Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm I’m not sure about all of this. If they decide to use Skrull’s so close to the Captain Marvel release then they’ll just be throwing it in the face of Marvel and they’ve seemed to have a decent enough working relationship with them lately so I hope this isn’t true for that reason but also because it’s not right for the story. It sounds a little sus to me. I won’t believe this until we get actual confirmation and plot details.

But isn't Marvel Television And Marvel Studios, like, two different things? Honest question, because I don't know exactly. I even heard that both of them don't get along too well.

If it is, FOX is working with Marvel Television. I have no idea if that makes difference.

Why is anybody believing this rumor?

Because it's coming from a source that got details from Apocalypse correctly. The description of scenes like Apocalypse in ancient Egypt and first look at the new characters at the mall.

It's not a fact, but it's coming from a reliable source that got things right.

Why would Kinberg have multiple scenes were an Alien race lands to pose a threat to Earth?

Going by the report, I don't see how Skrulls aren't *the* Alien race of the film.

Unless you don't go by the report at all.

I agree that it's likely there is only one alien race in the movie.

Having these aliens come to Earth fits with the idea of the film being more grounded, less intergalactic (and lower budget than X:A).

Using the Skrulls seems very possible. It's easier/cheaper/simpler to have an alien race where they all look the same (like the Chitauri did in Avengers, likethe aliens in Independence Day did, etc). That way, no time is spent on developing alien individuals (like Imperial Guard), the focus stays on the Earth characters.

Still weird they would use the same as are appearing in Captain Marvel.

I guess I'm on board with this. Isn't the people who worked on the Warcraft movie attached to this for make up. I'd expect if Jessica is playing the Skrull Queen then she could look similar to how they did the practical make up for Garona but had the other orcs be mo-capped.

I think two races would be too much (not that this would stop them).

But can you imagine Dark Phoenix with no Shi'ar, no Lilandra, no Hellfire, no Emma, no Mastermind. Instead, Genosha and Skrulls? That would be something.

I guess we shall see. DoFP, First Class, X2, Logan even Apocalypse have all been quite different to the source material this can just be another instance of that. Or it’s all BS. For now only time will tell.

Well she was able to do Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix and do GOT so who knows how her schedule works out.

I am only taking a speculative guess that its a 2 part movie because of bits here and there that might hint to it

Olivia munns “It's like a two-parter” quote for example, who knows what that means. she could be talking about apocalypse being part 1 or just talking in some weird smart talk code *shrug*

Difference is that Game of Thrones Season 8 is filming later than ever before. And I believe it is shooting from like November until next June or July. That would make shooting an entire SECOND blockbuster as the title character pretty difficult.

With that said, if it is true, I am disappointed. Not because they are stepping on Captain Marvel's toes, but because this scene sounds like a repeat of the end of DOFP but with aliens. Who am I kidding? This is Kinberg, so he probably is going for the lazy choice.

With that said, if it is true, I am disappointed. Not because they are stepping on Captain Marvel's toes, but because this scene sounds like a repeat of the end of DOFP but with aliens. Who am I kidding? This is Kinberg, so he probably is going for the lazy choice.

Then Eric join force with the X-Men to fight this threat, but eventually betrays them for his own interest?

Man, too bad Singer isn't in this. It would be such a combo. :o

Magneto fighting with X-MEN and never switching sides is fine imo

That's not exactly true. They do have access to the Skrull race, its Marvel who does not have access to Super Skrull, but they can use the Skrull race.

The thing is that Fox have the Skrulls as a part of the Fantastic Four film rights, not the X-Men film rights. I would be surprised if Fox could mix and match the two rights without approval from Marvel since the two film rights contracts will have different terms.

Would love to see the whole list of who owns what. The Kang situation is another strange one, as he is being used in the video games which has no other FOX owned Characters

But isn't Marvel Television And Marvel Studios, like, two different things? Honest question, because I don't know exactly. I even heard that both of them don't get along too well.

If it is, FOX is working with Marvel Television. I have no idea if that makes difference.

Basically, the film division is Marvel Studios, which is a branch of Disney that is separate from Marvel Entertainment. Marvel Entertainment is everything else (including comics and television). The film side and TV side have to collaborate. At a minimum, the TV side has to clear things with the film side. There is speculation that film and TV clash, but I think the only real report was that Kevin Feige (of Marvel Studios) clashed with Ike Perlmutter when he had to answer to him. I don't recall any actual reports of clashing with the TV people (such as Jeph Loeb), the clashes were over the films.

