Why, Raimi? Why?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by tonytr1687, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Jubba Registered

they could do something where a bullet goes through venom's symbiote and take a piece with it to a bystander or several and they all start to turn into symbiotes and have one clearly become carnage and then have venom take the symbiote back saying something clever like "we don't like to share" or possibly more clever

2. Spider-Bite Registered

the Joker had Bats right where he wanted him and spared him, because he enjoys the games. Joker thinks up cool plots and plans to do his evil bidding. Carnage is just strong and fast and likes to kill people with no motivation or plans at all.

3. hk_spyke Registered

that's the point hence the name "Carnage". makes him more dangerous then any other villain. plus there's lots of histroy to explain why he's the way he is. it's just all over the place in all the comics he's been in. when does the joker ever had batman at his mercy? ever comic i've ever seen has batman beating the living crap out of the joker. "cool plots"? id the joker didn't kill robin 2 and gordon's wife and shoot and put batgirl in a wheelchair he'd suck as a villain. sure he likes the game but it's only cause batman won't kill him that the game goes on. that point is in the comic over and over again.

4. Spider-Bite Registered

dangerous doesn't mean anything. Hulk is dangerous and he sucks. besides he's not the most dangerous.

What history? they never showed any history.

5. hk_spyke Registered

i don't remember very part in every comic but he did say his mother
    molested him somewhere and there's a few things in the maximum carnage story arc, the carnage one shot "it's a wonderful life" and "mind bomb". and i found this qutoe....

"A note on his childhood, Cletus believes that he killed his father, who apparently killed the boy's mother when she tried to attack him, though, being totally insane, he is a bit unclear on the exact details. It is also unclear on Cletus' relationship with his mother, as he seems to have feelings for her, causing him to dig up her grave at the end of Maximum Carnage. He also revealed that he killed his grandmother when he was younger, pushing her down a flight of stairs."

it's there in pieces

6. Spider-Bite Registered

I think Kletus should be kind of like Hannibal before getting the symbiote. same kind of voice and personality and everything.

7. Darthkush Avenger

Any of you who seriously think this film series would go to 6 films are seriously deluded. Sony, Raimi, etc. all obviously want to put the most popular Spider-man villains in here before this franchise ends. Will it make enough money to make 6 films? Probably. But will they? Not likely and if they do it will probably be with a new Spider-man actor, new director, etc. and they know we would all prefer to keep all the same cast and crew involved(which ain't gonna happen).

I think they could've had a 4th film but i'm okay with them throwing Venom in 3. Face it people, after GG and Doc Ock, Venom is the third most popular villain and DESERVES to be next especially if this was the last Spider-man film in the series. If they had a 4th one 100 percent confirmed, i would say yes set him up here and make him the main baddie of part 4, but more than likely, there won't be a 4th one at least not with the same cast and crew.

8. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

That's what I'm thinking. After Doc Ock and GG, where do you go from there? You can't take a step down, especially when there's THAT much money involved and the credibility (from the movie world perspective) at stake. So you play your best hand with three (going all out) and then you walk away white hot, instead of dragging this s*** out over six films. I just can't see them making six films, though.

9. GoldGoblin Registered

After Raimi has three vilains in S-M3(GG2,Sandman,and Venom)it would be a step down to have only one villain in S-M4.Even two would be a step down after that,wouldn't it?

I wonder what he has planned for S-M4,because it sounds like he wants to get the Goblin saga and Venom out of the way so he can do it.

10. L0ngsh0t Registered

spider man 4 is going to be a continuation of the symbiote story and have a similar styled bad guys, where i figure the main antagonists will be keltius cassidy and the carnge(in a venom like role) someone who is actually a evil human being like mysterio(who is rumored that they are setting his story up in 3 with bruce campbell) scorpion(which they could) shocker, chameleon, you know..and then there will be a bad guy with mixed feelings who is trying to fight something like GG2..and that is obviously kurt konners as the lizard, who will be a bad guy then peter/spidey will save him before the end of the movie..etc, etc...then hopefully in 5 introduce more of the insidious six, and by the time you get to spider man 6...what do you know, that works perfectly spiderman 6 he fights the insidious 6

11. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Here's the real question about Spider-Man 4:
    Will it happen? And if so, when and by whom?

12. freelancer Registered

Ditto.

13. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

This is pretty much true IMO. I wish that a fourth Spidey film could have been guaranteed, so that Venom could have been put off until then. However, there are no guarantees in Hollywood. Venom is indeed number three in the top three Spidey villains, and as much as I don't approve of that, it is predictable. :( [​IMG]

14. faceplant i have ninja like focus

who ever said there was going to be three more films?

15. Shoemeister srsly

I don't get you people. As far as I'm concerned, we know nothing more than we did 4 months ago.

Venom is all but "confirmed", yes... but we still have no idea what they're going to do with him, how Eddie Brock will be portrayed, where they're going with his story, how the other characters (particularly Gwen and Harry) will be involved, or if they'll even get to movie 6 for that matter... contractual obligations aside.

Hold your castigation for a better day... when we know much more.

16. L0ngsh0t Registered

are you a moron...you know how harry is gunna be porttrayed he's the ****ing green goblin struggling with the fact that part of him wants to get revenge on spiderman, and the fact that pet is his best friend...gwen stacy is in it becasue, they want to do more spiderman movies, and kirsten dunst dosen't want in..read between the line...mary jane dies, and gwen becomes the new love interest for the next couple movies...the reason they picked venom is in it, because eddie brock has as much depth as any character, i mean, he ****ing almost commits suicide until he becomes venom...everyone on here is way to negative with no just cause

17. hk_spyke Registered

sony said they wanted 6 movies like the star wars sega. it worked for star wars it can work for spider-man. god look how many bond movies there are. they should keep the same cast at least. but what happens happens. they will make 6 movies if they can, as long as they don't pull a "Batman and Robin"

18. SM71 bending unit

I think this is hilarious, and at the same time i don't get it. Now i know this doesnt pertain to everyone on here, but about 90% of the people on here this time last year were *****in and *****in and complainin that they wanted venom. Every thread i looked in and every post said how they wanted venom in 3 and how he HAD to be in it. Now i'm not sayin everyone, but almost everyone. And now he's in, and everyones pissed? Just except the movie for what it is, its not even out yet you shouldn't be criticizing it already. Just have fun with it and enjoy it for what its worth

19. SM71 bending unit

And this is most likely Raimi's last movie (hopefully not) so why wouldn't he want to put as much in as possible, and make it as exciting as he can? can you blame him for wanting to make possibly his last movie his best?

20. L0ngsh0t Registered

i don't think it will be ramis last though, i think if, like he said, if he is still feeling it he will do it...i think it's like this is his, no one esles, and if they where going to do 6 he would want to do all six and not let someone else ruin his legecy

21. SsM Stuff?

I added the sympathetic part myself because I've seen people say that he needs to be more sympathetic..

22. Symbiotica Registered

Try reading the actual books in question, instead of relying on some website to back up your claims.... we are never, ever, not even once told ANYWHERE that Kasady was "molested" by his mother.

Was he physically abused by her? Yes. He was not sexually molested, and if you want to post scans backing up your claim, I'd like to see 'em. They would certainly be news to me - and I own practically everything with Carnage in it.

Carnage, sympathetic?! [insert long bout of scornful laughter here] That is the funniest thing I've seen out here this week.... Carnage should be sympathetic, someone pass the smelling-salts because I feel a bout of lightheadedness coming on.

BEFORE YOU POST ON A SUBJECT, BE FAMILIAR WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER, HAVE READ A BOOK OR TWO ON THE CHARACTER FIRST... AND TALK SOME SENSE WHEN YOU *DO* POST.

Luckily, Montell, this is not going to happen so its all moot anyways. But if we want to see Hannibal, we'll ..... uhm... we'll watch a movie with Hannibal Lecter actually IN it. Kasady is nothing like Lecter - not one bit.

As you would know, if you were familiar with the character.

23. DV8 Band Loser

who? when? was is confirmed that Raimi is doing 3 more? I just haven't heard that, and I was under the impression that the actors were only under contract for 3 . . . . :confused:

24. HughJackFan420 Registered

i think they shoul've just stuck to a Venom and Lizard cliffhanger at the end of SM3 and just focus on Sandman and GG2 in SM3. but definetly bring in the symbiote suit.

25. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

A.) You can't really compare 6 Star Wars films over the course of, what, 30 years to the Spidey films because....well you can't. Two seperate storylines with SW, time periods, yatta yatta...

B.) The Bond films, for the most part, are stand alone films and kept getting pumped out cause they had all the individual books to work with, the films weren't $250 million expensive, and with different eras people could accept casting/director changes.