You can STILL tell Bryan Singer did not direct this!

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
Brett Ratner kept saying how no one would be able to tell it wasn't directed by Singer. . .but it's quite obvious he didn't. Sure, he kept the same sets and costumes, but it's not in the Singer style.

To begin with, under Singer's direction this film would be over 2 hours long and not 90 minutes. Secondly, there's dialogue in this film that was obviously not written by Mike Dougherty and Dan Harris.

What do you guys think?

I knew right at the beginning that it was different to Bryans directing and how differen the script was

Brett = Fast and furious
Singer = Slow and clear

I can tell that Singer did not direct it by virtue of the fact that Singer did not direct it.

*xmenfan* said:
I knew right at the beginning that it was different to Bryans directing and how differen the script was

Yeah, the first two films started with the voice over and opening credits. This started with a flashback scene.

Too many mutant extras that we didn't care about.

Too many 'winks' to power usage, and quite an overload too.

Loses its 'compactness' that X2 had.

The production design, ie the wardrobes of the Brotherhood. That's probably a little debatable there however, but I can maintain that however they dress doesn't really affect the plot. It's just the look.

Just a few examples.

pyromaniac said:
Too many mutant extras that we didn't care about.

I didn't feel like there was too many mutants. Its just that Ratner didn't allow enough time to explore them.

You can tell Bryan did not direct this basically from the more than underwhelming beginning, the lack of visual nuance and the incredibly fast pacing that took away from the film rather than give to it.

Catman said:
I didn't feel like there was too many mutants. Its just that Ratner didn't allow enough time to explore them.

I'm talking about those like Lizard Man and so forth. Well, I'll admit the pay off for Lizard Man was necessary but the end result was that I did not care that much about them.

pyromaniac said:
I'm talking about those like Lizard Man and so forth. Well, I'll admit the pay off for Lizard Man was necessary but the end result was that I did not care that much about them.

I really resented the Lizard Man, I mean they made the evil mutants look less human, they are just as sympathetic as the X-men with a different point of view, I always felt the X series benefitted from making the so called bad guys more grey because their point of view can be understood.

They made those mutants look like savages really.

smart, layered, deep, interesting, cool. Singer has it all.

would ratner have thought of putting x's in every scene?

Wesyeed said:
smart, layered, deep, interesting, cool. Singer has it all.

would ratner have thought of putting x's in every scene?

No but Ratner put cheesy one liners in every scene, BEAT THAT

no but the action in X3 was 10 times better then in 1 and 2 combined

both have their qualities that make them valid Xmen directors and both have their detachables that i don't like in both movies, i wish we could get a mix of the high octaine Ratner, and the storytelling of Singer, but to Ratners credit this is the most "Xmen" movie of all three of them

the style is obviously different, so many different colors, and camera sweeps in ratners that singer didn't use, and the pacing is obvious, it's not the replica they thought it would be but i like it anyways, in some ways more, in some ways less

I am so glad you could tell Ratner directed it, it felt more like the comic book, and it just had more of a feeling like Spider-man.

yeah could tell the diff right from the begining, to me it was more fun and more xmen like than the previous ones. All that talk about you not being able to tell the diff was a load of rubbish tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"