Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix Skepticism Thread

They defend X-Men at FOX by not even bringing up X-Men films. Sad!

Nice Trumpism. heh heh

The fact is simple:

:shr:

I think we'll have to wait and see on that. I don't know if the GA would widely associate Marvel films as Disney. Plus it could depend how much free reign Feige has since getting out from under Ike.

We don't even see the Disney logo at the start of the MCU films. They want the MCU films to have their own identity and not be seen as "oh another Disney flick" which is quite impressive on Disney's part. As for a R rated Marvel film... I don't care, just give me good pg13 Fantastic Four and X-Men movies.

I doubt half the GA even know Disney are behind these films.

The fact is simple:

We can have a Deadpool r-movie at Disney only if it will go out under a different label, so it has to be marketing like very distant and with no link to other superheroes.

No movies can be R with the Disney- label (and the general audience must not know that Disney make R-movies)

here is thing r rated films like deadpool will only happen if disney buys fox
and 20centry fox studio continues as divison of disney and x-men related films continue to be produced there and not marvel studios.

deadpool 2 is setting up x-force just like irion man 2 did avengers and bvs justice league.

X mens batting average is awful film wise.

First 3 were boring and forgetable, which is unforgivable given the brilliant cast they had.

Origins, doesn't need to be gone into.

The wolverine was a good watch, as was first class and Logan. Dofp was good but never broke into great category. Apocolypse was bad.

The issue is its going to take great writing to make these characters have great films because most of these hero's aren't that great.

They often say x men is the batman/suoerman of marvel, that's nonsense, wolverine is. Films without him will struggle.

As for the fantastic four the only reason I hope marvel get the rights back for the four least interesting most clown like hero's is so we can get an amazing von doom. He has the potential to be top five best villains in the mcu.

X mens batting average is awful film wise.

First 3 were boring and forgetable, which is unforgivable given the brilliant cast they had.

Origins, doesn't need to be gone into.

The wolverine was a good watch, as was first class and Logan. Dofp was good but never broke into great category. Apocolypse was bad.

Poor: Origins, X3
Okay: The Wolverine, X-Men: Apocalypse
Good: X1
Great: X2, First Class, X-Men Days of Future Past, Logan, Deadpool

This is how they generally rank with audiences

Can't say any of the new info/pictures has gotten me interested in the film. Still not convinced Kinberg was the guy to handle Phoenix after how poorly his execution was in TLS. Only good thing about the film sees to be Mystique's improved make-up (which was horrible in the last two films), but I haven't liked what they've done with the character in the prequels.

It looks like a complete rehash of X3 and I guess X2's ending.

And what's with everyone wearing black again including Jessica's character.

When did they go to space in X3?? Did I miss the solar flair?

Obviously, I was referring to character death, being so emotional, Jean as the Phoenix... I'll point it out for you next time.

My skepticism was almost erased with the space mission, the funeral, until I got to Chastain's character, which seems to confirm Skrulls and the UniversoXmen scoop from a few weeks back. Kinberg...

And I'm not really digging the Phoenix look, but it's better than The Last Stand for sure.

X2 and dofp were far from great films.

Deadpool can't be counted, it may be by the same studio buts entirely different type of film.

My skepticism was almost erased with the space mission, the funeral, until I got to Chastain's character, which seems to confirm Skrulls and the UniversoXmen scoop from a few weeks back. Kinberg...

Genosha is now confirmed too. And " a confused Jean" will be looking for him. Sounds familiar?

When was Genosha confirmed?

And oh, HELL NO to Mystique leading the X-Men. Done, done, done with this...

Genosha is now confirmed too. And " a confused Jean" will be looking for him. Sounds familiar?

Genosha is, in itself, not a bad thing.

We knew Fassbender was in this, we know the studio/Kinberg likes the Magneto character, we knew he would have a substantial role and a sub-plot.

For him to go off and establish Genosha is a logical step from the end of X:A. I think it's more to do with what they do with it.

Genosha could have been a set-up for a House of M spin-off, or something like that.

It sounds, from rumours, like Dark Phoenix might destroy it (an equivalent to the D'Bari world in the comics and also to Cassandra Nova getting the Sentinels to destroy Genosha). I'm not fond of the choice of seeing it destroyed, though I haven't seen it in the context of the movie of course.

There's no way Jean can redeem herself from destroying an entire island of mutants. Surely she can't remain alive at the end of the film?

We don't even see the Disney logo at the start of the MCU films. They want the MCU films to have their own identity and not be seen as "oh another Disney flick" which is quite impressive on Disney's part. As for a R rated Marvel film... I don't care, just give me good pg13 Fantastic Four and X-Men movies.

It actually was started for the main reason Disney bought Marvel and Lucasfilm in the first place. They have had trouble cracking the tween and teenage boy market as well as they had younger boys in families and the girl market with their animated films and princess line. After the failures of movies like Tron and John Carter, Disney went screw it. We'll buy entertainment we can merchandise to boys.

Brilliant and scary at the same time.

Genosha is, in itself, not a bad thing.

We knew Fassbender was in this, we know the studio/Kinberg likes the Magneto character, we knew he would have a substantial role and a sub-plot.

For him to go off and establish Genosha is a logical step from the end of X:A. I think it's more to do with what they do with it.

Genosha could have been a set-up for a House of M spin-off, or something like that.

It sounds, from rumours, like Dark Phoenix might destroy it (an equivalent to the D'Bari world in the comics and also to Cassandra Nova getting the Sentinels to destroy Genosha). I'm not fond of the choice of seeing it destroyed, though I haven't seen it in the context of the movie of course.

There's no way Jean can redeem herself from destroying an entire island of mutants. Surely she can't remain alive at the end of the film?

Genosha is not a bad thing indeed. Same way the cure itself was not a bad thing, actually it was great. The point is, Eric shouldn't even be here. And we know, as you said, he won't have a small role. It's Fassbender. And Kinberg.

Whose to say a whole island of mutants will die?

We don't even know enough to make that assumption.

But at the same time it makes sense that everyone should feel the Phoenix is a powerful uncontrollable threat because it means tough decisions.

X2 and dofp were far from great films.

Deadpool can't be counted, it may be by the same studio buts entirely different type of film.

Wrong on both accounts I'm afraid. And the evidence is against you.

It actually was started for the main reason Disney bought Marvel and Lucasfilm in the first place. They have had trouble cracking the tween and teenage boy market as well as they had younger boys in families and the girl market with their animated films and princess line. After the failures of movies like Tron and John Carter, Disney went screw it. We'll buy entertainment we can merchandise to boys.

Itsbrilliant and wise.

The Marvel purchase actually came before Tron & John Carter were released.

The Marvel purchase actually came before Tron & John Carter were released.

Yes, but Star Wars didn't. It also still came when Disney openly expressed finding a way to merchandise to boys as well as they had to girls with the princess line.

When was Genosha confirmed?

And oh, HELL NO to Mystique leading the X-Men. Done, done, done with this...

Well she was leading them in the Danger Room in Apocalypse. And as if Kinberg listen to our concerns. He doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"