Worst comic book film???

Originally posted by
At least it had a really dedicated actor - Tom Jane is everything Frank Castle should be.

Indeed. I remember being skeptical about Jane before the movie came out, but he was great in that part. I really liked The Punisher. Thought it did a really good job of capturing the comic book feel. Plus, the fight scene with the Russian puts it above half the movies on that list IMO..

Probably Batman 4. I havent seen Superman 4 in years.

I think AVP needs a mention here, as it did start in the comics and floored me at how bad it was. I didnt believe it could be that bad lol

Ok so I bought Superman 4 on vhs for about a dollar more than it would cost to rent it, and youre all right it was really really really terrible. You can feel Chris Reeves's pain from having to be in this movie.

However, due to the awesome godzilla-esque scene where Superman and Nuclear Man duke it out on the moon, I still have to say I like it a little more than B&R.

Which Punisher movie are you referring to, the one Wth Tom Jane or the One With Dolph Lundgren? I You mean the Dolph Lundgren one, yea, that was bad, but Captain America with Matt Salinger was 5 times worse.
As for the Tom Jane Punisher the only possibly bad thing about that film was John Travolta, but other than tha it was pretty good.

BTW I voted for Batman & Robin. That Movie Sucks.

P.S., Why does everybody only blame B&R for the bat-nipples when Forever had them too?

gothamite39 said:
Which Punisher movie are you referring to, the one Wth Tom Jane or the One With Dolph Lundgren? I You mean the Dolph Lundgren one, yea, that was bad, but Captain America with Matt Salinger was 5 times worse.

I feel there are worse comic films besides Lundgrens Punisher, and Captain America probably would rank worse than it, as it just didnt know what to do with the setup they had as the ending didnt even try much.. perhaps due to budget. I did like the idea of someone from the 40s awaking in todays world. I could do without Red Skull being responsible for every single problem in the 20th century though. They were thinking of how to make the story rellevant but.. cmon. WW2 was enough.

I think they need to try again with Capt America and retry what they failed to execute properly, just much better writing and cast.

Still, BnR takes the cake. At least Capt America tried and failed.

I can't see how most people like Superman 4 more than B&R. They both suck hard dick but at least B&R had okay eye candy once in a while. Everything was bad about Superman 4.

Why the **** is rocketeer on this poll?

Hulk and blade 2 as well. Those are far from bad imo. hulk's a great film and blade 2's an amazing followup to the first. wtf...... this board sometimes man... I can't stand it.

I agree that Hulk need not be here. It aint perfect but you can clearly see the story and action effort. Remove hulk and put Catwoman imo.

lordofthenerds said:
I can't see how most people like Superman 4 more than B&R. They both suck hard dick but at least B&R had okay eye candy once in a while. Everything was bad about Superman 4.

Personally, I don't think everything about Superman IV: The Quest For Peace is bad, for one thing, Christopher Reeve's performance was excellent (the UN speech anybody?).

Superman IV: The Quest For Peace is a heavily flawed film that is letdown by absurd editing, which led to large plotholes in the story, and terrible special effects, all thanks to Golan Globus.

To this day, I still feel the film had good intentions, with at least some redeeming features that shine through despite the crappy special effects.

in no perticular order here is my list of sucky assed comic movies

Batman and Robin
Batman forever
Fantastic 4
Daredevil
The Blade trillogy
superman 3 and 4
Spider-man (not one of the worse I have seen, but probally the most overated)
The Hulk (come on people the movie was pretty bad)
Cat Woman
The Punisher

Batman & Robin is not just one of the worst Superhero films ever made, or even one of the worst films ever made. It's one of the worst things in the world, nay, the known Universe ever!!!

...So guess what I voted for?

captain_jimbo said:
Batman & Robin is not just one of the worst Superhero films ever made, or even one of the worst films ever made. It's one of the worst things in the world, nay, the known Universe ever!!!

...So guess what I voted for?

hulk?:p

Batman&Robin was a disgrace to the actual character of Batman.

^ Yes, it is absolute s**t. :down

Cyrusbales said:
I didn't include catwoman out of sheer disgust! I didn't want the poll to be too easy! wanted some discussion. FF4 could be on their, but Dr Doom is a saving grace, even if he is rubbish in the film compared to the comics, he's still an awesome villain.

c'mon, X3 is pretty lame, there's so much wrong with it, ultimate anti-climax of any comic book film series!

Dr. Doom was the main reason why Fantastic Four wasn't that great of a movie. I loved the Fantastic Four but I hated Dr. Doom. They made him way too much like crappy Ultimate Doom

hippie_hunter said:
Dr. Doom was the main reason why Fantastic Four wasn't that great of a movie. I loved the Fantastic Four but I hated Dr. Doom. They made him way too much like crappy Ultimate Doom

Dr. Doom wasn't the only thing that was bad, how about the movie's one fights scene. A 2 hour movie with the :ff: playing with their powers ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"