Will Venom look cool or not cool, or fake, but cool?

Going on all the evidence we have so far were to movies are heading storywise and how the actors so far have resembled the classic villains and not the ultimate versions of the villains I dont think the chances of seeing Venom in the next movie are that big.

The story so far in the movies have focused on three things: First the love story between Peter and MJ. Secondly Oscorp being involved in the creation of the villains, science gone wrong. Thirdly the story so far has focused on the Osbournes/Goblin story.

So far the movies has focused on classic Spider-Man stories and I just dont see how Venom fits in all of this and that is what I would like to have answered by thoose who are so ceratain that Venom wil be in the next movie. Dont give me the answer about what Kirsten said because I already know that, what I want to know is how the pro-Venom camp see him fitting in to all of this because frankly I dont see any room for him until the Goblin story arc has been finished.

Jason Martell said:
So how cool will Venom look? In the first Spider-Man often times Spider-Man looked fake, like something out of a video game. So here's the million dollar question. How cool will Venom look? They might not get it perfect. Or they might make him satsifying, but not mindblowing. His face might not show facial expressions. He might always have the exact same look on his face. So what do you guys think?

spider man has a costume so he cant really have a moving mouth :spidey: but venom has a sute that becomes him so its like his skin.... :venom: sooo hes got a working mouth, but im sure they wont make it all cgi like some ppl think... atleast i hope not because it might look cheezy. maby the mouth will be cgi cos i dont think toffer grace will be able to do the tounge thing :D

I think it's most important to remember that these movies most definetly have thier own versions of the charaters.

Did the green gobin look like any incarnation from the comics? Did Doc Ock? No! Neither will Venom. Yes it appears they got Sandman right, but then again it's just a striped green shirt. Simple enough. They could of put him in any outfit, but with out CGI applied the green stripped shirt gives away who he is. He may only wear that shirt once in the movie, but that's all the fans really need. Brock and Venom will be a totally unique take on the character. I think it's the only way they can do justice to the character in the movies.

Also remeber there haen't been any pics of grace released since he started training. Any one wonder why? Look at that pic of church. His arms aren't huge but you can tell from that pic he's been working out. He definetly has a bigger chest. They must of had him lifting a lot. He is also older, so I'm sure it's harde for him to get into shape. Grace is young, you'd be suprised what daily weight lifting for 6 months can do to a person. And don't put it past a hollywood trainer to be feeding him steriods. I think we will suprise us. Maybe not look like arnold when he is done, but still he'll be bigge than people think.

Cinemaman said:
I think they will do some mix of Ultimate Venom and classic.
I don't think that Sam will use Electro in SM3.
CGI have a new technology of visual effects, and they will make great and real Venom.

I have to admit, as much as I love Venom, I wouldn't mind throwing in Electro instead.
He could be just as visually stunning as Sandman will be and I always thought Electro was an underrated Spidey villian.

Genosha said:
I have to admit, as much as I love Venom, I wouldn't mind throwing in Electro instead.
He could be just as visually stunning as Sandman will be and I always thought Electro was an underrated Spidey villian.

So what villian do you want in SM3?

Originally Posted by Cinemaman
I think they will do some mix of Ultimate Venom and classic.
I don't think that Sam will use Electro in SM3.
CGI have a new technology of visual effects, and they will make great and real Venom.

Venom is the most likely villian thus far, and he will likely be a young Eddie Brock around Pete's age t act as a foil (like the Ultimate one) since Grace is so similar in appearance and age to Maguire. Electro isn't popular enough to get in the movie. If he did I'd be shocked.

I REALLY hope Venom is done with Puppets and suits quite a bit. CGI for the whole character would be dick.

Did everyone forget that Topher Grace is WORKING OUT. Hes been working ob being buff since LAST APRIL!!!!!! And they film this movie in January. Im guessing he should be pretty buff since Tobey got buff and fit for the 1st Spidey in only 5 monthes. Plus, a witness says they saw Grace in LA at Crunch ( fitness club) and he looked like a Football player. WITH blond hair. Leave the dude alone.

