Why, Raimi? Why?

Maybe by Venom, Raimi and Lee meant Brock ... and maybe, like others have said, Brock will lead to Venom in SM4. I doubt Raimi would put all those 3 villians (if indeed GG2 and venom will be in the movie with Sandman) in the film, and plus Gwen Stacy, and MJ... Its just way, way, way too much for a 2 hour film.

They should atleast say how long they think the film will run cus that would probably make some fans feel a little at eas.

Why can't we just put faith in the people behind the movie? Why?

Everyone has faith in the people behind the movie. But some have lost some faith because they don't like some of the decisions made for this one.

Yeah, this movie should have been about Harry vs. Peter, brother vs. brother, friend vs. friend. This would have been a great end to the Goblin saga.
They should have waited for the 4th one.

Tangled Web said:
Yeah, this movie should have been about Harry vs. Peter, brother vs. brother, friend vs. friend. This would have been a great end to the Goblin saga.

^Agreed.Raimi/Tobey talk about the story for Peter Parker himself in each movie is the important thing in these movies for them,not the villains.So those stories for Peter are tough to find,so why combine two of Peter's stories,when you could use one at a time,and get two movies out of it.

Part 3 should of been the brother vs brother story.It would of been juicy.
Part 4 you could of introduced the symbiote story,the evil spidey,the drunken with power story.(Where evil spidey faces Lizard and Kraven)
Part 5 you have Venom right when the movie begins,and where Sandman comes into the movie a little bit after.You wouldn't really need a story,with these two villains in the movie.

Part 6 would be the Sinister Six.

PWN3R RANGER said:
I totally would pick him over Sandman or Venom any day. :(
hell ............ no

even as crappy as sandman is........i think the lizard is so cliche:down :(

venom owns all........except for GG,GG2(comic version),carnage,and the symbiote lady(scream?)

Galactical said:
Everyone has faith in the people behind the movie. But some have lost some faith because they don't like some of the decisions made for this one.

i.e. Hulk.

i have faith in this movie cause bryce said that the second spidey movie did better than the first one but she also said that this third one is better than the other two put together.

i trust they did the right decision

GGVenomSandman said:
i have faith in this movie cause bryce said that the second spidey movie did better than the first one but she also said that this third one is better than the other two put together.

i trust they did the right decision

...It's not like she would diss the movie is it, they want people to go see it.

Damn, people.

Look at it this way.

This is Sam Raimi's last Spider-Man film. He's going out with a bang. Wouldn't you rather have Venom now, done by a pretty damn decent director(Raimi), rather than, say, Michael Bay for a future sequel? I mean, I don't know about you guys, but Sony will probably choose some pretty mediocre directors for the later films in the series, and if that is what happens, I would much rather have Raimi do Venom now than some one mess him up later.

Raimi went with Venon becasue he is an extremly popular character, probloy the most original popular spidey villian in the past 15 years of recent creation.

Now if Carnage happen to be in Spidey 4....

Uhhhh... I am so tired.

1. Grace looks perfect Brock in Raimi's vision and that is why he casted him.

2. Grace looks excellent as Brock and he can act.

3. Venom will be included as the main villian for final battle bcause of fans.

4. Venom is very effective character.

5. SM3 is the movie about Peter fighting with his dark side, so the only dark side, which we can see in him is Venom, who will be viewed as opposite side of Spidey.

Well I agree that it should have only been GG2 in this movie. In fact from the sounds of it Raimi intended only using GG2 and Sandman. But Avi Arad and Sony pressured him into using Venom as it was the end of the trilogy and he is the most popular villain out there.

And in fact I very much look forward to how Sam handles the symbiote saga as he will nail it I think. However the only vllain who seems like he'll get his full day in the sun in this movie is sandman. Harry is being regulated to second-rate as he will have 2 failed attempts at killing Peter who will then "dispose" of him like it was nothing and then return at the end to sacrifice himself for Peter....not much sense there. And then we have Venom who will be faithful to the comics and menacing and visually awesome I"m sure....

but ocnsidering he'll be in less than a third of it we won't get to see Spidey buckle and run ad be truly frightened of Eddie as he stalks him and haunts MJ. Without that he isn't as cool without Peter's fear.

