X3 personality inconsistencies

Ok but Beast was former teammate to and they didnt develop extra scenes to show or tell why he joined and left...Im not sayin he's the same age as Storm,Jean,Beast, or Cycke but in his late 20's, he was the young 1 in a much mature team...I didn't want 2 "remix" the scene I believe that all the XMen should've had a input makin it more developed and hearfelt...

Think about the scene w/ WWJr. and Angel when he refused to take the cure, WW Jr. should have mention the school and WW3 replies that was the only true home and family he had and he never should've left...that would made for quick character development and make my scene fit in...

That still wouldn't work. If Angel were old enough to have been a former X-Men member, he wouldn't be so dominated by his father and he certainly wouldn't be almost forced into taking the cure.

No...what if WW Jr. sent Angel to Xavier's school fearing that if the public found out his son was a mutant it would destroy him and to cover it up he sent Angel to a "boarding school"(most rich folks do this anyway) at the school Angel learned to accept himself, but once he left the team and went back to his father, WW Jr. made Angel feel insecure about his gifts, by keepin him from events, charity's, etc...etc

To be honest their are parents who are like that regardless of age some parents still feel the need to control their "children"....

I don't think Angel was being dominated by his father because their wasn't no scenes that showed that conflict...but I do believe their should have a dialogue about them finding a cure and if one was found Angel would take it, to take over the family empire for fear if the public found out he was a mutant the Worthington named would be slandered and the empire may collapse...

Apprently this "age" thing is an issue for you...how about the original X-Men roster was Prof. X (50), Cyclops(25-30), Jean Grey(24-30,(ala her college yrs to be a Doc.), Beast(30's since he knew Charles for his edu.status and humanities work), Storm(24-30) and Angel(12-18(these represent the yrs. he lived at the mansion on his 16th BDay become an X-Men))

So Angel takes Bobby's role as the teen in the group from the comics, and let' say when he turned 21, him and Cyclops were constintly gettin into arguments over missions and Jean, and he left the team

In the X-Men movies let's say Charles is in his late 50's, early 60's, Cycke, Jean, Storm are mid-30's, Beast in his late 30's, early 40's and Angel is 25...hence my scene making sense...

Apprently this "age" thing is an issue for you...how about the original X-Men roster was Prof. X (50), Cyclops(25-30), Jean Grey(24-30,(ala her college yrs to be a Doc.), Beast(30's since he knew Charles for his edu.status and humanities work), Storm(24-30) and Angel(12-18(these represent the yrs. he lived at the mansion on his 16th BDay become an X-Men))

So Angel takes Bobby's role as the teen in the group from the comics, and let' say when he turned 21, him and Cyclops were constintly gettin into arguments over missions and Jean, and he left the team

In the X-Men movies let's say Charles is in his late 50's, early 60's, Cycke, Jean, Storm are mid-30's, Beast in his late 30's, early 40's and Angel is 25...hence my scene making sense...

I see. But I still prefer my rewrite of the scene, partly because I wrote it, so that's how I saw that movie scene being improved; partly because i think the version i wrote happens to fit better with the movie.

To me, your version didn't quite work within the structure of the movie. It requires all this other rethinking and discussion on ages, etc. Mine doesn't. It just works without the need for extra fuss and bother.

But you prefer yours, and that's fine.

cool...i see your point I mean they did cast actors in their late 30's, early 40's to play the older X-Men....I think the main problem with X3 is that it lacked depth, thought, and "smart" dialogue...

this is the advantage that i feel x-men the last stand has over the other 2. playing x-men legends, the first one, made me realize that you can have a grounded, political story, but still have exciting x-men action. okay, so you take out asteroid m and stuff, and you got yourself a good storyline that could work in the realistic universe of the movies.

this was to me, one of the things that x-men the last stand did absolutely right. it upped the scale of the action, and made it much more exciting, while keeping the universe grounded and realistic. x3 is definately flawed, don't get me wrong, but i think it did do things right too, and this is one of them. to me, this movie really exposed singer's flaw, and that was him holding the movies back a bit too much.

i still disagree with a restart. for me, i think it's okay for CERTAIN things, like batman or superman, which is just so huge they will be done over and over again until the end of time, but beyond a few exceptions, i don't like reboots, remakes, etc... i just think you make a movie, and let it stand on it's own, and if it didn't satisfy, then it's just not a movie you enjoy.

