YES or NO, should Cyclops be killed off?

I hope your right man

You really no nothing abot filming though, it could have easly taken two weeks to film that. They would film all the mansion scenes at once (its called editing) they are not going to film the movie in the order it appears in the script. it takes sometimes a week to film a five minute shot.....

those may have been unsed promotional shots from the other x-men movies, plus based on his role in the other film. I doubt they are going to increase it here, I hope they do, but I really doubt it

i cannot rebuttle about not knowing anything about the movie, because that is a fact.

but as for the promotional shots they are new, not only is marsdens build *judging by his face* slightly differint but so is his hair, while some may argue that he could have just cut his hair before filming X2 we must remember that the very first costume test shots have him with the haircut he donned in X2. these promotional shots have him with his hair being the exact same length as the trailer, with the slight differince being that he combed his hair or had something done to it to make him appear to have gotten over his struggle for jean (a common movie trick, have the greiving hero appear rugged and unclean to signify his lack of care for life, only to have him return clean shaven and looking neat to represent coming to terms with his situation) so as for the promotional shots, they are new, and they are not photoshopped, so the costume AND the visor were brought into the production, and i highly doubt they would even have these pictures taken if their not even planning on using it.

it's hollywood.they love them some money, there not going to waste it.

can you post these pics or give me a link, I'd like to see them.......

JokerNick said:
can you post these pics or give me a link, I'd like to see them.......

well it's more like 'picture' but i guess thats my fault for being unintentionaly missleading.

i only have the small version sadly, anyone with the bigger one feel free to post it.
114230272_b068a547a9_o.jpg

I saw that one before, idk though, I think he's not going to be in this one much, AICN seems dead on with that script review

AICN is a place i prefer to think doesint exist. ;)

well they seem pretty dead on so far, the scene with them at the lake, the cure, Beast, a funeral............ people are just in denial about this, I think this is a bad move to kill cyclops, because we all know there will be an x-4 (this movie will make a ton of money), and by killing him off they eliminate story archs like sinister, and plots that involve the shi-at,

...Do I even have to vote??!!

Because I don't see a "WTF, are you insane, smoking crack, loser, fool, most evil of all time" option up there.

Cyclops is the main reason I like X-Men. Like if I go to the comic store Ill only buy a comic if Cyclops is in it. So if he dies in the movie, Ill see it, but wont buy it on DVD.

No way.. Cyclops is one of the reasons why I like the X-MEN. I rather see Wolverine die then Cyclops.. The character hasn't been given a fair chance while Wolverine has been overly used and expossed. I dout a Wolverine movie will make as much as an X-Men movie.

This is why I think X4 or X-Men:Begins must happen, other characters have been over shadowed by others. Screw that.. some haven't even been mentioned or been graced on the big screen. :down

He's not my most favourte character or anything, but I sure as hell don't want to see him killed off. They should kill off Logan instead...............hehehheh!

No way should he be killed off......if anything he needs a bit more 'action time'....he's been made to look like a bit of a weed really in the past two films....

Most of them have apart from Wolverine, Mystique, Magneto and Jean. The rest have been made out to be pretty wimpy. Although it has to be said, James Marsden is AMAZING as Cyclops. He plays the part extremely well.

He does......
I think he needs to stay as the steady base of the X-men if they are to make future films......if not then I guess there is no harm in killing him off.....

Well, the trailer seems to make it clear he will be killed off, even down to the fact that Storm seems to have taken over as tight-ass leader of the group.

The trailer could be misleading us.......I hope so.......

It would be cool in an X4 film to see the roles reversed and have Wolverine as the mature leader trying to look after a slightly rebellious Gambit......

Wolverine has already kind of taken on a fatherly role to Rogue and it comes across well on screen....like when she first introduces him to Bobby.....

No Cyclops should not die!

Firstly Wolverine gets the most screen time, the most lines and the best action scenes so giving him the girl as well will be too much and too unfair! I'm just sick of him!

Also we've hardly seen any screen time between Jean and Cyclops so most of the general audience would think that Logan and Jean were the couple and Scott was merely the third wheel when it's really the other way around! I also liked how Scott had that one advantage over Wolverine: Jeans undying love!

I don't see how Scott's death would be dramatic as he's had barely any screen time! If you want drama then you need kill someone that the audience is familiar with and would be saddened by their death, like say Professor X! Most of the general public wouldn't be affected by Scott's death so it would come out as unnecessary!

On the subject of screentime, Scott deserves more of it as his charachter has faded into the background! If he dies then Fox wasted their time having him there in the first place 'coz he had no major part in developing the story! Also his death can't be seen as the reason for Jean becoming evil as she kisses wolverine in the ShoWest clip indicating she(Dark Phoenix) has no feeling for Scott!

Short answer: No
Long answer: No they f**king well shouldn't or I'll be unbelievably p**sed!!! :mad:

Sunstar said:
No Cyclops should not die!

Firstly Wolverine gets the most screen time, the most lines and the best action scenes so giving him the girl as well will be too much and too unfair! I'm just sick of him!

Also we've hardly seen any screen time between Jean and Cyclops so most of the general audience would think that Logan and Jean were the couple and Scott was merely the third wheel when it's really the other way around! I also liked how Scott had that one advantage over Wolverine: Jeans undying love!

I don't see how Scott's death would be dramatic as he's had barely any screen time! If you want drama then you need kill someone that the audience is familiar with and would be saddened by their death, like say Professor X! Most of the general public wouldn't be affected by Scott's death so it would come out as unnecessary!

On the subject of screentime, Scott deserves more of it as his charachter has faded into the background! If he dies then Fox wasted their time having him there in the first place 'coz he had no major part in developing the story! Also his death can't be seen as the reason for Jean becoming evil as she kisses wolverine in the ShoWest clip indicating she(Dark Phoenix) has no feeling for Scott!

I agree in part..i mean the problem is not really the screentime imo , but what you do with it..i mean mystique is more memorable than movie cyke imo..

Cyclops in the X-movies is the most less favored X-men, I hope Marvel & FOX give him the right treatment he deserve.

"LONG LIVE CYCLOPS"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"