I think this will be a good movie, maybe the best of the three but I think in adaptation sense that two out of three villains will not get their due though.

There is no way in hell this movie was ever going to just be about Harry.

Tangled Web said:

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think they got it right. Consider the quote at the beginning of the Comic Con trailer from Aunt May - about how seeking revenge turns you into a monster. They're not basing this film around a single plot strand, but around a theme.

Peter/Spidey will seek revenge on Sandman because he is led to believe Sandman was involved with the killing of Ben.

Harry seeks revenge on Peter/Spidey because of his father.

Brock seeks revenge on Peter for whatever reason is revealed in the film.

So essentially, the film charts the corruption that revenge has on each of these characters. And revenge warps and destroys each of them in their own way, turning them into monsters. In Brock's case, this happens in the most extreme form, turning him into a slathering, horrifying creature.

That is why I think they've left Venom's appearance to the end. Because it's the most extreme, the most shocking, the most terrifying realisation of Revenge.

And once again they're clearly focusing on character - which is why Raimi said that each villain is brought in tightly connected with the story. There are no superfluous conflicts in other words - and that adds up to one hell of a suspense-filled film.

I've had my doubts about Venom and all the other villains being crowded in, but the more I see, the more convinced I am that there's nothing to worry about...

*deep breath*

Master of Zinj said:
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think they got it right. Consider the quote at the beginning of the Comic Con trailer from Aunt May - about how seeking revenge turns you into a monster. They're not basing this film around a single plot strand, but around a theme.

Peter/Spidey will seek revenge on Sandman because he is led to believe Sandman was involved with the killing of Ben.

So essentially, the film charts the corruption that revenge has on each of these characters. And revenge warps and destroys each of them in their own way, turning them into monsters. In Brock's case, this happens in the most extreme form, turning him into a slathering, horrifying creature.

That is why I think they've left Venom's appearance to the end. Because it's the most extreme, the most shocking, the most terrifying realisation of Revenge.

And once again they're clearly focusing on character - which is why Raimi said that each villain is brought in tightly connected with the story. There are no superfluous conflicts in other words - and that adds up to one hell of a suspense-filled film.

I've had my doubts about Venom and all the other villains being crowded in, but the more I see, the more convinced I am that there's nothing to worry about...

*deep breath*

Welcome. to. the. Hype. :D

Great first post. :up:

All I want is some real ****ing tension between Spidey and Venom before they fight. Like he reveals himself first as a real threat and then shows up at Gwen's place to scare her ****less (and get back at Peter).

I also want Harry not to be a second-rate villain. The original plan Raimi hinted at was Harry and Sandman but Avi said "You have Sandman. But the *kids* really want to see Venom." And I'm sure they changed the story to eprfectly introduce him. But will this push Harry out is my question?

On the other hand it looks like Raimi ended up really enjoying dark Spidey with the symbiote now though.

Spider-man 3 shows everything like:

The dark side of the main character (symbiote)

New love interest (Gwen)

The revenge of son (Harry)

Brother against brother (Pete vs. Harry)

The meanning of family (Sandman)

And the opposite side of the main character (Eddie Broc aka Venom)

It will be one of the best Spider-man movies, believe me :up:

Master of Zinj said:

*deep breath*
:eek:

:up: :up: :up:

Master of Zinj said:

*deep breath*

:eek:

Master of Zinj said:

*deep breath*

Very good post :up:

Cinemaman said:
Uhhhh... I am so tired.

1. Grace looks perfect Brock in Raimi's vision and that is why he casted him.

2. Grace looks excellent as Brock and he can act.

3. Venom will be included as the main villian for final battle bcause of fans.

4. Venom is very effective character.

5. SM3 is the movie about Peter fighting with his dark side, so the only dark side, which we can see in him is Venom, who will be viewed as opposite side of Spidey.

*sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"