i guess it's different for something like comic films, because everyone wants to see it done right in their own way. but i still am of the belief that you either accept it for what it is, or you don't, but don't keep remaking it. it is what it is. every fan is going to have a different idea of what is correct, and a remake you may love, but other fans may despise it. you can't make a film to please everyone. i'd rather see originality, and new, creative movies coming out instead of the same thing over and over again.

i don't mind juggernaut's look in the film at all actually. i think someone posted on here a long time ago, when his look was first revealed, a comic panel where juggernaut looked exactly like he does in the movie, so i guess in that sense, it's not like it's unaccurate.

i don't have a problem with his look at all. actually, i liked juggernaut in the film altogether. my only complaint about juggernaut was how they decided to take him out. i do understand that leech obviously negated his power, i don't have a problem with that, but running into a wall (when wearing a thick helmet meant for protection) and getting knocked unconcious is just a poor way to take out a big bad villian. call me greedy, but i wanted to see a team battle that showcased the x-men trying to take him out, and not being able to, until finally they figure out some kind of way that they can defeat him. just like the cartoons and comics. his fight with wolverine was a good start to show his strength, but they needed to do more.

i do agree with you on sentinels. i felt like it was a given that sentinels weren't touched upon. it was set up so perfectly from the end of x2 that no sentinels almost borders on incompetance.

there is obviously some time that has passed between x2 and x3 (new president, etc...) so the dark cerebro thing probably would have been dealt with (we don't need to see direct consequences), but a sentinel project that's been in effect due to the events at alkali lake - that would have been brilliant. it could have added more drama, with a moral dillema for the president: protect the citizens and unleash sentinels upon alcatraz, endangering the delicate relationship between humans and mutants, or protect the relationship between humans and mutants, but risk the destruction at alcatraz (and beyond) being caused by mutants.

sentinels were a perfect way to go with this movie (along with a couple other things *cough*gambit*cough*), and a "missed oppourtunity" is an understatement. ignoring sentinels and gambit, which were set up to be introduced PERFECTLY by the previous movie, and the story of x3, is damn near incompetance in my book.

and that's my biggest complain with x3 - not so much what it WAS (i do love the movie. i find faults with it, but i do love it), but what it COULD HAVE and SHOULD HAVE been.

I was just curious, what did you think of The Dark Knight trailer?

I was just curious, what did you think of The Dark Knight trailer?

it looks good. i liked batman begins, but also feel it's very over-rated.

compared to the older batman films, it's great, but on it's own, i still don't like the direction they took. i think they went too far in the other direction.

but i like what i see from joker in the trailer. i'm sure i'll like the movie, and i'm hoping it's better than batman begins.

WOW I havn't been around here in forever!

:D

Nell I read that comment about how you feel you can remake Batman and Supes over and over and over and it's ok but it's not the same with X-men.

Well I totally disagree. :D
Eventually the X-Men films of our time are going to be the StarWars or Indiana Jones of yesterday and IMO they're going to need some serious updating or remaking.

Before remaking and updating became a trend alot of the pioneers where very successful.

If this trend dies out well like all trends it'll come back and that's when I hope X-men gets an update. Hopefully I won't be too old by then. :)

Nell I read that comment about how you feel you can remake Batman and Supes over and over and over and it's ok but it's not the same with X-men.

Eventually the X-Men films of our time are going to be the StarWars or Indiana Jones of yesterday and IMO they're going to need some serious updating or remaking.

Before remaking and updating became a trend alot of the pioneers where very successful.

If this trend dies out well like all trends it'll come back and that's when I hope X-men gets an update. Hopefully I won't be too old by then. :)

Hopefully YOU won't be too old?! WTF! You're only a kid aren't you? I thought you were one of the internet children on here, about 15 or so!?

I'm 41, i wonder if I'll be watching the remakes in a retirement community!

i disagree, i don't think x-men will be our generation's version of star wars, or indiana jones. i think that goes to lord of the rings, and the matrix, really.

and even then, if they were, i still don't see star wars or indiana jones being redone. the newer star wars movies weren't remakes, they were actual sequels (sequels that most people would argue aren't really worthy of the title "star wars"), same with the new indiana jones movie, which i also would argue is overkill.

but no, x-men isn't the star wars of our generation. it's not even the supreme comic book franchise of our time (albiet, I feel it's the best, most people would go with spiderman).

