Why the Hate for this Movie?

I think DB will make at least 110 million US and 350 million world wide

I hoping for at least $100 mil domestic and $150 mil elsewhere for $250 mil WW

Though id like $150 mil domestic and $200 mill elsewhere for $350 mill WW

Worldwide it will make more than $400 mil easily. Trust me, almost everyone in know here in Venezuela knows what Dragonball is and like 30% of the people I know are fans of the show. I dont know domestically, but worldwide it will make NO LESS than $400 mil.

Alot say that, even on Boxoffice Mojo forums but i hope it doesn't

Of course fans of the series will expect the film to do well no matter if it sucks or not, they just want it to make money so they can come out with another one. Their blinded by their own anticipation. It was delayed because it would have got smashed by the competition in August. And placed in April because no other big films are planned for that month.

Of course fans of the series will expect the film to do well no matter if it sucks or not, they just want it to make money so they can come out with another one. Their blinded by their own anticipation. It was delayed because it would have got smashed by the competition in August. And placed in April because no other big films are planned for that month.

You're saying fans only care if the film makes money? :huh:

It wasnt delayed because of competition since all there was, was that ugly looking Star Wars film.

It was delayed because it needed more time in post production.

How can you be sure? How can anyone who isn't involved with the project be sure about how they feel the film will turn out?

I never said I know defiantly that this film will lack in quality, I'm just going by pics and videos that we've been given. I'm pretty sure I'll have the same opinion on this movie when a teaser is released as well.

I never said I know defiantly that this film will lack in quality, I'm just going by pics and videos that we've been given. I'm pretty sure I'll have the same opinion on this movie when a teaser is released as well.
Besides the teaser poster, nothing has been official... set photos always suck (but the fulum assassin photos were actually kinda cool).

Besides the teaser poster, nothing has been official... set photos always suck (but the fulum assassin photos were actually kinda cool).

in other words, closerframe....you can come to a positive conclusion based on what we know so far, but you can't come to a negative conclusion based on the same info. so don't even try...

Like transformers, i thought the exact same when info was being released, the film would turn out to be dreadful. But when i finally saw the movie, it turned out to be extremely mediocre. I'm not sure what the moral of this is.. oh right, my prediction turned out to be wrong.

I really liked Transformers and i didnt know anything about it beforehand

Why the hate for the film? Its quite simple.

This has little to do with the source material. Dragonball fans didnt want to see a movie that has the characters names in it. We want the manga come to life. We can seetle for them not putting in every single db adventure. We can accept some minor characters not being in the movie but completly changing the characters isnt good.

Why the hate for the film? Its quite simple.

This has little to do with the source material. Dragonball fans didnt want to see a movie that has the characters names in it. We want the manga come to life. We can seetle for them not putting in every single db adventure. We can accept some minor characters not being in the movie but completly changing the characters isnt good.
You've seen the movie? Completely changing the characters? Other then a couple of wardrobe changes, we have no idea how the characters will be portrayed. Unless you have a DeLorean we don't know about. It's based off a mixture of The King Piccolo Saga/Jr Saga, but just because the first 10 minutes of the film takes place in highschool, its unfaithful. Ridiculous.

Youd be surprised how many people say its just Dragonball in name only even though its based off the Piccolo sagas, how is that not faithful

You've seen the movie? Completely changing the characters? Other then a couple of wardrobe changes, we have no idea how the characters will be portrayed. Unless you have a DeLorean we don't know about. It's based off a mixture of The King Piccolo Saga/Jr Saga, but just because the first 10 minutes of the film takes place in highschool, its unfaithful. Ridiculous.

Well a few waldrobe changes gives you indication of what characters will be like. Chow Yuns Master Roshi, so far, looks like much younger than Master Roshi that we know, so I cant imagine him dropping an old-man perv comment to one of the female characters.

The Bulma character looks like a punk / emo girl with attitude, but does she have comic Bulma's sassyness or the ability to turn it on when she can. I also liked Bulma's comedic elements when she was stuck on Namek. But all I'm seeing now is Bulma with an attitude.

Weird most people say there most hated character was Bulma on namek

AGAIN:
didnt they said the same about Transformers 2??
dragonball could be like that, sure it can flop
but we can go the transformers way to you know...?
Michael Bay didnt did such of type movies before
and he did it great
James Wong can do the same:D
Shia Lebaouf wasnt THAT big before Transformers to
so no one can say this movie is guarented a flop
NO ONE!

i really wish people would stop comparing this movie to Transformers. they are on 2 totally different levels. i have no doubt that this movie will bring in a good amount of money, but by no means will this be nearly as successful as Transformers, financially or critically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"