Back in the early 90s when I first heard the rumors about a spiderman movie, knowing the comics, the only choice for venom was Brian Bosworth (ex-football player). He's pushing 40 now but even with his mediocre acting I still think visually he's the perfect Eddie Brock.(http://www.beckys-place.net/boz.html)

willi-jay said:
Back in the early 90s when I first heard the rumors about a spiderman movie, knowing the comics, the only choice for venom was Brian Bosworth (ex-football player). He's pushing 40 now but even with his mediocre acting I still think visually he's the perfect Eddie Brock.(http://www.beckys-place.net/boz.html)

I'd rather someone who didn't look 100% the part but can act
i.e. keaten - batman

rahter than someone who looks the part and can't act for toffee
bane - batman & robin 'MONKEYYYY!!!!'

Jason Martell said:
Dated? Look again at Spider-Man 2. It's only 1 year old. What kind of effects have come out since #2 came out, that make #2 look dated? In my opinion Matrx 2 and 3 are the only movies that effects better than those shown in part 2. Look at the train scene of Spider-Man 2.
they didnt really have the best CGI anyway, he looked like a cartoon the whole time.

spideydave said:
Did everyone forget that Topher Grace is WORKING OUT. Hes been working ob being buff since LAST APRIL!!!!!! And they film this movie in January. Im guessing he should be pretty buff since Tobey got buff and fit for the 1st Spidey in only 5 monthes. Plus, a witness says they saw Grace in LA at Crunch ( fitness club) and he looked like a Football player. WITH blond hair. Leave the dude alone.

What witness? Where did you hear/read that?

I imagine Grace should be pretty buff by now, but I still don't understand why they would even bother to go through all that trouble. Why would they choose him for Eddie Brock (if he is indeed playing that role)
Don't get me wrong, I like Topher Grace. I always felt he would have made a better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire.
But, I keep thinking, like many others here in the hype, that he is a very very strange choice for Brock. I'm kinda hoping he'll end up being someone else.
Even though, I don't care for Electro, I could see him in that role before Venom, that's for sure.
It's just all very curious....

ApocolypseNow said:
they didnt really have the best CGI anyway, he looked like a cartoon the whole time.

That's complete BS. There were like 3 seconds at the most during part 2 where it didn't look 100% real. Exactly how it would look in real life.

CHEZ said:

I imagine Grace should be pretty buff by now, but I still don't understand why they would even bother to go through all that trouble. Why would they choose him for Eddie Brock (if he is indeed playing that role)
Don't get me wrong, I like Topher Grace. I always felt he would have made a better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire.
But, I keep thinking, like many others here in the hype, that he is a very very strange choice for Brock. I'm kinda hoping he'll end up being someone else.
Even though, I don't care for Electro, I could see him in that role before Venom, that's for sure.

I read about it in SFX mag and US weekly

CHEZ said:

Fear not Chez.... he will be The Chameleon. ;)

He better be good. Not a skinny little biatch and he has to have the tounge and the crazy persona.

VENOM should look somewhat like the creatures of the ALIEN movies, black and shiny, but with a human form of course.

However, I would only like to see EDDIE BROCK in Spidey 3, not VENOM. They should build VENOM up until Spidey 5. Allow the symbiote to land with John Jameson's space mission ion SM3, have Spidey wearing the symbiote suit in SM4 while fighting THE LIZARD featuring KRAVEN hunting them both and VENOM in SM5.

Im new here to the board, but I was wondering if anyone here has seen this pic yet?

Yup...Good Pic..They really know how to pic the right actors... The Sandman is gonna be wicked!!!! Is Venom even gonna be in this movie??

Hey....how do I get an AVATAR under my name?? ANYONE KNOW??

$5 says venom isn't in Spider-man 3.

It will be what Raimi envisions Venom as. So there might be a drastic departure from the traditional image. As different as comic book Green Goblin is from Movie Green Goblin. This would probably be for the best. I for one thought some of the effects on Spawn the mvie were way too over the top. It seemed story took backseat to the cape. I just want the Trilogy to end on a high note and not like the Blade series did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"