Hopefully YOU won't be too old?! WTF! You're only a kid aren't you? I thought you were one of the internet children on here, about 15 or so!?

I'm 21 :)

If you're in a wheel chair by then I don't mind pushing you to the theatre. :p

i disagree, i don't think x-men will be our generation's version of star wars, or indiana jones. i think that goes to lord of the rings, and the matrix, really.

and even then, if they were, i still don't see star wars or indiana jones being redone. the newer star wars movies weren't remakes, they were actual sequels (sequels that most people would argue aren't really worthy of the title "star wars"), same with the new indiana jones movie, which i also would argue is overkill.

but no, x-men isn't the star wars of our generation. it's not even the supreme comic book franchise of our time (albiet, I feel it's the best, most people would go with spiderman).

It Doesn't have to be the exact equivelent of those 2 movies for our generation. I'm just saying it was a very successful franchise with a large fan base and That's all it take IMO. It did however leave it's imprint on our generation by sparking the super hero genre trend.

As for Star Wars being a remake, I also said update. Not directly refering too but implying on the prequels we got. :)

Not to mention the value and meaning the story holds.

That's just how I feel though.

Oh and although I probably won't care for the new Indiana Jones movie I believe it's one the highest anticipated movies of 08 even more so than my fav- :brucebat: According to different polls anyways. *shrugs*

Hey, it only took Batman 8 years to reboot itself. You would still be under 50. The crotchety old Fantastic Four fans, however, are probably screwed.

I'd say LOTR is definitely our generations Star Wars or Indiana Jones. As much as I LOVED the first two Matrix films, the third didn't really do much for me and the final fight between Smith and Neo was very anti-climatic in my opinion.

As cliche as it is for me to say this, I just want a film to beat the record that Titanic holds and I seriously thought X-Men, LOTR, and Spider-Man would be the ones to do it. I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan and while I'm excited for the one that's coming out this year, it didn't need another movie as The Last Crusade was excellent and was a fine closer to an already amazing trilogy.

I'd say LOTR is definitely our generations Star Wars or Indiana Jones. As much as I LOVED the first two Matrix films, the third didn't really do much for me and the final fight between Smith and Neo was very anti-climatic in my opinion.

As cliche as it is for me to say this, I just want a film to beat the record that Titanic holds and I seriously thought X-Men, LOTR, and Spider-Man would be the ones to do it. I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan and while I'm excited for the one that's coming out this year, it didn't need another movie as The Last Crusade was excellent and was a fine closer to an already amazing trilogy.

Much as i hate to say it, X-Men won't be remembered as much as LoTR, Pirates and Spider-Man.

X-Men never rose to the greatness that it could have been - partly because the characters just aren't mainstream icons, partly because of movies that never hit that sky-high epic grandeur of moviemaking. You'd need an entirely different approach to make X-Men into that kind of success - imagine a Gore Verbinsky-directed movie in which Xavier recruits the uncanny X-Men from all corners of the globe as in the 1975 comic, we see Storm in Kenya, Colossus in Siberia, Nightcrawler in Germany, etc etc, to stop some massive threat. Then you're notching it up a few levels.

Much as i hate to say it, X-Men won't be remembered as much as LoTR, Pirates and Spider-Man.

X-Men never rose to the greatness that it could have been - partly because the characters just aren't mainstream icons, partly because of movies that never hit that sky-high epic grandeur of moviemaking. You'd need an entirely different approach to make X-Men into that kind of success - imagine a Gore Verbinsky-directed movie in which Xavier recruits the uncanny X-Men from all corners of the globe as in the 1975 comic, we see Storm in Kenya, Colossus in Siberia, Nightcrawler in Germany, etc etc, to stop some massive threat. Then you're notching it up a few levels.

After seeing the preview of Hellboy II, Pans Labyrinth, and Blade II I'd love to see Del Toro take a crack at the X-Men mythology.

