Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they wanted a crossover between X-Men & F4 before the later is released?

There was talk, but it may require additional negotiation in a similar vein to the TV agreement. The FF and X-Men licensing agreements have different terms and merging them may be complicated.

simon-kinberg-star-wars-rebels.png

Isn't Deadpool licensing agreement apart from the X-Men?

But if this scoop is actually true, is it something that came out of Kinberg's mind, or the Studio just wanted it? Very hard to tell, but for me it kinda feels like the latter.

Isn't Deadpool licensing agreement apart from the X-Men?

It is, and I read one report that Marvel negotiated a better deal for Deadpool solo flicks than the one for X-Men proper. But while Wade has been hanging with mutants since 2009 there has been zero interaction with X-Men and FF characters. My thinking is that if they could cross over it would have happened by now.

Or there can be 2 races of alien in 1 movie? Phoenix attacks the Skrulls and Lilandra & Shi'ar come later. Or the trial of Jean Grey?

some again want to act like they know more.deadpool iss eperate from x-men
and was able to be merged with x-men.

it was bombing of ff that killed x-men/ff

shawn madden has said on twitter fox always had live action tv rights to x-men but fox made agreement after mutant x that marvel would have to sign off
on them.he was also right that fox still had plans for ff which we know is
planned with at least a doom film and possibly film on children of ff film.

i will trust site which had accurate information on apocalypse.it gives reason why jessica chastain would say she isn't playing lilandra.

even now all we really know is skrulls take sh'iar place and is alien invasion vibe with them attacking the UN.

It is, and I read one report that Marvel negotiated a better deal for Deadpool solo flicks than the one for X-Men proper. But while Wade has been hanging with mutants since 2009 there has been zero interaction with X-Men and FF characters. My thinking is that if they could cross over it would have happened by now.

I think they wanted to. But after the failure of FF no one would even think of that anymore.

I don't think it would be a huge deal tbh.

If it turns out to be a 2 part story then introducing the aliens concept and then ending with a cliff hanger for the next film wouldn't be shocking.

Yes it wouldn't be the hellfire club but in the long run if people wanted the possibility of a space opera then setting up or introducing the concept for part 2 would be a good start.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a huge deal tbh.

If it turns out to be a 2 part story then introducing the aliens concept and then ending with a cliff hanger for the next film wouldn't be shocking.

Yes it wouldn't be the hellfire club but in the long run if people wanted the possibility of a space opera then setting it up for part 2 would be a good start.

A lot of you guys wanted it to be 2 movies and part 1 could be the build up a lot of you wanted.

at this point inless we hear different i doudt it will be 2 parter now.

at this point inless we hear different i doudt it will be 2 parter now.

We ain't heard anything.

All we have to go on is a quote from Olivia Munn and a Twitter post that claimed someone spoke to one of production team members who said they were going back to do more filming next year.

We will see but either way untill we hear more it's not worth stressing over.

Eh im not buying it. I think they're deliberately throwing us off.

We ain't heard anything.

All we have to go on is a quote from Olivia Munn and a Twitter post that claimed someone spoke to one of production team members who said they were going back to do more filming next year.

We will see but either way untill we hear more it's not worth stressing over.

that is what i said.based on report from someone whow as accurate with apocalypse i doudt dark phoenix is two parter.while way olivia munn ws talking i suspect she filmed something for dark phoenix while in canada i doudt anymore her comments mean it will be two parter.

Lets pray these rumours are false.

that is what i said.based on report from someone whow as accurate with apocalypse i doudt dark phoenix is two parter.while way olivia munn ws talking i suspect she filmed something for dark phoenix while in canada i doudt anymore her comments mean it will be two parter.

The 2 don't really connect since it could still be a 2 parter even if that report turned out to be true.

Nothing about that report gave away information that made it sound like the film ends on a conclusion.

Last edited:
Bahahahahaha if this is true, I will not be seeing it. It's just funny at this point. A second chance at the classic Dark Phoenix and Kinberg throws in the Skrulls.. this guy.

Bahahahahaha if this is true, I will not be seeing it. It's just funny at this point. A second chance at the classic Dark Phoenix and Kinberg throws in the Skrulls.. this guy.

Kinberg will deserve all the critism he will get.

my feeling is we get alien invasion film untill jean loses it.

Mystique will be essential for her shapeshifting abilities and experience. She will become the new Queen of the Skrull and declare Jean Grey a threat that must be destroyed.

Nooo way, this crap aint true, my belief why:
1- the rights issues, its been stated numerous times that fox has rights to specific skrulls (ie super skrull) and not necessarily the whole species
2- The XMen’s aliens are Shi’ar, Brood, and Phalanx, and maybe the breakworlders (my guess for who these aliens may really be)
3- The relationship between fox and marvel has improved just enough that i dont think Fox would jab Marvel in the eye again after the were announced for Captain Marvel months ago

Nooo way, this crap aint true
1- Rights issues, its been stated numerous times that fox has rights to specific skrulls (ie super skrull) and not the whole species
2- The XMen’s aliens are Shi’ar, Brood, and Phalanx, and maybe the breakworlders (my guess for who these aliens may really be)
3- The relationship between fox and marvel has improved just enough that i dont think Fox would jab Marvel in the eye again after the were announced for Captain Marvel months ago

Right! I forgot about that!

Rumor debunked! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee