Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

it's funny how you're basically saying it's okay for MCU to make changes using the Fox films as your smoking gun yet you use it against the Fox movies. Way to be hypocritical.
EnDz0n3 has never said changes aren't allowed.
Believe it or not there was a time when he defended some of the Fox decisions.
As did I.

Word from an anonymous source said the outcome of the latest test screening was to change the ending, again. But take it with a gain of salt until/if it is announced.

And he/she also said that the alleged test screening around the holidays was bogus as well.

Is this supposed to be the recent screening we heard about? Open to employees, friends and family?

Is this supposed to be the recent screening we heard about? Open to employees, friends and family?

They apparently did two test screenings recently. One at the end of January that we heard about and one earlier this month. I heard this from another source.

Word from an anonymous source said the outcome of the latest test screening was to change the ending, again. But take it with a gain of salt until/if it is announced.

And he/she also said that the alleged test screening around the holidays was bogus as well.

Would a changed ending mean more reshoots? Or just a different edit of the existing footage?

Would a changed ending mean more reshoots? Or just a different edit of the existing footage?

My assumption was that the main function for the reshoots was to give a definitive conclusion to this story.

I'm guessing with a triology planned, the orginal ending would have been more ambiguous/ lead into a sequel. Thus the reshoots would simply provide a clear conclusion to this film story; it may leave the door open for a sequel but it would be a cliffhanger.

I doubt they would do further reshoots. If true they are likling just testing out different edits. Theoretically they have two third act battles and endings. They could be merging them together in various ways to see the responses.

If they change it I hope it’s having Jean and Jessica fight on the moon.

My assumption was that the main function for the reshoots was to give a definitive conclusion to this story.

I'm guessing with a triology planned, the orginal ending would have been more ambiguous/ lead into a sequel. Thus the reshoots would simply provide a clear conclusion to this film story; it may leave the door open for a sequel but it would be a cliffhanger.

I doubt they would do further reshoots. If true they are likling just testing out different edits. Theoretically they have two third act battles and endings. They could be merging them together in various ways to see the responses.

If what Icekid is true, it’s not really that ambiguous. Given the ending of Days of Future Past.

Still baffles me why you are even on this forum
If you didn't notice I've been here over a decade, discussing films particularly comic book movies.

I don't need to blindly follow foX with their movies that I know that will turn out to be crappy and ***** on the source material and this forum isn't even a foX forum. Anyway welcome to the forum, newbie.

If you didn't notice I've been here over a decade, discussing films particularly comic book movies.

I don't need to blindly follow foX with their movies that I know that will turn out to be crappy and ***** on the source material and this forum isn't even a foX forum. Anyway welcome to the forum, newbie.

Off-topic: For a split second I thought your sig said “sex”.

So is t
If there's 1 superhero/ comicbook film that will suck this year, I'll bet my money on Dark PhoeniX. The writing is just on the wall!
So serious question ..is there anything I mean anything you are looking forward to when watching dark Phx?? Because I know and everybody knows you will be going to the theater to watch dark Phx lol??

“What are they up to now” style montage edits.

And there were weekly screenings right before holiday season started. Info about how to attend were posted in a previous part of this very thread...

So is t

So serious question ..is there anything I mean anything you are looking forward to when watching dark Phx?? Because I know and everybody knows you will be going to the theater to watch dark Phx lol??
I never said I will not watch Dark Phoenix. In fact, I did say I personally prefer to see it in a theater as I prefer watching movies in the big screen.

lol much? Also I thought this was about Dark Phoenix, why are you making it about the posters you don't disagree with.

Anyway, you can enjoy Dark Phoenix in June and no one will care certainly not me because who are you anyway. How about you learn how to respect other members. The audacity of you to question me (out of nowhere) of why I'm here in this forum especially I've been posting for 15 years just because I think Dark PhoeniX will suck.

Still baffles me why you are even on this forum

Can I say one thing though... and this will be the last thing I say about this. Posters like psylockolussus and X-Maniac and EnDz0n3 and Endeavor, and some others, were some of the biggest defenders of this franchise in the past. Now, I've never been one to show my extreme devotion and fanaticism of the franchise, but... I think some posters need a history lesson of these boards.

At one time, psy was the biggest defender, proponent, fanboy of the franchise... I remember the days when he had like, twenty years' worth of films and spin-offs mapped out and crammed into their signature. Psy is being attacked for being too negative, they were attacked back then for being too blindly positive/enthusiastic.

I've always appreciated X-Maniac and EnDz0n3' and Endeavor's views, analysis, info…

I've seen these guys love and defend and be passionate for the franchise, I don't see the hating and trolling… what I see is bullying by the positive crowd towards the negative crowd. I mostly lurk, but it seems like, my perspective, I come into thread, a negative post is made, and positive crowd chimes in and bullies and tries to drown the negative poster…

Myself, I've said I'm in the positive crowd for the most part, but with this series track record, I understand the concerns the negative crowd have raised. I share some of those same concerns myself…

Back to the film… the February release was my birthday, I had so much planned… and then that date change… I was heartbroken after the last date change…

The only issue I'm worried about is Chastain. For me, who she is… or isn't… that will kind of ruin the film for me. Everything else, so far, well… minus Selene… that's another one of those things, depending on how it is handled… could tarnish the film for me, but most of everything… I think looks good… for me… Chastain and Selene… top of my bad list…

“What are they up to now” style montage edits.

