Why, Raimi? Why?

part 3 could have been the lizard. think about it. it would totally not be a step down. Remember the Lizard tried to turn the human race into lizards.

Imagine this spider-man has to get to this location to stop Conners from turning all of New York into a bunch of lizards. Conners has created hundreds of huge mutated lizards about the size of a boxer dog. they are fast, agile, they can climb walls, and they can jump high. And they are stopping peter from getting where he needs to be. they are chasing him through New York jumping off of walls and rooftops to get to spider-man. Spider-Man is just swarmed with these things all over his body, as he tries to continue webswinging to get where he needs to be in order to stop Conners from turning all of New York into lizards like himself. the whole time spider-man is trying not to drop the serum to cure conners.

you could bring Ock back. have possibly an awesome fight between him and the lizard and countless lizards. Harry/Green Goblin could have sent Ock to capture the lizard, because he's planning something evil himself.

in the end the only way to shut down the machine which conners built is to self destruct it from the inside killing whoever stops it.
MJ "don't"
PEte "I have to"
MJ "you'll die"
pete "I know"

Pete "i love you good bye"

pete jumps in but while he's falling green goblin pins him up against a wall.
"sleep spider" as he sprays him with the samd gas his father used in the first one.

spider-man lays there unable to move. Harry rips his mask off.

MJ "what are you going to do?"
Harry "what needs to be done"

then Harry makes the sacrifice to stop the machine.

Harry could have been behind the whole thing. He knew the way to defeat spider-man would be to make him kill himself in order to save New York. but in the end he couldn't go through with it.

It's got drama, awesome fights, an emotional pull with spidey fighting his teacher he cares about. a dramatic moment between MJ and pete.

L0ngsh0t said:
are you a moron...you know how harry is gunna be porttrayed he's the ****ing green goblin struggling with the fact that part of him wants to get revenge on spiderman, and the fact that pet is his best friend...gwen stacy is in it becasue, they want to do more spiderman movies, and kirsten dunst dosen't want in..read between the line...mary jane dies, and gwen becomes the new love interest for the next couple movies...the reason they picked venom is in it, because eddie brock has as much depth as any character, i mean, he ****ing almost commits suicide until he becomes venom...everyone on here is way to negative with no just cause

Like I said... we know nothing more than we did 4 months ago.

cmill216 said:
A.) You can't really compare 6 Star Wars films over the course of, what, 30 years to the Spidey films because....well you can't. Two seperate storylines with SW, time periods, yatta yatta...

B.) The Bond films, for the most part, are stand alone films and kept getting pumped out cause they had all the individual books to work with, the films weren't $250 million expensive, and with different eras people could accept casting/director changes.

they have plenty of comic books to work with. The bond movies didn't cost as much to make, but they didn't turn as much profit either.

Heres what I think. Venom comes in at the end but lives to be the main villain in SM4. Plenty of time to get Sandman and Harry's story in while setting up why Eddie Brock hates spidey. It's over a year till this thing comes out, no need to wine over yet. Raimi never let me down with the first 2. I don't think 3 will be any different. And when Sam's bro and Stan Lee confirmed Venom, they probably meant the alien suit would be introduced. Not actually meaning the full blown character. Raimi has a way of setting up for sequels, it show in Sm and SM2. Like I said earlier he won't disappoint the fans and he'll use Venom as the bridge for the next installment. I PROMISE YOU! Come on folks, they don't call us "True Believers" for nothing.

I think this thread went way off topic abit so i will try to bring it back on topic with my post. I think that if venom is indeed in the sm3 ( thats venom not just the sym) It will be a big mistake for the franchise. A character like venom should be on hold for when the franchise is in danger. I think the first two films were stronge enough for them to try out villians like Rhino, Shocker, Scorpion, Lizard, hobgoblin, etc.etc.. And not make the films campy. Then in the event one of them does extreamly bad you can start the venom saga and maybe a venom spin off. not only does this pace give you oppertunity to experiment with other villians but it allows time for cgi technology to develope then you will have the best technological knowledge to bring the ultimate villian to life. And possibly make this franchise the biggest in film history with 9 films......

