Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dark Phoenix turn out to be just a mediocre movie, Fox will still keep this exact same creative team with McAvoy, Fassbender and Lawrence leading. Fact.

And if it turn out to be great, it will be the same thing.

Not knowing much about the next movie i don't see how you can say that

As for marketing, who knows, ask bryan he apparently had a big hand in it helping the marketing team.

Last edited:
This is the worst planning/vision any studio can have. its not even funny

Well they have certainly been doing ok for about 17 years now, and they are only just starting in some areas which could keep them going for another 7 or 8 years.

Last edited:
I find the idea that FOX are using Jlaw because of her fame as odd because what evidence for that is there beyond paranoia and her being famous?

The evidence is called reality in this place called planet earth where money and fame are king.

FOX actually didn't push hugh jackman in X-Men apocalypse even though they could have, infact given how very little he was in the movie when originally Bryan and Kinberg wanted him in it more id say that FOX were actually not that fussed as you might think.

Huh?

Kinberg and Singer certainly thought about it, not that the rationale for reducing Jackman's role is going to make anyone feel any better. :funny:

Simon Kinberg said:
There was always a notion that we wanted Wolverine to be in the movie. We wanted to find a way to feature him in the film, partly because Bryan [Singer] and I love Hugh [Jackman] so much. We love the character, obviously, and he’s such a huge part of the franchise. There were a lot of iterations of how Wolverine would enter and exit the movie. There was a version when he was going to come in at the midpoint of the film and be like the drill sergeant for the kids and take over as their leader. And we felt like that stepped on Jen’s role in the movie and becoming their leader.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Wolverine-Original-Role-X-Men-Apocalypse-Why-It-Changed-133987.html

Last edited:
The evidence is called reality in this place called planet earth where money and fame are king.

It's honestly that type of thinking that has always ended up wrong though

Haven't we heard it all by now? Fox must be rethinking the franchise because of X-Men apocalypse, fox must be money struck by deadpool that they will now and make the movies more deadpool because money.

All these things ended up not being the case

fox could have pushed for hugh jackman to have a bigger more marketable role because yno money and fame and all that, but oddly no they didn't push for that it seems.

And honestly if anyone was gonna nudged into a bigger part of the movie to gain some more bucks it would have been jackman.

Thanks for the link BMM. I'm gonna have to look thru my correspondence but as far as I remember Wolverine was very much a late addition. Similar to Angel and Psylocke.

(or they just really wanted to keep him a secret...very possible)

Also that quote doesn't really prove that Kinberg and Singer wanted Wolverine in the movie "more." Just where he would best fit.

And we felt like that stepped on Jen’s role in the movie and becoming their leader.

I love Singer as much as the next guy (and hate Kinberg equally as much) but this is a fundamental lack of understanding of both Wolverine and Mystique.

The quote also doesn't help GuestStar's case lol

Yeah I thought Mystique wasn't a leader at all in X-Men Apocalypse!

I find the idea that FOX are using Jlaw because of her fame as odd because what evidence for that is there beyond paranoia and her being famous?

Is there some weird view that if it wasn't Jlaw fox and those involved wouldn't even bother with mystique?

FOX actually didn't push hugh jackman in X-Men apocalypse even though they could have, infact given how very little he was in the movie when originally Bryan and Kinberg wanted him in it more id say that FOX were actually not that fussed as you might think.

Either way FOXs X-Men franchise is totally fine, infact like we was talking about last page they are only just starting to spread their wings with various X-related projects with at least 5 or 6 of them making it to screen next year.

Why do you bother? Fox is the enemy, brah. Lol

Anyway, yes, the surface of this thing has only just begun to be scratched. If Sophie really blossoms, they actually do right by Storm, and they find another halfway good-looking brown-haired guy to play Gruff Claw-Man, it may be another 15 years before they have to reboot.

They really should find another Logan, sooner rather than later and let the past be the past. We haven't really seen a teenage or very-early-20s Wolverine yet, so no reason not to get it done.

I don't pay much attention to the X-men fandom but honest question: are there people out there who really like her as Mystique? Does she have a vocal fanbase that was aching for her return even after her phoned-in performance in Apocalypse?
Only the Jennifer Lawrence fanboys.

All X-Men fanboys (either comic purists or fans of the franchise) I've come across on the Internet complain about her in one way or another. I've only seen a few, few units (especially here) truly champion her.