That being said, they are separate and, yes, Fox has been working with the TV side (and Jeph Loeb), not the movie side.

FOX did work with the movie side for the Ego and Negasonic deal. I suspect there will be similar deals like that in the future, especially with Marvel going very cosmic after phase 3

FOX did work with the movie side for the Ego and Negasonic deal. I suspect there will be similar deals like that in the future, especially with Marvel going very cosmic after phase 3
I would've loved to sit at a table with two lawyers who have their serious face on, talking about Ego the Living Planet and Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

What does that translate as?

Google translate says: "Either it's the greatest partnership in history or the biggest affront in the history of comic books."

Could it be that this story could be Shi'ar vs Skrulls with the help of the X-Men. Maybe Lilandra's empire is at stake and she'll go head to head with Veranke or Super Skrull somewhat replacing her fight with D'Ken. Gives her the perfect coverage to then witness the Phoenix kill the Skrulls and decide her power is too much and must be destroyed.

If that isn't the case and they don't use that particular storyline then maybe they'll replace the Lilandra and D'Ken pairing and swap them for Veranke and Super Skrull. I don't see why they'd want to do the Skrulls in the first place though considering they have their own empire more closely associated with the X-Men at their disposal unless of course they're reusing them to connect them to their new FF universe film.

Could it be that this story could be Shi'ar vs Skrulls with the help of the X-Men. Maybe Lilandra's empire is at stake and she'll go head to head with Veranke or Super Skrull somewhat replacing her fight with D'Ken. Gives her the perfect coverage to then witness the Phoenix kill the Skrulls and decide her power is too much and must be destroyed.

If that isn't the case and they don't use that particular storyline then maybe they'll replace the Lilandra and D'Ken pairing and swap them for Veranke and Super Skrull. I don't see why they'd want to do the Skrulls in the first place though considering they have their own empire more closely associated with the X-Men at their disposal unless of course they're reusing them to connect them to their new FF universe film.

Ok ... you pointed 2 reasonable scenarios. But they sound more like some kind of a "Kree-Skrull War" adaptation than some Dark Phoenix adaptation.
Imagine if they indeed do some type of Shiar vs Skrull War movie, but still claim that this is a Dark Phoenix movie :loco:

Praying they implement this well. Their inclusion sounds weird considering they have Shi'ar at their disposal unless they plan to do their own cosmic X-universe which I could see them wanting to establish.

As I said I'm on board for it but shall wait to judge. Here's hoping they don't mess up the character design.

Ok ... you pointed 2 reasonable scenarios. But they sound more like some kind of a "Kree-Skrull War" adaptation than some Dark Phoenix adaptation.
Imagine if they indeed do some type of Shiar vs Skrull War movie, but still claim that this is a Dark Phoenix movie :loco:

Yeah I was gonna say that seems like a lot for one movie. Like the conflict against Dark Phoenix would have to be a whole other movie. But I guess there's always the two parter rumor.

It could be as simple as a plot device, building on what you guys are saying, it could be that the skrulls and shiar are fighting and land on earth. The x-men fight the skrulls as the immediate threat with Xavier working with Lilandra and then when the Phoenix defeats the skrulls Lilandra declares death to the Phoenix which could set up the next film.

It would introduce the skrulls to the Fox universe and for any potential future villains both for the x-men and ff as well as be a means to show how Jean succumbs to the power she needs to use to defeat them.

It could have also been them filming the after credits scene where the skrulls want to destroy the x-men for the intergalactic shenanigans over the film.

if Kinberg and Fox want to create a cosmic world over multiple movies in the long run, with Skrulls, Shiars, Starjammers and more on their own corner, then hell yes.
But if this is just putting all the stuff they can just on this movie... big fail

“It’s definitely a darker world,” Shipp told Syfy Wire. “A lot more is going on at this point. I can’t say too much but what I can say is that, as a fan of the X-Men franchise, I know a lot of people are going to be happy with how accurate this one is. Now that [Simon Kinberg] has a little more control, he is able to really allow this X-Men world to flourish.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"