Spawn187 said:
I think this thread went way off topic abit so i will try to bring it back on topic with my post. I think that if venom is indeed in the sm3 ( thats venom not just the sym) It will be a big mistake for the franchise. A character like venom should be on hold for when the franchise is in danger. I think the first two films were stronge enough for them to try out villians like Rhino, Shocker, Scorpion, Lizard, hobgoblin, etc.etc.. And not make the films campy. Then in the event one of them does extreamly bad you can start the venom saga and maybe a venom spin off. not only does this pace give you oppertunity to experiment with other villians but it allows time for cgi technology to develope then you will have the best technological knowledge to bring the ultimate villian to life. And possibly make this franchise the biggest in film history with 9 films......

:confused: Huh????

cmill216 said:

Venom. Too cool. Too early to be in movie. Like to see other bad guys first. Sony makey Big mastakey. Why Rami Why no venom now me likey venom later.. is that better :)

Spawn187 said:
Venom. Too cool. Too early to be in movie. Like to see other bad guys first. Sony makey Big mastakey. Why Rami Why no venom now me likey venom later.. is that better :)

I know what you said, it just didn't make much sense to me. So they follow the massive critical and financial success of SM1 and SM2 with films that have weaker villains (in terms of characters and, well, "coolness"), but even if one of the movies bombs (which NO ONE would lose there job over :rolleyes: ;) ) they can just simply bounce back with Venom? I just don't see any logic in that. Venom appeared in the 90s toon BEFORE GG, oddly enough, and right after Doc Ock. Coupling him with Sandman and GG2? Don't know if I like THAT (which might be the case). But him appearing by the third film? I don't see anything wrong with that, really. Especially if we aren't guaranteed six films.

cmill216 said:
I know what you said, it just didn't make much sense to me. So they follow the massive critical and financial success of SM1 and SM2 with films that have weaker villains (in terms of characters and, well, "coolness"), but even if one of the movies bombs (which NO ONE would lose there job over :rolleyes: ;) ) they can just simply bounce back with Venom? I just don't see any logic in that. Venom appeared in the 90s toon BEFORE GG, oddly enough, and right after Doc Ock. Coupling him with Sandman and GG2? Don't know if I like THAT (which might be the case). But him appearing by the third film? I don't see anything wrong with that, really. Especially if we aren't guaranteed six films.

I think you still not getting my point. The other villians i mention are not bad villians and if done right can add to the franchise. My point is every one knows venom is one of the best villians ever period. what happens after he is in a film. is everone going to run to see rhino or shocker No cus they got what they wanted and regardless how well a rhino movie maybe fans will always say it wasnt better than the film with venom in it. So I say why rami why didnt you hold off and give some of the other villians a chance. i hope that helps you understand my view.

Big up to kingston, and pass the cheese fries

Spawn187 said:
I think you still not getting my point. The other villians i mention are not bad villians and if done right can add to the franchise. My point is every one knows venom is one of the best villians ever period. what happens after he is in a film. is everone going to run to see rhino or shocker No cus they got what they wanted and regardless how well a rhino movie maybe fans will always say it wasnt better than the film with venom in it. So I say why rami why didnt you hold off and give some of the other villians a chance. i hope that helps you understand my view.

No, I get you loud and clear. They'd have to really come up with SERIOUSLY knockout stories, though, with villains like Mysterio and Electro, if they want to even hold a candle to the emotional grip of the GG story from SM1 and the sheer bada$$ness of the Doc in SM2.

cmill216 said:
No, I get you loud and clear. They'd have to really come up with SERIOUSLY knockout stories, though, with villains like Mysterio and Electro, if they want to even hold a candle to the emotional grip of the GG story from SM1 and the sheer bada$$ness of the Doc in SM2.

I think they can especially with a characters like mysterio and chameleon I feel the can approach the films in a M.Night shamalanalanana way given the movies more of a serious mature tone. Keep the ppl guessing what the Fudge is going on. or something.

Hey guys keep in mind Raimi is the same dude that kept the Organics thing the same dude who made Doc Ock be controlled by the tentacles but guess what he made it all work. So I am curious to see how he will make this film work? Let's try and be positive my friends. :up: Yes I hate the new suit then again I hated the organics but looked how it worked out in the end. Sam has never failed us before. Plus you all forget that the main screenwriter is Alvin Sargent. The man who wrote some of the best dialogue in the past 2 films. He's writing the WHOLE script. so dont lose faith. Just wait until May 2007.:)

spideydave said:
Hey guys keep in mind Raimi is the same dude that kept the Organics thing the same dude who made Doc Ock be controlled by the tentacles but guess what he made it all work. So I am curious to see how he will make this film work? Let's try and be positive my friends. :up: Yes I hate the new suit then again I hated the organics but looked how it worked out in the end. Sam has never failed us before. Plus you all forget that the main screenwriter is Alvin Sargent. The man who wrote some of the best dialogue in the past 2 films. He's writing the WHOLE script. so dont lose faith. Just wait until May 2007.:)

Good point. But arent you a little worried that after venom the intrest in spidey films will go down.