After seeing the preview of Hellboy II, Pans Labyrinth, and Blade II I'd love to see Del Toro take a crack at the X-Men mythology.

i haven't seen pan's labyrinth, but after hellboy and blade 2, i don't want del toro anywhere near a MOVIE CAMERA again, let alone an x-men film.

i haven't seen pan's labyrinth, but after hellboy and blade 2, i don't want del toro anywhere near a MOVIE CAMERA again, let alone an x-men film.

Watch Pans Labyrinth. The man is an amazing director with a very good eye for visuals and capturing the epic nature for certain stories. I will admit that Hellboy wasn't the greatest film and is his weakest in my opinion, however, I loved Pans Labyrinth and I loved Blade II.

Then again I've always been a sucker for good vampire films. Unless it's Dracula 2000, Queen of the Damned, or some **** like that. Only complaint that Pans Labyrinth receives is that the film is in spanish with subtitles.

So far I'm not impressed with Del Toro either. Mimic and Blade 2 were garbage. Hellboy was okay but, surprisingly boring at times. There are many directors I'd prefer for an X-Men reboot over this guy.

Then again I've always been a sucker for good vampire films. Unless it's Dracula 2000, Queen of the Damned, or some **** like that.

The only vampire movie I've enjoyed was Blade. Van Helsing was bland. Vampires was awful. I didn't bother seeing Queen of the damned and Dracula 2000. I wish a vampire series would be made from a cool role playing game I played in college called Vampire: The Masquerade. Then I would like to see a series based on Mage: The Ascension and Werewolf: The Brotherhood.

The only vampire movie I've enjoyed was Blade. Van Helsing was bland. Vampires was awful. I didn't bother seeing Queen of the damned and Dracula 2000. I wish a vampire series would be made from a cool role playing game I played in college called Vampire: The Masquerade. Then I would like to see a series based on Mage: The Ascension and Werewolf: The Brotherhood.

the original "blade" was amazing. both sequels were pretty horrible in my opinion, but i absolutely love the original. it's one of my favorite comic book films.

i agree, van helsing was also really bad. i really wanted to see it, but it was completely different from what i had hoped. i was hoping it would be something really dark and evil, similar to how i viewed the original nes castlevania games. unfortunately, it turned out really campy and comic booky, but not the cool kind of comic booky. the bad kind.

i haven't seen the other vampire movies you mentioned. it's funny that you mention wanting a vampire movie based on that video game... i don't know if you're familiar with it, but i'm really into playing warhammer, and my army of choice is the vampire counts. the lore of the different vampire bloodlines, and some of the storylines, are VERY dark, very violent, and very evil. if they were made in the same type of style that the stories are written, those would make for some very good vampire movies. even if not the warhammer stories, but rather just the very dark style.

as far as pan's labyrinth goes, i haven't seen it yet, but despite being directed by del toro, i actually think it looks good, and would like to see it. i'll definately get around to it at some point.

Del Toro is an interesting possibility, but he'd need a very good script as a foundation or he'd wander off into his fantastical, imaginary ideas and impose those on the movie. I'm not sure he's the right choice, as he's very 'out there'.

Hellboy was visually excellent, though it seemed to lack a plot for most of the movie and there was an excessive focus on monsters and demons at the expense of developing some of the characters. Hellboy II looks somewhat the same - all dazzling sets and amazing monsters. I hope the movie has more substance and suspense than that! But I agree Pan's Labyrinth was an excellent movie.

i haven't seen the other vampire movies you mentioned. it's funny that you mention wanting a vampire movie based on that video game... i don't know if you're familiar with it, but i'm really into playing warhammer, and my army of choice is the vampire counts. the lore of the different vampire bloodlines, and some of the storylines, are VERY dark, very violent, and very evil. if they were made in the same type of style that the stories are written, those would make for some very good vampire movies. even if not the warhammer stories, but rather just the very dark style.

Vampire movie based on a video game? Vampire: The Masquerade was a role playing board game. The vampire mythology of that game was fantastic. I didn't know there was a video game of this.

Vampire movie based on a video game? Vampire: The Masquerade was a role playing board game. The vampire mythology of that game was fantastic. I didn't know there was a video game of this.

never mind, you're right, it's not a video game. i know what you're talking about now. my mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"