Days of Future Past X-Men's Man of Steel - The Daniel Cudmore/Colossus Thread

Ahh so that's what Daniel is back for. Effect purposes.

Which I guess is more of a post production requirement

Which I guess is more of a post production requirement

Yes. I assume some of the others will have to come back to do effects etc. Patrick Stewart did say he'd have to come back for post production stuff. Though with him it would only be any reshoots and ADR.

The monastery or temple or whatever the heck it is comes under attack as a bulky figure runs through the destruction. Is this our first look at the return of Daniel Cudmore as Peter Rasputin, aka the metal-skinned Colossus? It sure is. Minus the metal skin.

"He may be his human form in that shot, I’m not sure. By that time in the sequence he may actually be metal but I have no visual effects done!" laughs Singer. "So for that shot you just get what’s on the set - a big, live, real explosion. No CGI yet. We’re in process on very elaborate effects but there’s really none of them done except for a couple of backdrops and a couple of shots I could slide in."

http://www.empireonline.com/features/x-men-days-of-future-past-trailer-breakdown/p21

I have a gut feeling that that will be the last scene before Colossus dies. :(

In that scene it looked like he was swinging his arm at something, or maybe throwing something?

At least we know that they are not using the shoddy looking practical metal costume they gave Cudmore in TLS...

I was really excited to think Daniel was back for reshoots, but his latest tweet confirms he is not. . . . Or so I think.

why was he not metal when they were fighting in the danger room. I mean if they are fighting or pacticing i would think he would need to be metal the whole time

why was he not metal when they were fighting in the danger room. I mean if they are fighting or pacticing i would think he would need to be metal the whole time

because they were saving money clearly, they chose the cheap approach to his metal look after all, aka a mask

Even if they weren't saving money, they were only gonna show Colossus in steel form when its needed. Well he was in steel form the whole time at Alcatraz.

colossuslarge.jpg

Minor complaints, I don't look like he is showing his teeth and his arms look kinda small (probably because of the posing).

But its striking and finally, we get to see in steel form in DOFP!

Does all his body parts turn into an organic metal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"