Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Soooooo I guess the trailer really is dropping with capt marvel or the 28th???

I also hope the “aliens” in dark Phoenix are a mix of all the aliens in the marvel comics since they can shapeshift

Except we'd still have had JLaw front and centre and she can't carry a film. She can barely act! (Yes, she has had ZERO acting lessons, she is a Harry Weinstein product). I've rarely seen such lack of commitment from a megastar.

She really is bad. I dont know why she has such a big reputation in Hollywood as an elite actress.

I don't know what youre talking about. Is this a part of your scoops again?

Sure, whatever. But I’m letting you know that there is no post credits scene teasing any other future installments, even though the final frame in the movie has something that may be perceived as such.

I’m not a marketing expert or a marketing stickler but showing what is already shown in a trailer kinda sucks.. I can see showing cool moments from the trailer over and over again but geez..and i’m Not one to complain about marketing like I am a marketing genius.

I think as a long time fan I’m ready to see a third cast on screen. I don’t mind waiting three or four years, even more

I’m not a marketing expert or a marketing stickler but showing what is already shown in a trailer kinda sucks.. I can see showing cool moments from the trailer over and over again but geez..and i’m Not one to complain about marketing like I am a marketing genius.

I think they just do that to say “No. This movie is not cancelled like those rumors say”.

I think as a long time fan I’m ready to see a third cast on screen. I don’t mind waiting three or four years, even more
Then people are going to be super confused ! I’m not talking about us movie nerds..the general public.i wonder just bring back mcavoy and then surround himself with other x-men characters that haven’t been seen before, no magneto and just start a whole new continuity with just proffessor x and new x-men characters

I think the confusion attributed to the general audience is often exaggerated... They're not all idiots.
It's not like nobody has heard of reboots nowadays. Everybody who's gone to the movies in the last decade (speaking conservatively) knows about franchise reboots.

Or they're reusing material over and over because they don't want to waste any more money on this movie xD

Sure, whatever. But I’m letting you know that there is no post credits scene teasing any other future installments, even though the final frame in the movie has something that may be perceived as such.

No. ****.

You mean like this?
View attachment 20959

Couldn't find the panel from Secret Wars. But early on, he directly calls Cyclops "Kid" when they're having a heart to heart on Battleworld. Thing calls him "skinny X-Men kid" when he's talking to Reed about leaving his wife/Madelyne.

Not sure where this misconception started but Cyclops and Cap were never peers in the source material. At least not initially
o8zIev.gif

They might not have started that way but how long of a time has he been his equal? There was maybe a good ten years of the publication history where he could actually say that. For the majority of their comic history Cyclops and Cap have been on the same level. Even when Scott was just in his mid twenties. I could find all the evidence proving this but you already know I'm right.

Last edited:
That’s nice and all but did you rip your theatre seat when you saw Cyclops cameo as a kid in Wolverine: Origins or in First Class? When they debuted him supposedly so much younger than his younger brother Havok in Apocalypse? Or when he was treated as simply an X-men team member when Mystique was shown barking orders at him and his compatriots?

The last thing I want to see are kid X-men in the MCU, but it's obvious what you’re doing here: complaining about the MCU. In a Fox X-men thread.
Oh get off your high horse. It's funny how you're basically saying it's okay for MCU to make changes using the Fox films as your smoking gun yet you use it against the Fox movies. Way to be hypocritical.

I wasn't even the one who brought it up. I was using hyperbole and being facetious. Do you know what a joke is or are you just the MCU's bodyguard?

No. ****.

I said it’s obvious in the post they quoted. You want me to end this sure. Save the following and I very much look forward to a PM from you saying my bad on June 7th.
As the camera pans up from Charles and Erik at the cafe we’ve seen set photos of, to show the full cityscape of Paris, with the Eiffel Tower in the background, on the left of the Tower you’ll see a red flicker and then it’s wings flap as it’s moving to the left across the screen and speeds out of frame. Then it cuts out with Written and Directed by Simon Kinberg
I’m sure you “figured it out based on what’s already been shown”, huh.

Absolutely feel free to contribute to conversation but maybe excercise a bit of maturity and just feel free to not respond to me if you’re going to just come at me for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Thanks for quoting me this time.

Last edited:
Then people are going to be super confused ! I’m not talking about us movie nerds..the general public.i wonder just bring back mcavoy and then surround himself with other x-men characters that haven’t been seen before, no magneto and just start a whole new continuity with just proffessor x and new x-men characters
This actually reminds me of the marketing for JL, specifically how WB showed little more than variants of the following image leading up to the film's release. Everyone kept asking about Superman, but it's clear as day now that shoddy reshoots were to blame for his exclusion and a host of other blunders. So, yeah, seeing Fox take a similar approach to Dark Phoenix doesn't exactly inspire confidence. We'll see what happens, though.

If there's 1 superhero/ comicbook film that will suck this year, I'll bet my money on Dark PhoeniX. The writing is just on the wall!
Hellboy and New Mutants are a safer bet for me. Though Dark Phoenix would probably be next. Still looking forward to it though.

So this trailer being released on 28th just a shorter version of the official trailer? Wtf is the point of that

So this trailer being released on 28th just a shorter version of the official trailer? Wtf is the point of that

From what I understand there have been two new trailers that have been certified termed "trailer 2" on I believe the 5th of Feb and "trailer 3" on the 12th of Feb.

Both are 1:30 mins.

I suspect one will likley be a shortened version of the first trailer (for use in cinemas) and the other will be the second trailer: the Japanese Twitter that I believe accidently revealed the the 28th date with a motion poster that had new dialogue from Beast over it.

Magneto is not even a villian in this movie though. He seems to serve as a Lilandra stand-in. Difference is that it seems that most of the X-Men side with him.
I dont care what his role is exactly, the mere fact that he is involved in Dark Phoenix movie is disgusting in my book.

He was already playing a big part in X-Men Last stand, so having another significant role in the second attempt is just a big "f*** you" to the fans of all the other x-men waiting to shine.

Last edited:

Both trailers rated by the BBFC are set to be released in UK cinemas. They're different cuts from the one released last year. (teaser)

The one we're expecting in less than two weeks is a brand new one (full trailer) and it should be over 2.30 minutes and set to be shown in cinemas alongside Captain Marvel (and they better make a very good one bc it's also expected that Marvel releases a new trailer for Avengers too)

Or they're reusing material over and over because they don't want to waste any more money on this movie xD

Showing new stills on their own Twitter account doesn’t cost them anything. They have revealed 15 minutes of the footage at comic-cons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"