept of how the world works.

tonytr1687 said:
Well who says they'll get a bad director after 3?

I'm not saying it will be a bad director but Sony will probably get the idea that the last three made so much money they could have Spiderman battle a turd and still turn a profit. I think after Raimi leaves the movies will go downhill.

It's true. Same thing happened with the Batman movies. they knew it would still make profit so they didnt care if they sucked. they knew the name would sell.

the same thing would happen with spider-man. Raimi is the only reason they don't suck, becaue he refuses to let them suck.

tonytr1687 said:
Well yeah maybe I exaggerated, I dont love Venom but I like him and believe that along with GG and Ock he is one of the few villians who should have a movie all to himself. About Carnage, yeah he kinda sucked in the comics but if they changed him a little and gave him more depth (I myself have some ideas on how to do this) he could be an awesome villian on film.

if you knew anything about Carnage you would know he has as much depth as any other killer in any other movie.

hk_spyke said:
if you knew anything about Carnage you would know he has as much depth as any other killer in any other movie.

He's entertaining, but he doesn't have that much depth.

i don't want carnage in a movie cause they would have to tone him down to much and that would make him suck

Spider-Bite said:
He's entertaining, but he doesn't have that much depth.

"not much depth" how so? he's not unlike the joker but you don't hear anyone saying the same thing about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"