Thanks for the link BMM. I'm gonna have to look thru my correspondence but as far as I remember Wolverine was very much a late addition. Similar to Angel and Psylocke.

(or they just really wanted to keep him a secret...very possible)

Also that quote doesn't really prove that Kinberg and Singer wanted Wolverine in the movie "more." Just where he would best fit.

Pretty sure Wolverine was always going to be in it. Remember that concept art of Wolverine standing by a jet (which many assumed was Apocalypse's spaceship)?

They just scaled the role back to allow J-Law's Raven to become leader, which resulted in the Wolverine sequence being a somewhat disconnected sequence (ending with that unintentionally amusing shot of Wolverine scurrying off into the woods, soooo badly shot lol).

I love Singer as much as the next guy (and hate Kinberg equally as much) but this is a fundamental lack of understanding of both Wolverine and Mystique.

The quote also doesn't help GuestStar's case lol

You mean that GuestStar who argued with me that Mystique was not the new leader, when i presented the official synopsis? We now have it from Kinberg's own mouth that she was the leader, not that it wasn't already obvious to everyone else. Why is GuestStar trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes?

With diminishing returns without the OT cast. Spin offs making more money than main entries.

Exactly. Deadpool showed that you don't need the current filmmaking production team, you need a committed actor who loves the role and a director who totally gets the material.

We don't want everything to be like Deadpool. We just want actors and directors who get it. Tim Miller, an unknown special FX guy, came in and made the highest earning and most profitable X-Men franchise film yet. What does that say about those making the other films? That they need to get a clue!

Yeah

I wonder then why was she in her Jlaw form in the Official poster and promotional material.

xmen-apocalypse-imax-poster-header.jpg

12599242_1514610072175330_551633427_n.jpg

Too bad they didn't make her Emma Frost instead. That way, she wouldn't have to deal with the blue makeup, fans wouldn't get upset for her avoiding her comic book look, and it wouldn't be as jarring to see Emma Frost working with the group as opposed to Mystique.

^ I always pictured Jen as more of a Rogue. And I'm not against her coming back, I just want her to get Mystique's nuances right this time. Show us what a versatile Oscar winner is made of!!

Exactly. Deadpool showed that you don't need the current filmmaking production team, you need a committed actor who loves the role and a director who totally gets the material.

I remember watching Deadpool and saying "Damn, that's Colossus! It's Colossus!"

The 15 minutes he was in you could recognize him for who he is. I would seriously be more excited for a 15 minutes Storm, or Rogue, or Psylocke, or Kitty, or Beast, etc. in a Deadpool movie than the actual X-Men movies.

They need to learn how to let go of some characters. They want to keep adding new characters every movie, which ok, I get it. But they keep shoving up more and more characters when there is not enough time to handle them all properly.

Raven and Eric told a huge part of their stories. They should be left out, especially in a story they don't fit at all. And the time those two huge star would get, woud then be used for the characters that need more development.

But...

You mean that GuestStar who argued with me that Mystique was not the new leader, when i presented the official synopsis? We now have it from Kinberg's own mouth that she was the leader, not that it wasn't already obvious to everyone else. Why is GuestStar trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes?

Your argument was always that they made Mystique the leader of the X-Men

No one denied that she was leading the young mutants into a war for what was a brief period, its just when you start saying they made her the leader of the X-Men it over exaggerated as usual.

What does that say about those making the other films? That they need to get a clue!

You mean like Mangold who made the best received X-Men movie yet?

He didn't make the most fan service movie and he didn't make the most comic-booky movie either

Last edited:
Your argument was always that they made Mystique the leader of the X-Men

No one denied that she was leading the young mutants into a war, its just when people start saying they made her the leader of the X-Men which was never actually stated.

there wasn't even a x-men tell end of film.she led young mutants when they arrived in cario.But did little in third act but try to talk sense into magneto and be taken out by apocalypse.

lawrence for dp was in montreal for about a month.hardly the act of film focus entirely on her.

if people want to say well mckellen filmed his x2 scenes in a 2 week peroid.x2 hardly revolved around magneto withe veryone else in background.in first half of x2 magneto in in 4 scenes.1-laurio and stryker intergerating him 2-2 scnes of him with xavier and 3-his escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"