Spawn187 said:
Good point. But arent you a little worried that after venom the intrest in spidey films will go down.

^No,we have the Lizard.

blah, this must be the millionth anti-venom thread this place has had..

First off, Spidey 2 wasnt all that great of a movie..Campy, chessy at times, and ******ed ending ect.So i dont see why u guys have so much anger towards a SMALL Venom appearance..Its not like hes going to be the main villian.Everyone wanted Sandman and we got sandman, but now ppl b!tch about the stupid secondary villian who might only be in the movie for like 15 min?

If it sucks then it sucks, if its great then its great..Just PLEASE wait for the freaking movie already..These type of threads has been done to death.

spideydave said:

I agree.
I would hate it if Venom ended up in this flick, but if he is, Raimi will make it worth it and will do a good job.

I believe this movie will still deliver. I hope Venom is just in the end of Spider-Man 3. We could handle Sandman and Green Goblin being the main villians with Eddie Brock and have Venom in the end which would be a good move to open another sequel with.

Meh, I'll wait for confirmation. However, I'll wait for the finished product before I say "proof of disappointment to come."

Also, I note that Arad and Sony were pushing for Venom hard on Raimi. Action figures sale. Hopefully, Raimi will make it work though.

I can't wait to get that Sandman action figure!

After the last 2 films,I have trust and faith in Raimi to put out another great film.

Some stuff about this film may have me puzzled but I would be lying if I didn't say Im not excited as hell for it.With stuff like GG2,Gwen,Sandman,black costume and Venom how can you not be.

Symbiotica said:
Try reading the actual books in question, instead of relying on some website to back up your claims.... we are never, ever, not even once told ANYWHERE that Kasady was "molested" by his mother.

Was he physically abused by her? Yes. He was not sexually molested, and if you want to post scans backing up your claim, I'd like to see 'em. They would certainly be news to me - and I own practically everything with Carnage in it.

ok sorry it was his dad. it was in "Spider-Man and Batman". i don't have a scanner. but here's the qutoe.

"But isn't that what you want to hear Doctor? That I was a poor Abused child?. That my mother beat me?. my father molested me?. That I was tortured and hung by my ankles over a pit of broken glass?. well maybe that's all true."

you say you have all the carnage comics so look it up it's in the begining. oh and by the way i do have them all. so maybe you should know what your talking about instad of peaching it to everyone else. and i did read them all but like i said i didn't remember everything so i didn't want to read them all again to find all the points so i put up that qutoe from Wikipedia.

hk_spyke said:
ok sorry it was his dad. it was in "Spider-Man and Batman". i don't have a scanner. but here's the qutoe.

"But isn't that what you want to hear Doctor? That I was a poor Abused child?. That my mother beat me?. my father molested me?. That I was tortured and hung by my ankles over a pit of broken glass?. well maybe that's all true."

you say you have all the carnage comics so look it up it's in the begining. oh and by the way i do have them all. so maybe you should know what your talking about instad of peaching it to everyone else. and i did read them all but like i said i didn't remember everything so i didn't want to read them all again to find all the points so i put up that qutoe from Wikipedia.

the writer of that story though said this story was not in continuation with the regular titles. they chose for it not to be in continuation because the clone saga was still going on then. But even if it had, that doesn't mean it actually happened. He was just toying with the doctor. That was a good issue. I liked it. It was definitely Mark Bagley at his finest.

Spider-Bite said:
the writer of that story though said this story was not in continuation with the regular titles. they chose for it not to be in continuation because the clone saga was still going on then. But even if it had, that doesn't mean it actually happened. He was just toying with the doctor. That was a good issue. I liked it. It was definitely Mark Bagley at his finest.

yeah but he said it never showed up anywhere. maybe he was maybe he wasn't who knows. but if it did happen would explain y he's nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"