Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, it comes down to alot of things sadly. When it comes to marketing Fox pretty much made every other studio jealous with Deadpool though. Not saying in any way it should be exactly like Deadpool, but they focused on the character potential and got creative. They just need to learn how to hit these character's marketability much stronger. Just mentioning a character like Storm gets the SDCC crowd hyped.

Fox has it in them but they are not comic experts and rely more so on the filmmakers and lead name actors to guide the way.

and this has proved time and time again that its not enough, lol. But for some reason, looks like they havent gotten the point yet.

They have Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Angel, Psylocke, Gambit on their catalogue, I have a hard time accepting they havent gotten to the point of how to sell these awesome characters in a big way to general audience. I just cant

Directors aside, I honestly think they dont have the right people in charge (marketing team, I mean). The creative team is another story, and discussed to death on here, so no need to go there again :woot:

Fair enough.

I think we all agree those characters deserve far more then what they gotten.

They've had strong con presences before and Gifted could be leading the way with some of the more interactive aspects on the floor, but also like, there's still a lot of time left to get the marketing machine rolling for other projects. I think it'd just be better to focus on getting it right like Logan vs just trying to do stuff because others are doing it.

Let's all pray for Dark Phoenix's marketing lol Apocalypse's was very very poor. This is regarded as one of the (if not THE) most iconic Xmen storyline. It should be treated as such so plz come through Fox lol

Which is why now is not the time for anything major on the XMDP front imo.

They need to have good stuff to show. Can't risk being underwhelming.

Hmm I don't know. I don't think many people are aware of the movie and the people that are aren't exactly excited for it. I don't think dropping something small would hurt. Fox has a lot to make up for after the reception of Apocalype

Let's all pray for Dark Phoenix's marketing lol Apocalypse's was very very poor. This is regarded as one of the (if not THE) most iconic Xmen storyline. It should be treated as such so plz come through Fox lol

My same points.

This is not "X-Men: Legacy virus" or "X-Men: Reunited". This is X-Men: The PHOENIX SAGA.

this should be their Infinity War in a sense. But doesnt seem treated as such. Its just "another X-Men chapter", "hey, we have the Phoenix now. Come watch" :whatever:

Just having the cast out on stage would be enough for now - esp if all three casts get to interact. They have got a lot of great actors to show off!

Just having the cast out on stage would be enough for now - esp if all three casts get to interact. They have got a lot of great actors to show off!

That did nothing for X-Men: Apocalypse, lol

Having all there is just cool for some photos and the little moment for those attendees. But marketing should and can do a lot more than that. And in many cases, starting early helps. Specially in ensemble superhero movies.

Fassbender is in Toronto

DE-Z-d9XcAIwrn8.jpg

DE-aAhjXUAAeg2z.jpg

DE-aHUyXcAEI6w0.jpg

Beard for Dark Phoenix?

That did nothing for X-Men: Apocalypse, lol

Having all there is just cool for some photos and the little moment for those attendees. But marketing should and can do a lot more than that. And in many cases, starting early helps. Specially in ensemble superhero movies.
Apoc was a crap movie though. We've seen how Fox is when they're confident with films. With over a year out having the cast talk about it would be enough.

I can see this film getting a teaser at least by next month or by September

7 or 8 months before realease date for a teaser. With footage showed off at a con before. Anything over a year or even 9 months is very unlikely given the heavy effects here.

New Mutants seems a pretty solid bet to attach the XMDP Teaser.

Last edited:
The teaser for Apocalypse didn't get released until 5 months before lol but I agree I figure first teaser in April.

The teaser for Apocalypse didn't get released until 5 months before lol but I agree I figure first teaser in April.

Yeah, I'll give them the benefit that they will be a bit earlier this go round.

oh my thats a long time to wait for a teaser, but as long as the special effects are polished its worth the wait. At comic con I just want a group shot of the new costumes seeing what look the decided to give Storm and keep Jean a secret since im hoping they go for something more along the lines of her DP outfit.

DOFP teaser was about 7 months from it's release.

First Class and Apocalypse took awhile longer. Not sure why people would expect this one to be so different as of now.

Last edited:
DOFP had the quickest teaser which was about 7 months from it's release.

First Class and Apocalypse took awhile. Not sure why people would expected this one to be so different as of now.
I didnt say I expected different this time around, im just impatient and its a long wait just as it was for the others since I follow the movies so closely.

I didnt say I expected different this time around, im just impatient and its a long wait just as it was for the others since I follow the movies so closely.

More commenting on the expecting a teaser next month post BeholdMe. But yeah, it's a ways off.

Bright side is New Mutants Teaser should be up by Nov.

But on a positive note, filming wraps in October so they'll have plenty of time to get the trailers looking good.

But on a positive note, filming wraps in October so they'll have plenty of time to get the trailers looking good.
I do hope the proper people are available this go around to polish the special effects. I think for Apocaypse they were busy with Jungle Book, hopefully Aladdin and Lion King dont take away to much from XMen.
More commenting on the expecting a teaser next month post BeholdMe. But yeah, it's a ways off.

Bright side is New Mutants Teaser should be up by Nov.
Ohk idk if we will be seeing a teaser for NM first DP has been filming weeks longer but who knows. I am looking forward to NM as well. Either way would great to see I dont think we will be getting a teaser for DP next month though I agree.

Last edited:
I was checking up on the updated Hall H schedule for Thursday, and it seems like Fox's panel was originally going to be from 11:30-12:30, but then the Kingsman panel was scheduled for 11-12. So maybe we'll have 11-12:30 for Fox (since Brigsby Bear won't start until 12:45), which would be enough to get in Kingsman/Maze Runner/X-films?

Fingers crossed we have a 90 minute Fox panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"