You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 10

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Thread Manager, Jan 15, 2018.

1. The Shape

The Shape In the shadows

This is awesome. The Crow is one of my favorites.

2. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I don't know if I've missed the conversation but I was talking about having her down the line, not now. Same goes for all the Bat-family. I want to see them all eventually but I prefer a Batman reboot to focus on Batman. And I also don't mind how long of a break Joker gets. He's the best villain, but Batman has a great rogue's gallery and it's about time we saw more of them. The one character I do want to see updated soon that has been done before is Penguin.

3. BaelaTargaryen

BaelaTargaryen Well-Known Member

4. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

I find it so funny how TDK is back in theaters, while the DCEU is still pretty much a thing. Batfleck was in theaters just last year, not even a full year. With a Batman movie that could be connected to the same version, almost written and ready to go soon for pre-production (sometime next year). And yet, Nolan and Bale's version of Batman is being re-released in the middle of all of this.

5. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Hopefully, Batman '89 gets a re-release next year for it's 30th.

SniperHF likes this.
  6. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

Awesome

Will it be able to collect another billion?

I'd pay to see that one.

7. Greens

Greens I am Danny DeVito

I hope so too. Never got to see it in theaters.

8. Herofan

Herofan Well-Known Member

From not really wearing a mask, she realistically could be pretty easily identified.

9. DoomRulz

DoomRulz A guy that comes and goes

Got my ticket for next Wednesday night in 70mm :hmr:

10. Spider-Aziz

When was this thread move to Batman World?
    I miss having The Batman around, and wish he was here to share his thoughts in this thread.

11. DoomRulz

Oh good, the thread is still here! Geez, I thought it had been deleted.

12. Spider-Aziz

I had the same thought, then I dug into my posting history.

13. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ahh good I thought the forum was gone too. So glad its here

14. BaelaTargaryen

BaelaTargaryen Well-Known Member

Stephen Amell: Arrow Season 1 Was Inspired By Dark Knight

15. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

Hardly a surprise there.

16. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Add it to the long list of things inspired by TDK.

17. 2kt09

2kt09 Here 'N' There

Yeah, the first 3 seasons mirrored the TDKT.

18. Japaneseman

Japaneseman Member

I was thinking about it, I was trying to imagine or envision an interpretation very heavily inspired by Burton’s work on Batman and wha tat would look like. It would be like an elseworld mini-series. I know they’ve done all kinds of things like that but I liked imaging it anyway. So anyway, I was thinking the latest Judge Dredd movie would be an interesting stylistic template for the costume. It would be very armour, leathery plated looking and I was thinking maybe a blue cape and cowl, really bright and kind of two toned, change colour or look different depending on lighting. And then his gloves, boots would be more muted and dull looking. It would be really gritty, and slightly futuristic maybe but at the same time retro of course. I just think it would make me look more heroic as the all black can look too monotone or grim. I was thinking like industrial, futuristic but also retro because Gotham and the country it’s in would be experiencing a major economic fiscal down turn and depression. The city would be on the brink of a major social, and civil uprising or disorder and experiencing great civil unrest as a result. Thus kind of the old fashioned look or appearance as well.

Obviously the police force wouldn’t really know what to do and would be unable, not to mention being faced with many stipulation and bureaucratic legislative paper work being put in their way, Batman would be kind of a neutral party acting primarily to keep peace but perhaps would get in a little over his head then he originally set out or expected.

The a joker would be a direct representation of the political and social unhesven and unrest the city is experiencing and the direct result manifestation of the ill and wrong doings of the prevailing upper class and oligarchies and corruption, wrong doings in the city,.

Batman would be characterized as a very gruff, and silent character at least in the beginning. He would be like he normally is but it would portray him in a more mysterious and gruff type of light prior or first into his introduction who isn’t afraid to get into knock down fights and get hid hands dirty, sans all the fancy acrobatics and floppy somersault stuff. Like he’d have martial arts lessons maybe but he’d primarily gain his merit through street fighting and stuff.

D8FC40F1-26A4-4DF6-B57B-0BB52FA89B8E.jpeg C1652C9C-E16F-414F-8429-98B76FECAD1C.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  19. Japaneseman

Japaneseman Member

Then I was thinking what the Joker was to primarily blame for creating or having a large hand in inspiring many of the other villains, super villains in Gotham? I thought that would be kind of interesting for some reason. I was also thinking that Gothsm could have been this huge industrial, and cosmopolitan city in its creation and the height of its success and prosperity. It would have grown tremendously wealthy and experience great prosperity and thus it would have strange and peculiar, if not e ought and somewhat garish deco and architecture? Like, I was thinking maybe there was some strange or huge catholic influence and there’s weird angels and maybe even demonic things all over that over time as Gotham decline look on a more grim and somber tone, watching over the citizens below. But then I think of like the future world in the Mask of Phantasm, the “days of tomorrow” or something? Like they also built all this supposedly cutting edge real estate and infrastructure only having it not really coming to fruition like was planned and only I’d anything seemed to instead dot the city scapes skylines as it spelled its inevitable doom.

Like the Joker acts semi-as a kingpin in Gotham but not officially in charge as his network, liaisons and sphere of influence are murky and difficult to discern as he likes the notoriety this gives him only to lose control somewhat but doesn’t care as that’s what he wants, but still has all kinds of weird channels. Like, how else does this crazy man operate?

Then I was thinking maybe partially that’s what he spends lots of time doing and would be his main motive half strategically pitting rival factions, gangs against each other almost for the sake of it and manipulating a vast array of people all in a crazy plot for some unforeseen reason. Maybe he’d be good at mimicking or acting since his disfigurement and thus is apt at make up, and disguises.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  20. Iceman

That's really well done :up:

21. Spider-Aziz

22. DoomRulz

Cavill is out as Superman. Bye-bye, DCCU. What a clusterf...

23. Enriquespy

Enriquespy Well-Known Member

Spider-Aziz and StarLord like this.
  24. Iceman

Yep, noone could have guessed this lol.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  25. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

Feels like an admission of defeat in a way.