And there were weekly screenings right before holiday season started. Info about how to attend were posted in a previous part of this very thread...

That’s not the screening I’m referring to. Talking about an alleged external test screening at very end of the year.

Last edited:
Can I say one thing though...
Thanks bud
Back to the film… the February release was my birthday, I had so much planned… and then that date change… I was heartbroken after the last date change…

The only issue I'm worried about is Chastain. For me, who she is… or isn't… that will kind of ruin the film for me. Everything else, so far, well… minus Selene… that's another one of those things, depending on how it is handled… could tarnish the film for me, but most of everything… I think looks good… for me… Chastain and Selene… top of my bad list…

I'm kind of hoping she's as invisible as most of the Last Stand mutants... I really like Selene. I would like her used in a big way in the MCU, without much baggage from the Fox verse.

Oh and Happy birthday

Me too.. this is the biggest ***** killer for me, Chastain's mysterious character.

I'm kind of hoping she's as invisible as most of the Last Stand mutants... I really like Selene. I would like her used in a big way in the MCU, without much baggage from the Fox verse.

Oh and Happy birthday

With what Munn has officially confirmed along with the obvious look of Selene, it would be hard not to push her just slightly out of focus compared to the rest or else it would be overly obvious that something was a little off, so the smart thing would be to downplay identity but utilize what’s needed and be done with her. That way we can get strong iterations the next go around. The idea of a new Psylocke in the MCU excites me, even though it’ll be hard not to see Munn in the role, I’m sure I’ll get over it quickly when things get going on that casting.

Can I say one thing though... and this will be the last thing I say about this. Posters like psylockolussus and X-Maniac and EnDz0n3 and Endeavor, and some others, were some of the biggest defenders of this franchise in the past. Now, I've never been one to show my extreme devotion and fanaticism of the franchise, but... I think some posters need a history lesson of these boards.

At one time, psy was the biggest defender, proponent, fanboy of the franchise... I remember the days when he had like, twenty years' worth of films and spin-offs mapped out and crammed into their signature. Psy is being attacked for being too negative, they were attacked back then for being too blindly positive/enthusiastic.

I've always appreciated X-Maniac and EnDz0n3' and Endeavor's views, analysis, info…

I've seen these guys love and defend and be passionate for the franchise, I don't see the hating and trolling… what I see is bullying by the positive crowd towards the negative crowd. I mostly lurk, but it seems like, my perspective, I come into thread, a negative post is made, and positive crowd chimes in and bullies and tries to drown the negative poster…

Myself, I've said I'm in the positive crowd for the most part, but with this series track record, I understand the concerns the negative crowd have raised. I share some of those same concerns myself…

Here's the double edged sword of that argument though some who were adamantly defending just over night decide MCU is the only way to do it right? And now things they used to defend are terrible choices? It comes across fickle at best. If you feel so fervently about something it seems strange to flip the script to hate and say something will fail without even watching more than a teaser. yet, at the same time will call foul if you point out all the issues with other MCU films based on multiple trailers and insider reporting such as the case for Captain Marvel for example.

At any rate I will be glad when all the pontificating will come to a close and we have something more legitimate to critique.

Dzmz0a0WoAEUvhR.jpg:large

Here's the double edged sword of that argument though some who were adamantly defending just over night decide MCU is the only way to do it right? And now things they used to defend are terrible choices? It comes across fickle at best. If you feel so fervently about something it seems strange to flip the script to hate and say something will fail without even watching more than a teaser. yet, at the same time will call foul if you point out all the issues with other MCU films based on multiple trailers and insider reporting such as the case for Captain Marvel for example.

At any rate I will be glad when all the pontificating will come to a close and we have something more legitimate to critique.

I wouldn't say - and don't think I've ever said - that the MCU is "the only way to do it right"

But the X-Men are heading to the Disney/MCU anyway. I'm not a fan of everything the MCU does but they do have better continuity and consistency than Fox has ever managed to achieve.

It's time for a fresh vision of the X-Men, rebuilt from the ground up, and since Disney is getting them anyway, let's see what they can do.

All Fox can do is keep going back over the same lead characters and same character dynamics, mostly using the films as vehicles for their favourite actors, at the expense of other classic characters.

We're now getting a second go at the Dark Phoenix story, a sure indication the franchise is running out of steam if it's repeating stuff.

I don't think the studio really understands the X-Men at all, they're just using the IP to promote certain actors. And not a very diverse selection of actors at that.

These days I prefer to watch things like Titans and Sense8 on Netflix. They seem far more representative of the world we live in. Fox has driven the X-Men into the ground with its poor choices. And even the Dark Phoenix story is rather dated now - an unstable woman who can't cope with her powers, while Magneto and Thor and others (including Storm who has a similar power level) manage perfectly okay. Not exactly female empowerment is it? If we'd seen a lot more of Phoenix before her descent into darkness, it might have worked better because that's what made the comic book such an epic saga to follow.

I dont agree. I think its more epic and rich to see Jean Grey going to genosha for advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"